ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Chris is doing the right thing. He is employing the services of a well established maker of gearboxes which see some extremely hard useage with a great deal of success and reliability. Quaife know what they are doing.
The box will fit any GT40 and has the ZF external dimensions which will suit many chassis. This is what we have needed for many years. Those of us who run Renault based boxes will be glad to get a box which will allow a powerful torquey motors without the need for endless expensive upgrades with still questionable reliability. I appreciate that Wanni has a lot of knowledge regarding this subject but would be happier if he kept his input to making more positive comments which everyone would find more helpful.
Incidentally my order is the first one in the ever lengthening queue for this new gearbox which I am sure will be well designed and built and be a great success.
Mike Pass

Just open your eyes and try to understand between the lines the sense of my words. I have the right sense of humor for declaring all the items of my bits.
What's so secret for not replying to direct uestions? Which synchronisation system are you using.......is this covering a fake????
I am using a 76mm synchro system for T906S/H and a 94mm synchro system for T1257DCT.
Ciao

Hey Wanni

I notice your boxes are T906 T1257

How come you havent called any of your gearboxes a T1000 like the terminator, you and him seem to have a lot in common :dead:

Hey Wanni

I notice your boxes are T906 T1257

How come you havent called any of your gearboxes a T1000 like the terminator, you and him seem to have a lot in common :dead:

My friend, you make me smile about your semplicity.
Do you know about dialoging codes????
T = Transaxle
900 or 1250 = torque capability
6 or 7 = number of forward speeds
but you are missing:
H = H pattern
S = Sequential
P = Paddle shifting
DCT = dul clutch transmission

Are you terminated or should I send you the Governator of California????

I suppose I'm a pub engineer today. However I did serve a 5 year apprenticship (including design and development) in a transmission plant manufacturing final drives and gearboxes for the auto industry and like Chris have an HNC mech eng. I also have great faith in Quaife's long standing reputation. Ordering a box from them is like pre ordering a new Porsche or BMW site unseen - you know that it will be based on the culmination of many years experience and that you are not going to be disapointed. I have told Chris that ZFQ is the route I'm going down.

Language problems apart we have an interesting clash of Anglo Saxon and Latin culture me thinks.... (ho ho ho....) But isnt that how the GT 40 was born?

John

ps no offence! I frequently holiday in Tuscanny and like the Italians

Read what's follows.

Wanni Albertini

THE

After the drudgery of school, Wanni started to fulfil his ambitions in 1983 at Lamborghini as a production mechanic working on the construction of Countach rear axles, Countach gearboxes, Jalpa gearboxes, LM002 transfer cases, hydraulic transmissions for power boats with Lamborghini engines and the prototype and initial production of Diablo axles and gearboxes. After 6 years it was time to move on to pastures new.

Whilst moving from Sant’ Agata to Campogalliano was not very far, Wanni was almost immediately sent to the Porsche development centre at Weissach to gain further transmission development experience. The first project was the Bugatti EB110 – both the GT and SS models. Following the commencement of production, Wanni went to work on the development of the EB112 on the Schenck 4 wheel drive dynamic test bench.

In 1995 when Bugatti unfortunately went into liquidation, he was firstly employed by the Monaco Racing Team (MRT) for their IMSA & BPR programs. Following this he spent time in Athens as workshop manager of Trident Cars (the official importer and dealer of Maserati, Lotus, Lamborghini and Bugatti) for 8 months. In the meantime a new project was proposed by Peter Tutzer to Wanni; the development of a quadracycle for Iso Rivolta at the facilities of Foligno. The project was successfully completed in 2 years.

At the end of this project he went back to the powered automotive world, indeed the extreme sportscar environment. Initially developing for CIMA SpA, in collaboration with Pagani, a 6-speed transaxle transmission with 750 Nm torque capability. That initial project was completed in 2000 form when it has been continually refined and re-engineered and is now the specified transmission by over 12 manufacturers in the extreme sports car market.

Currently Wanni is working on the development of the following projects:

The sequential unit for the T750 series transmission; an upgrading to 1.000 Nm of this unit, the application of an active differential to this unit and as well on an innovative paddle shifting system with a “for life drive away unit”. All those mechatronic applications are made in collaboration with a new company part of GearFox Group, Automac Engineering, under the brand FoxMatic.
Hydraulic lifters or wings actuators or any other motorised or robotised automotive matters are now possible and/or available thank to that joint venture.

A dual clutch transmission working in collaboration with Hoerbiger, who manage the hydraulic and electronic aspects of this unit; A front wheel drive sequential gearbox for Diesel racing cars, with application across Petrol series, which has been started in collaboration with Alfa, primarily for the JTD CUP and now is going ahead with OPEL PERFORMANCE CENTER.

An automated, fast change motorcycle gear system and other interesting projects like an electronicly controlled CVT for hybrid and electric vehicles.

Wanni is available for consultations on all matters transmission and powertrain related. Just contact Gearfox for more details.

That's probably why Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ascari, Gumpert, Tramontana, Lotec and some more in testing now, have chosed the facts.

Probably there is something wrong in GearFox and I will tell you what......the company is too much focused on my personal experience.
This kills a bit the results. more or less like the greatest genious in transmissions for automotive applications.............

Mr ANTONOV

who is my target.

Wanni

Thread discipline?????
Do you not understand the rules????
Just get off my thread and blow your trumpet elsewhere.

Chris.

