What's your Daily Driver?

2004 Chev Surburban. Totes around 4 unruly kids and their crap. Major mom-my-ride situation.

2004 Merc S500. Fast car, drives great, very expensive car to buy ($80K) but really well engineered. 5.0 all alloy V8, twin plugs, 4 valve heads, really moves out above 100mph.

Attachments

• suburban.jpg
    suburban.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 193
  • mercedes s500.jpg
    mercedes s500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 205

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
2001 Subaru Forester - 225,000 miles and like new. Love my little toaster.

Attachments

• Clean Forester engine.jpg
    Clean Forester engine.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 208
Nick,

I have long had my eye on an EVO, what do you think about it?

Tell us more about your Brough Superior. A classy looking ride.

Jim,

Love the EVO 5, to quote Jeremy Clarkson, a car for all seasons, four doors, big boot and very quick. She has been remapped to 350hp, bit lumpy for the first couple of miles then great. Bit heavy on fuel for us Brits (24 mpg of boost) but I don’t do many miles. Managed to get her on a classic car policy so cheap to insure.

I believe the later ones from EVO 7 onwards are a bit softer but I have no experience of them.

To plagiarise Ron Scarboro “the car is a blast to drive, but its limits are so far beyond mine”.

As for the Brough, she is a 1935 Brough Superior 8 cylinder Drophead Coupe.

Brough Superiors were the brain-child of George Brough of motorcycle fame, commonly known and advertised as the Rolls Royce of Motorcycle fame, probably the only manufacturer that Rolls Royce tolerated being associated with their name.

They also used the Hudson engine and chassis, with the coachbuilding by W. C. Atcherley. The initial first 25 used the 8-cylinder engine, but later ones used the 6.

Well, in the winter, this is my usual mode of transport:

0.jpg

And outside of winter it's this:

Attachments

• bmw_850_69.jpg
    bmw_850_69.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 235
My daily driver:
BMW 645 (lots of mods)
IMG_0137.jpg

DSC_4344.jpg

DSC_6781.jpg

The other toy next to the GT:
KTM SuperDuke
_MG_7600.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Other:
Kart Birel Rotax Max
Mini Cooper S convertible (wife)

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I'm happy to see that there are other Mercedes Benz fanciers on this forum. I just looked at a 500E in New Orleans that I am going to adopt. I like MB performance cars, although the new ones have so many computers in them that they are a lot smarter than I am....
If anyone has photos of older MB cars that they have, I'd like to see them...

My daily driver, well its more my weekly driver cause I don't drive that much...anyways, my so called daily driver is,

the one and only ever made Hartge Z3 coupe 5.0, its not a BMW though based on a Z3 M coupe, its a genuine one off also with hartge chassiscode.

it does not look very special, but knowing it was herbert hartge's personal car and they only made one...and the engine is the same state tune as the Ascari Ecosse (last 3 of them with this Hartge 5.0 V8) its pretty rare ;-)
but most importand, its a good all rounder and fun to drive, also lovely sound.

hartge5.jpg

this picture when it was new and stil with hartge used on their websites

hartge1w.jpg

here am I behind the wheel when I had it some years later

hartgez3coupe50v86speed.jpg

its ass

mpn0918copy.jpg

the engine (looks bigger then it is cause of the plastic cover.

radiateurnunieuwehartgeps7.jpg

the sound? here is a short video I found on the web when somebody spotted me...

YouTube - z3 hartge

fun :thumbsup:

A very practical 1995 Chevy Silverado extended cab. Freshened 302 with throttle body. Will run forever. Just did a respray on her too.

Thought I'd show my other good weather driver to you car nuts. It's a 1912 20 HP Stanley Steamer. If you've never been in a steam car under power don't miss the chance to ride in one, you won't believe the power of steam!

Attachments

• 12 steamer shine.jpg
    12 steamer shine.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 12 steamer steam.jpg
    12 steamer steam.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 195

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thought I'd show my other good weather driver to you car nuts. It's a 1912 20 HP Stanley Steamer. If you've never been in a steam car under power don't miss the chance to ride in one, you won't believe the power of steam!

I am so jealous. I would love one of those. Speed limited only by the ability of the driver and the chassis to stay together,

Your car sounds great and really moves!
thanks Eric, its always a pleasure to drive this car, and that 5.0 Hartge engine is very smooth and revs very linear/nice.
420hp and 520nm torque I can get 310km/h on the tacho and from 100km/h to 200km/h it can do in just 8.2sec
also when you drive say constant 160 or so you still can do a conversation, only when you floor it then that sound comes louder but thats a good thing, it never irritate so to speak.

@Bill, wow what a nice car, love that color combo wheels/carros,
and a steamcar, zero emission from the steam...only to fire the kettle will not be so zero emission I guess?

Weather permitting one of these 2 The S3t stays home on iffy days as I have the top kit for the Cobra just incase. If it's like today , Snowwwwing like He!!!!!!!!! The Explorer or F250 4X4

Attachments

• corbaebay008.JPG
    corbaebay008.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Picture Buell S3T.jpg
    Picture Buell S3T.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 163
@GTRene
That looks like a lot of fun!
Damn those Dutch roads.........
thanks, It is, but as you say its not so free on the Dutch roads, though Germany and some of their speedlimit free autobahn is just 40<>50km away if you want to go legaly fast that is.
but every time you hit the pedal its also fun, and with our Dutch carforum we also do trackdays and roadtrips, so its ok.
The car is also for sale, I own it now more then 4 years, but if I want to try another car it sadly have to go...but it takes time to sell, its pricy for those who think its just a BMW Z3 M coupe with a V8, wich it is not, but since most people say when they sell their car, its unique and and or a one off and or a real Hartge (wich all are not) most think mine is also such car...but mine is a real Hartge and they really only made one ever, and it comes with a story and all documents etc.

anyway, as long as I still own it (if it takes long to sell), it will still be fun with this fine car.

26xs0.jpg

Bill, what a cool car. Have any videos? I would love to hear your pull down the road.

Kevin

Back