Tornado TS40 #875

ALMS it is mate, it will be waiting at the will call booth!

This weather this weekend was freaking amazing....did you go for a blast in the Essex Wire GTD?

I bet those 48 IDF's ran great this weekend:thumbsup:

S

Hi Scott
nicely done wraping of the headers and collectors. Plan to do the same on my car.
What width wrap did you use ( 1" or 2"). How many feed did you need ?

THanks
TOM

Tom,

Three 50 ft rolls of 2 inch wrap.

One 50 ft roll will do 4 (Tornado) primary pipes.

The third roll was to finish the collectors. I bought a 50 ft roll for that because that's all the speed shop had on the rack at the time. You could probably do a set with 125 feet.

Get it wet first and be prepared for lots of ceramic dust until they heat cycle several times.

I used Thermo Tec brand wrap and it definately lowers temps under the rear clip.

S

My 6AL4V Ti drive shaft blanks showed up today.

Off to the hob cutter tomorrow.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 549
Too bad its raining this morning....

Some video on youtube also click on the google link below;

Google

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 756
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Went out today and went for a 45 minute ride in the twisties with the megaphones wide open...what a sound :shocked:.

Interestingly enough they are not that loud unless you put your foot deep into it.

My friends 498 ci BBC with 50 series Flowmasters and 2.5 inch pipes is actually louder around town.

When I pulled into the driveway and took these pics I noticed something strange.

I cant believe I forgot to put it back on, I must have a Guardian Angel looking out for me....

The slip in megaphone inserts will be done and available in a week or so.

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,927
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 771

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Don't wory Scott, it's only the rear one. By the sound of it, I don't believe anyone would have come up behind you to read it. ;) :pepper:

Scott, Forgive my laziness but did you state where you purchased the megaphone inserts from and their cost? I too am thinking of going the same route with mine. BTW you and I must be having the same dream. My car is painted identical to yours even down to the the black stripes. Mine is a CAV car with a 347 and 44IDF's. It goes without saying I love your car.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Scott, I checked out the link to new items.

I notice there was a steel mono chassis.....looks like the spider is steel, too.

Is that correct? I see a lot of people on here wishing they could buy steel spiders....

Doug

Thanks Scott. There's some very nice gear on that list. Many things took my fancy. Didn't see the inserts for the pipes. I'm very interested in the mega pipes and inserts. What will I be looking at?

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I agree on the sound - it is not as loud as one would think.

I do notice that I tend to drive a lot slower when running straight pipes - trying to keep the noise level down I guess!

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Doug

The steel Mono was from 1994 and is not available any longer. The roof was still GRP.

Our Monos are now either Aluminium or Carbon Fibre with a GRP roof section as announced recently in the Manufacturers sub forum.

Pricing for the Megaphones is to be confirmed.

Thanks

Andy

Back