The letter below was sent to me by PM back in February and is the reason behind this constant abuse from Wanni.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS Fairplay
Chris,
never mind if you do not want to disclose informations, but believe that in my shop I have more or less 70-80 gearboxes dismounted just for check. Soon or later I will have yours as well.
My wish was to be a partner of youand not a competitor.
First of all, our 2 gearboxes are too different and do not meet the same applications.
My wish, in order I have a concrete knowledge about the market potential, was to integrate your box to mine in order to have a range of products.
I know many people uncapable to afford my box for theyr application.
If you think that Quaife is better, go to a mirror and ask yourself why they are installing none of theyr boxes as OEMs.
I do not want to spray shit against people who are working honestly for the life style they wish to live, but 1+1=2 everywhere in the world.
I am official OEM supplyer of:
Pagani who was using a RBT, Koenigsegg who was using a Quaife, Chrysler who was using a Ricardo, Apollo, Tramontana, Lotec, Ascari. Will be soon of Arbitrage cars ( check web ), 1 UK manufacturer starting now, 1 New Zealand manufacturer starting now and another US manufacturer who wants to upgrade his car.
If that Curriculum means nothing to you, better we are competitors. If that Curriculum as a potential value to you, I am at your complete disposal for commercial further strategies.
I am probably lucky or I have a superior knowledge in terms of marketing such a superficial goods for a high value.
Pls take note that Big Gearbox Manufacturers are offering to GearFox the possibility to market theyr box accepting to pay a considerable ammount to convert it from specific to flexible.
But I do not have any return in trying to convince you.
By refusing my collaboration, i will look for another one. As soon as I find a complementary article to mine, in order to make a range of products, who is with me have a great opportunity of success under GearFox brand, which is a reality at this stage.
Think about and advise. Privatly is better,
[email protected]
my mobile is +39 335 595 32 75
Ciao dalla bella Italia.
Wanni Albertini allias Albert Wannstein

Last edited:
Wanni

Thread discipline?????

Chris.

The letter below was sent to me by PM back in February and is the reason behind this constant abuse from Wanni.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS Fairplay
Chris,
never mind if you do not want to disclose informations, but believe that in my shop I have more or less 70-80 gearboxes dismounted just for check. Soon or later I will have yours as well.
My wish was to be a partner of youand not a competitor.
First of all, our 2 gearboxes are too different and do not meet the same applications.
My wish, in order I have a concrete knowledge about the market potential, was to integrate your box to mine in order to have a range of products.
I know many people uncapable to afford my box for theyr application.
If you think that Quaife is better, go to a mirror and ask yourself why they are installing none of theyr boxes as OEMs.
I do not want to spray shit against people who are working honestly for the life style they wish to live, but 1+1=2 everywhere in the world.
I am official OEM supplyer of:
Pagani who was using a RBT, Koenigsegg who was using a Quaife, Chrysler who was using a Ricardo, Apollo, Tramontana, Lotec, Ascari. Will be soon of Arbitrage cars ( check web ), 1 UK manufacturer starting now, 1 New Zealand manufacturer starting now and another US manufacturer who wants to upgrade his car.
If that Curriculum means nothing to you, better we are competitors. If that Curriculum as a potential value to you, I am at your complete disposal for commercial further strategies.
I am probably lucky or I have a superior knowledge in terms of marketing such a superficial goods for a high value.
Pls take note that Big Gearbox Manufacturers are offering to GearFox the possibility to market theyr box accepting to pay a considerable ammount to convert it from specific to flexible.
But I do not have any return in trying to convince you.
By refusing my collaboration, i will look for another one. As soon as I find a complementary article to mine, in order to make a range of products, who is with me have a great opportunity of success under GearFox brand, which is a reality at this stage.
Think about and advise. Privatly is better,
[email protected]
my mobile is +39 335 595 32 75
Ciao dalla bella Italia.
Wanni Albertini allias Albert Wannstein

I just replied to some questions. If who is asking is using the wrong thread, what can i do, my friend. Your own fans are pulling me out the replies.
To ask is allowed, to answer is politeness.
But I invite everybody to come in my thread.
Do not shoud to much because this is free advertisement, Chris.
Nobody made you so famous as you are now.
Ciao
Wanni

Wanni

Thread discipline?????

Chris.

I have just read all of this thread, great News Chris is there going to be a ZFQ at the Stoneleigh show ?? would love to one in the flesh... And wheres the Website Administrator when you need one. Sounds like This Wanni has gone to far if you ask me... Can we not have him struck off ??? theres friendly competition, but I think this is what's called unfriendly don't you...

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows,

This is ridiculous. The thread is about Chris' new transaxle development with Quaife. It isn't about other transaxles, it is about a ZFQ box that is a ZF replacement in GT40s. If you have questions about the ZFQ then certainly ask Chris.

If you want to stir a pot do it elsewhere. If you want to watch a train wreck, do it elsewhere because there won't be one on this thread or forum.

Ron

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hear, Hear!!

Good for you, Ron!

Here's to keeping the signal:noise ratio high.

Doug

Hello Chris,
I looked at your PDF of the new trans for an overall length measurment. And it looks to me the ZFQ will be about 2" longer than the RBT ZF. Am I correct?
Thanks for the info!

hi Kenny

The length is 569mm and the ZFDS25/2 in my workshop is the same the optional oil pump will add less than 50mm to this.

regards

Chris.

Hi Guys

I am pleased to confirm that we have just received a written order for 20, ZFQ transaxles from Dennis Oltoff of Oltoff Racing Inc.

I hope this news helps to reassure those SPF GT40 guys waiting for transaxles,

Regards

Chris Melia.

Chris:

That's great news and confirmed by Dennis Olthoff in a letter to me. As one who has an SPF Mk I arriving at Olthoff's in a couple of weeks, I'd be interested in learning when you expect to deliver the 20 units!

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim

We expect the first 20 production boxes to be built and ready for shipping in two to three months time.
Quaife have made the production of this transaxle a priority.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• 3-4_solid_2.jpg
    3-4_solid_2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,553
  • 3-4_outside.jpg
    3-4_outside.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back