SL-C powerplant possibility?

Inside line had a story rumoring that the new Lotus Esprit may use the LFA V10 so the engine must be available. I expect you could order a complete LFA drivetrain from Toyota for six figure $$$ as long as it starts with something other than a 1.

Must be available toooooooo Lotus maybe but most likely not the general consumer.

I'm surprised no one has chimed in with this yet since it's probably been the most anticipated crate engine since the LS9:

Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Part Details]

Nice! Could also get the supercharger kit for it as well:

Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Part Details]

Benji

How about an LS9.....no body mods needed....and just a small mod on the chassis crossbrace and a custom inlet on the throttle body but otherwise...plain sailing...
its also going to have a new pulley and a calibration tweek and will be a mild 720-730hp on pump fuel ....

Attachments

• DSCF2414.JPG
    DSCF2414.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 487
  • DSCF2415.JPG
    DSCF2415.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCF2416.JPG
    DSCF2416.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 564
  • DSCF2417.JPG
    DSCF2417.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 604
I assume it will fit in the track/race rear clip also..(with the above crossmember & intake mods). Really COOL!

[snip]

...mild 720-730hp on pump fuel...

[snip]

"Mild"? Good one.

One thing I learned after buying a 450cc dirt bike -> the more power, the more heat that has to be dissipated, the less range, the more gas that must be carried, the more weight (engine, additional gas, heavier frame, etc.), the more brake wear, the more effort to drive, etc. Of course, the more thrills (hehe), but, if I had to do it over again, I would have balanced everything.

I'm just guessing, but the owner of the LS9 SLC had better require Depends during test drives.

BTW, getting rid of heat - especially a lot of heat in a small space - requires engineering.

I'm not saying:
  • it CAN'T be done
  • IMPOSSIBLE
  • ANYTHING else

my $.02

Paul,

having connections at GM and also having local friends with LS9 engine transplants in non OEM vehicles helps as the knowledge base is certainly going to give us a major advantage over "winging it"...

This is a track car that the owner is going to really enjoy...he already has a pretty healthy RCR40....

Mmm, I dunno - I think that engine need more cubes and less boost :laugh:

:D

I respectfully disagree, it should have more cubes and more boost :D

Actually to be honest, I'd like to see what would happen to the LS9 if it's supercharger was fed by two giant snails....

LS9 is sweet indeedy and Fran has the connections to GM so it's a logical choice, I just also like the Coyote block and think it too needs some love :)

Not enough HP yet from the Coyote....still only stock LS3 power

The hot ticket is a 427 LS (Ls7) with a blower...very streetable 820hp and 875lb/ft on pump gas...GM has one of these in a street 2010 Camaro...I went for a ride.....OH YEAH!!!!!

Last edited:
How about an LS9.....no body mods needed....and just a small mod on the chassis crossbrace and a custom inlet on the throttle body but otherwise...plain sailing...
its also going to have a new pulley and a calibration tweek and will be a mild 720-730hp on pump fuel ....

DUDE STOP!!!!

If my wife sees me drooling over this I am getting divorced for sure

The Yeah, the kitchen is key. I thought I could get away with just doing the bathroom. That only lasted until I GOT the car....kitchen is now done so I may proceed with the build.

Not enough HP yet from the Coyote....still only stock LS3 power

The hot ticket is a 427 LS (Ls7) with a blower...very streetable 820hp and 875lb/ft on pump gas...GM has one of these in a street 2010 Camaro...I went for a ride.....OH YEAH!!!!!

Crate Coyote = LS3 Power
Crate Coyote + FRPP Factory Supercharger (624 tune) = LS9

Surely? :) The only disadvantage is the lack of dry sump :(

And its a new engine package without years of development in the aftermarket world.......

its also much larger than the LS package..and with a supercharger bolted ontop it may as well have a chain attached and double as a boat anchor...

Paul,

having connections at GM and also having local friends with LS9 engine transplants in non OEM vehicles helps as the knowledge base is certainly going to give us a major advantage over "winging it"...

This is a track car that the owner is going to really enjoy...he already has a pretty healthy RCR40....

Hi Fran:

I don't think you're winging it, and I doubt there will be any problems.

Based on you career and the fact that you've put together so many of these cars with all sorts of engine, tranny, etc. combinations that you probably have an innate sense of where the issues will be given an owners requirements.

That opinion, however, is based on experience. Having an opinion based on guesswork; that is winging it.

AND, it's a track car.

-- P

Thanks for the vote of confidence....its always a team effort around here...

No sweat; for the following reasons:

As far as I know, anyone that has ever posted in this forum over the last 5+ years, who has conducted their own first hand research of the various kit cars available, has always put RCR's cars on top in terms of overall quality.

Your initial web site photos showed so much engineering and manufacturing detail that you had to remove some for competitive reasons (haha).

Finally, Cadillac came to you to produce their roadster, and they are trying to market themselves as the premier performance & quality brand. And they had their pick of suppliers.

So, no, I don't have any problem believing that your shop and cars are kick a$$.

-- P

Here is an engine for all the twin turbo toyota v8s crowd out there ,including me

I think this is the most erotic engine pic i have ever seen,even if its in the back of an ultima shhhhh but i can see the possiblites for the Sl-c....enjoy

Attachments

• 672 Ultima GTR.jpg
    672 Ultima GTR.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 763
  • s1385.jpg
    s1385.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,615
Back