Tell everyone every week that you are surviving this COVID19. Just add your name to the list once a week and each of us will know if you are alive.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you one and all. My problem emanates from a particular dye that was used, during the angio process last Thursday, to unblock the artery and the jump graft (the latter was put in in last December) both of which were blocked or about to be. This dye along with other pills I was having to use reduced my kidney function from the mid 70%s down to 33%. The latest result is 'slightly' positive in that the function on yesterdays test was back at 37%. Another full medical and Blood test on Thursday next and I hope it will be in the mid 40% region. It's no fun getting old.

Neil

Supporter
David, your problem reminds me of the incident that happened to John Horsman of GT40 fame. He was accidentally given two doses of dye traced which literally destroyed his kidneys, necessitating his going on dialysis. Fortunately, after a time a donor was found (in the middle of the night) and he was rushed to the hospital where he received a transplant. He recovered and was with us for a few more years after that. He passed away earlier this year from an unrelated illness. RIP, John.

Best of luck for a recovery, David.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Doug S.....still alive and kicking
Wishing the best to those who are fighting this terrible scourge!!!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I’ll second that!! So glad to see you’re still hanging in there, seems there are quite a few who did not fare so well.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Covid not so good for my wife. We where loading the car for a trip south, 1000 miles. For her to see and visit her mom for a week and I was to take delivery of a new Africa Twin and had 10 days to ride home and tour. Well she saw a mouse, panicked, tripped and broke her hip bad. Now she has a new one and I am molly maid. Installed a high rise toilet, wheel chair access and a stair chair. I know now a woman's work is never done, cooking, cleaning and laundry. Worst of all my new bike is still in Vancouver calling me.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry to hear that Bill... Hopefully the missus will be 100% soon!

Back