Skaky Isles (NZ) still shaking

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yep, reports of fatalities this time - but don't know how many yet.

Still haven't had a txt back from Russ. Russ business is well away from the centre of the city in a single storey building, but is an older area called Woolston were the buildings are only a couple of stories. stuff.co.nz has photo's and video's. Due to being a work day a of people have been injured or died in or around buildings as they have collapsed.

Just seen some pic of whats happened on the BBC news website. Looks absolutely horrendous. My thoughts are with everyone involved.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yes indeed. Brian, I emailed you before I saw the post from you. Has anyone heard from Russ? Probably the Web is down there unless through wireless, and that may be down as well, if the power is off. Awful business.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Toll still at 65 some 9.5 hours after quake hit, but likely to rise. Some remarkable tales of survival/escape emerging. Haven't heard from Russ yet but that is not surprising as communication in the area is very bad with many cell phone towers toppled. Major damage appears to be pretty much confined to the Christchurch CBD and Lyttelton.

Hi
Power is back up about 10 minutes ago. Russ and Leon are OK. CBD really bad. Sounds like water supply and sewerage is a problem. Push bike to work only takes me 20 mins, today it took me 4-1/2hrs to drive home. Many peoples left their car at work as it is quicker to walk home. It is raining and quite cold now.

LIM

Good to hear the boys are OK, my thoughts are with you. my wife txt some other friends that live in the area and they are also OK. We (aussies/kiwis) must have realy peeved the man up stair's with what he has sent us laterly, we are both made of stern stuff so keep your chins up guys. Leonmac.

With all of the termoil in the world and of course the continuing devistation of New Zeland and Austrailia specifically, it is a good reminder to have at least a 72 hour kit available at all times. The devistatin of the last little while has shown how important being prepared really is.

I am greatful that our brothers in the motorhead world are ok.

I am amazed at the pictures, my wife and I were there on holidays last month. seeing the likes of the cathedral in ruin and quite a few of the places we visited destroyed, the feeling is surreal. My thoughts are with the people of Christchurch, and hope all are safe.

Great to hear that Russ and Lim are OK, from his silence ..hope that does not mean any damage just no power!
We are all thinking of you.
Russell

Thanks guy for all your concern. More after shocks last night and today. Latest new the tallest building in CBD Grand Chancellor Hotel may collapse, as the bottom building is sinking now.
Spoke to Russ last night, he said he is OK, also reception not cleared.
This morning busy with helping neighbours and friends fill up their bucket, as we have a well at our place.
Not doing any tidying my garage just yet, as I do not know will there be another big one round the corner.

LIM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Steady out there fellows... You remain in our thoughts and prayers...

Back