SL-C powerplant possibility?

If you are looking for cool engine sound for slc, have a look at that

But it must be 1) hard to find, 2) big to fit in.

I think that if the compression ratio increases and use

light(en) flyweel/pistons, the pitch will go high. I think.

The high pitched furai engine must have HIGH compression.

Although i think that ethanol and aluminium have some problems working together...

If you are looking for cool engine sound for slc, have a look at that

But it must be 1) hard to find, 2) big to fit in.

I think that if the compression ratio increases and use

light(en) flyweel/pistons, the pitch will go high. I think.

The high pitched furai engine must have HIGH compression.

Although i think that ethanol and aluminium have some problems working together...

Isn't there some debate whether that's actually a countach or a kit car?

Naturally aspirated p-port 20b 3-rotor built by Racing Beat with 9.7:1 compression rotors.

So, its not that high. Do you know how an engine sound can become something like an f1?. Like that. It has an AMG v12. Or that. from a V10. Or that. From LSx. Or that. Carrera gt v10. Go to 2.01 and listen to THAT.
Ive seen posted somewhere (i cant find it) an LS engine with amazing sound.
The guy had two vettes, the one with the f1 sound was not street legal.

And then its the rotary. The racing versions are compact and light, but
the "common" 4rotaries are bigger and heavier. And the other 3 rotor projects dont have much of a sound, n my opinion. And they cost sky high.

The SLC is one of the best looking cars ive ever seen. i was looking to built a kit car
but with a lower budget. Now that has become my purpose.
Does anyone know if RCR can built a Chro-Mo (chromium molybdenum tubes) frame? It could save some weight and stiff it.
Thank you very much.
Sorry for my bad english.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Psychopath - Welcome to GT40s!

Please do us all a favor and take a look at our FAQ. In particular, I would appreciate it if you paid close attention to the 2nd item on the list and make the appropriate changes to your User Name.
GT40s.com - FAQ

Thank you! :thumbsup:

I wonder if the audi's 5.2 V10 can fit in. I cannot find any specs
about this engine which has an amazing sound.
As i can see from youtube, they use them already for ultima.
Even better, are the engines being prodused after 2007, which have direct injection fuel delivery system.

Perhaps they are too complex and not as easy to tune as an lsx.
It seems we cannot have everything...:sad:

I vote do what I'm doing - stab an sleeved LS(x) into it and make almost 700RWhp and sound like sex :thumbsup:

I vote do what I'm doing - stab an sleeved LS(x) into it and make almost 700RWhp and sound like sex :thumbsup:

It is the best, i think.

Have you ever concider the LS3? or even better the LS9?
The LS9 use the block of an LS3 which has thicker cylinder walls than a LS7 (aluminum blocks) thus whithstanding the supercharger and gaining the weight loss from cast iron block LSX (heavy but VERY strong, up to ~2500bhp!).
I think that 700hp can easily be withstaned by a supercharged LS3 or an LS9...
If someone knows better, please...

It is the best, i think.

Have you ever concider the LS3? or even better the LS9?
The LS9 use the block of an LS3 which has thicker cylinder walls than a LS7 (aluminum blocks) thus whithstanding the supercharger and gaining the weight loss from cast iron block LSX (heavy but VERY strong, up to ~2500bhp!).
I think that 700hp can easily be withstaned by a supercharged LS3 or an LS9...
If someone knows better, please...

No plans on boost here; and once you've poked, stroked, and sleeved te block, LS2/3/7 becomes irrelevant.

Psychopath, I do admit I like the way you think!

10s and 12s have some great sounds, especially 12s. BMW 12s are pretty inexpensive to find (similar block to the McLaren F1). The Mercedes makes more power stock. But even a 300 hp stock V12 with miles on it out of a BMW 850 would give a 2100 pounds SLC plenty of kick. And the sound.... oh my.

Psychopath, I do admit I like the way you think!

10s and 12s have some great sounds, especially 12s. BMW 12s are pretty inexpensive to find (similar block to the McLaren F1). The Mercedes makes more power stock. But even a 300 hp stock V12 with miles on it out of a BMW 850 would give a 2100 pounds SLC plenty of kick. And the sound.... oh my.

That's right, thank you!

