"Vigilante 6.0 Vengeance" project

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Got my RS4 sepeedometer cluster! Dealt with Richard, audi rs4 dash cluster clocks B7 | eBay on ebay.co.uk

Helluva nice guy and as prompt as they get. Wish everyone worked that efficient! Here is a pic. It is in mph and the km/hr in red on inside. Although I would of preferred it the other way round.... I'm happy! :)

Attachments

• My RS4 - Speedometer.jpg
    My RS4 - Speedometer.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 316

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Jackel,

How's things coming? Have you run out of putty yet?

best regards, Doug

Hehehehe...... Just got a new supply. Sorry for not posting bro. I am busy with some fine tuning here. My ribs are a bit obsolete because I cut them for the side vents.... So..... getting the left and right side right is taking it's time. we are busy every day. Good news are we are just about there. Will take some photos soon... promise!

Jackal,

Glad to hear you are still making putty into dust. Nice weather is finally coming to northern USA; are things cooling down by you? Maybe thats better for working.

--- Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Jackal,

Glad to hear you are still making putty into dust. Nice weather is finally coming to northern USA; are things cooling down by you? Maybe thats better for working.

--- Doug

So far still nice wheather but it is raining today. Was going to take the care out of the garage on Saturday. We'll see if wheather permits it. Then I will take some photos again. Unfortunately my chassis hasn't come though for me yet. That was the whole idea, while I battle away on the plug, progress should of been made on the chassis with suspension, running gear etc.

That way I could fast track a bit. I will have to go and chat to the chassis guy.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
damn what a mission to get registered on this site..pweew I`m in, no I can chase your arse a bit

Welcome Johan. :thumbsup:

Johan will be the second Vigi owner and he might be lining up a third owner too. The 3rd person I've been told by Johan built a GT40 and he has a couple of other cars as well and here I am scratching my head and still battling away at the mold.

As far as the mold goes. Remember I made the car narrower at the back recently and came to the realization that the front was too wide as well, so I'm on that now. If neighbours thought the dust was bad in the past...... :laugh:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi guys. Been a while. A couple of changes but full steam ahead. Again it is a one man band as I let my help go in no uncertain terms. Unfortunately if you do build your dream it most definately isn't othets' dream too necessarily. progress is back on track though because it is me and myself again. So back was narrowed. I did the fronts now. I'm on the vents now. I did in two evenings whst would of taken my help 2 weeks. So I am pretty pissed.

Except for that. I had a 'person' brake into my 12 years room through his window. Luckily it is holidays and both boys slept in the tv room.... 01:30 my 5 dogs realized there was an unwanted guest in the house and charged down the passageway with what sounded like the end of the World.

The mf managed to escape through the window. My wife and myself got up and I took my 9mm and searched the house. I then yard checked, the garage and went into the street. Nothing. Gone. I got in my van and searched the neighborhood for an hour, nothing. Anyway we had no sleep for the rest of the night. Not long ago a neighbor got stabbed in his bed. (unfortunately not the one complaining about my project) he was ok though stabbed in the neck. Anyway. They like 2am to 3am so I have set my alarm and I have my Vector SP1 with a 23 hollow point Desperados mag ready for the mf. you do not break into my house and potentially threaten my kids you mf previously disadvantaged black affirmative action prick. FU.

Back to the Vigi. Bought Audi S4 recaro seats today. A good price and picking it up tomorrow. That made me feel slighly better today. I did promise pics earlier. I hsvr been tsking pics snd they will reveal what had been happening. All in due time.

Sorry if there are spelling mistakes. S2 Galaxy isn't the ideal communicator.

Hi Jackal

I know we are pulling the topic from your build, but I live not far from Paarl on a farm and we have had similar issues over the years with break-ins. We had at least one break-in a month on the farm at one stage. My dad got us rottweilers. I must have been around 13 and my sis 11 when we got our first one. Our alarm didn't deter the criminals, but nobody has come near the house since we got the dogs. They only break into the stables now, its too far for the dogs to be of any use. A black dog is an awesome deterrent and I would recommend a rottweiler as a very lovable and protective pet.

Hope you and the family stay safe.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Pete. Where about is your farm? You into building cars too?

About the Rotties. Yeah mate they are nice but the other 5 dogs here won't like the idea too much :)

The burglaries and more specific violent burglaries seem to occur almost daily. Did you see in the Paarl Post how robberies in Lady Grey Street is now a daily occurrence..... Then in Wellington the 70 year old husband and wife tied up and strangled. Another family being held hostage by gun point while while their comrades went to the autotellers and drew daily limits on all the families cards.

I guess what I am complaining about the poor Jo'burg guys have been dealing with for years and years now.

What a crying shame that things have become so screwed up. A long time ago (late 60's early 70's) I lived in the old Picardi Hotel in Paarl and in a rented house in Stellenbosch, just across the street from the DeVitts. We loved it and enjoyed the friendly life style. My kids spent a semester at Paul Roos school and earned a little Afrikanse. About the only thing we did was lock the house when we went away for a couple of days and stayed out of District 6. In a year and a half I never had any problem. I was on loan to H.G. Molenaar Pty. Ltd. while we set up a repair and service depot in a joint venture with them to take care of equipment that we supplied to the peach canners in the surrounding area. I liked Paarl so much that I almost bought a home in the Cortrai Estates near Paarl Rock. Sure hope things improve for you guys and that life gets back to a normal state.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
H.G. Molenaar i around the corner fro me. I am in Nother Paarl My parents stay in Courtrai. and my primary school was Courtraibprimary where both my boys go to. Paarl is truly a beautiful place but having lived here my whole life things have definately spiralled out of control. Even in Courtrai Estate alot of burglaries have occurred lately. We have a little place in Franskraal as well. (holiday house) Noy long ago they broke in there as well and left a mess. They even shit on the floors and made an open fire in the kitchen next to the stove. Oh well.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
H.G. Molenaar i around the corner fro me. I am in Nother Paarl My parents stay in Courtrai. and my primary school was Courtrai primary where both my boys go to. Paarl is truly a beautiful place but having lived here my whole life things have definately spiralled out of control. Even in Courtrai Estate alot of burglaries have occurred lately. We have a little place in Franskraal as well. (holiday house) Noy long ago they broke in there as well and left a mess. They even shit on the floors and made an open fire in the kitchen next to the stove. Oh well.

I live on a farm in Klipheuwel. I am just getting into building cars. Have always wanted to do one from scratch, that's how I found this thread. I recently got myself an old pipe car that needs to be built up, but the weather has been so cold its been a little difficult to motivate myself into the garage.

They actually tried to steal our borehole pump this week. Smashed it to pieces trying to get any copper wire.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
I know Klipheuwel area well. You must pop in sometime and I will show you what I am doing in person.

That sounds like a great plan. I would love to see your work first hand.

I just want to make sure you aren't looking for a replacement crew...

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Been a while since I posted but did have a set back with the car because of width reduction front and rear. here is some photos of what I have been through.....

Last photo is of my Audi S4 electric seats I recently bought. Going to be a tight fit...

Attachments

• 2013-06-12 17.33.15.jpg
    2013-06-12 17.33.15.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 304
  • 2013-06-12 18.07.53.jpg
    2013-06-12 18.07.53.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 2013-06-13 16.37.37.jpg
    2013-06-13 16.37.37.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 2013-06-13 17.16.09.jpg
    2013-06-13 17.16.09.jpg