I found some info about some LS's block weight:

LS1/LS6: 106lbs

LS2: 107lbs

LS3:/L92: 106lbs

LSX: 227lbs

LQ4 6.0: 209lbs!

396 BBC: 193lbs

Next up, I have a couple sets of LSx cylinder heads. All heads are fully assembled unless noted bare. Weight is per cylinder head.

LS1: 23lbs

LS1 Bare: 19lbs

Trick Flow 225cc: 27lbs

ETP 245cc: 38lbs

Triton 215cc: 24lbs

Triton 215cc bare: 20lbs

L92/LS3 CNC'd: 24lbs

The LSX is the heaviest of them all but, a standard 6.0 L iron block has 210 - 240 kPa tensile strength while the LSX has 280 kPa! (cast iron).

I think a complete LSX engine with turbo or whatever bolt on easily can reach (or surpass) 400 lbs. So the SL-C must weight - without the engine - 2000 or less, lbs. And if you add a full fuel tank...:eek:

I am a little obsessed:p::D with the weight, because i believe that its critical for the cars behavior. Less weight means easy stoping (no need for huge brakes) better grip (no need for massive weels and extraordinary springs/shocks and everything) better chassis rigidity and fuel consumption. All those things matter the most in a race and everyday use. In my opinion, better less weight than many hp (for the ideal hp/t).
An LS9 would do the job for me (639hp). Just give me a light chassis.

Those are my opinions, i am not trying to convice you EFNFAST. LSX is an exeptional engine. There are N/A projects that surpass 1000hp! These engines are lighter and they sound amazing. (not like a v10/v12 but they are great).
I would be glad to read everyones opinion.
Thank you!:)

Racing Beat's website..
Could you point me to the link with that, I couldn't find it.

There are quite a few people running around with p-port 20bs built in the lower price range making the same power and more.
In any case, after purchase of a used 20b engine, mainly for the e-shaft and thick 20b specific center housing (prohibitively expensive new and unnecessary), I could build that engine with all new parts and the specific RB parts along with all their in house engine services for 15k. Then again, if I had Mazda paying the bill, I could easily spend double what you posted :D Perhaps they included the Motech and every peripheral systems cost into the total...maybe they used their very high-end aluminum side housings too (+5k, easy).

That's right, thank you!

I found some info about some LS's block weight:

LS1/LS6: 106lbs

LS2: 107lbs

LS3:/L92: 106lbs

LSX: 227lbs

LQ4 6.0: 209lbs!

396 BBC: 193lbs

Next up, I have a couple sets of LSx cylinder heads. All heads are fully assembled unless noted bare. Weight is per cylinder head.

LS1: 23lbs

LS1 Bare: 19lbs

Trick Flow 225cc: 27lbs

ETP 245cc: 38lbs

Triton 215cc: 24lbs

Triton 215cc bare: 20lbs

L92/LS3 CNC'd: 24lbs

The LSX is the heaviest of them all but, a standard 6.0 L iron block has 210 - 240 kPa tensile strength while the LSX has 280 kPa! (cast iron).

I think a complete LSX engine with turbo or whatever bolt on easily can reach (or surpass) 400 lbs. So the SL-C must weight - without the engine - 2000 or less, lbs. And if you add a full fuel tank...:eek:

I am a little obsessed:p::D with the weight, because i believe that its critical for the cars behavior. Less weight means easy stoping (no need for huge brakes) better grip (no need for massive weels and extraordinary springs/shocks and everything) better chassis rigidity and fuel consumption. All those things matter the most in a race and everyday use. In my opinion, better less weight than many hp (for the ideal hp/t).
An LS9 would do the job for me (639hp). Just give me a light chassis.

Those are my opinions, i am not trying to convice you EFNFAST. LSX is an exeptional engine. There are N/A projects that surpass 1000hp! These engines are lighter and they sound amazing. (not like a v10/v12 but they are great).
I would be glad to read everyones opinion.
Thank you!:)

One thing to consider with an LSX, atleast with what people I've talked to have said, is they can have cooling problems due to the cast iron siamesing - supposedly they're good for a blast down the track, but it might be worriesome if you're doing a lot of highway driving speed. Again, no idea if this is true or not, just what several reputable engine builders have told me.

Back