1149 Mono Replica

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thats great progress Jim! I bet you are busting at the seams to get started on the assembly!
I'm very excited for you! Please let me know if you need any help in the future. I just got home from work for the last time from a job that I have had for 21 yrs! I am officially in business for myself now!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think this is going to start to feel like actually building a car, now, after lo these many years. The paint shop tells me that the car will be back to the assembly shop within a week, ready for the next phase- which is putting in all the electrical pieces and then running wire to them. I have to decide where everything is going to be located, so I have some choices to make about where it all ends up. And then some holes to drill, which will REALLY be frightening, as they are rather difficult to close up once put in.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Woohoo Jim! looks awesome. Is it going to stay a solid color or are you going to add stripes?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
No stripes at least for now. I may add some sill stripes later on. I may just leave it as is. It depends on how it looks all stitched together; I don't go in much for ornamentation on cars, but the car itself is pretty ornamental, isn't it, just from the shape we all know and love.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Progress report: almost done sanding and buffing and polishing the car. Might be back in the assembly shop late next week, with any luck at all. Assuming it doesn't rain, since I can't drive it (yet).

Next step, the huge stereo amp and speakers, and the 24" wheels that keep rotating after you stop.

(see, I told you no one was listening)

Progress report:

Next step, the huge stereo amp and speakers, and the 24" wheels that keep rotating after you stop.

You really, really, shouldnt have sniffed those paint thinners Jim........:heart:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Progress report: almost done sanding and buffing and polishing the car. Might be back in the assembly shop late next week, with any luck at all. Assuming it doesn't rain, since I can't drive it (yet).

Jim

Don't forget to also run the wires in for the under cill neon lights

I remember that stage on mine and it seems to take ages

IAn

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well, as long as I've spilled the beans on all this, I might as well fess up on the last thing we decided to add- hydraulics that make the car jump up and down. Yessir.

Here's why: since I couldn't have the fastest GT40, or the best looking GT40, or the most valuable GT40, and there are other GT40s that are taking even longer to build than mine (so I don't get the award for the longest GT40 build time, either) I decided to give myself the award for the "most pimped-out GT40". BIG stereo, neons, dubbs, AND the hydraulic lifts that make it jump. Very cool. Just call me Snoop Doggy Doc.

I'm pretty sure I am not going to have a lot of competition and that I am going to win going away in this category.

My only probably is that Ron McCall won't answer my emails any more....:(, but since I don't have an engine, it doesn't matter whether the ZF works, either.

Well, as long as I've spilled the beans on all this, I might as well fess up on the last thing we decided to add- hydraulics that make the car jump up and down. Yessir.

Here's why: since I couldn't have the fastest GT40, or the best looking GT40, or the most valuable GT40, and there are other GT40s that are taking even longer to build than mine (so I don't get the award for the longest GT40 build time, either) I decided to give myself the award for the "most pimped-out GT40". BIG stereo, neons, dubbs, AND the hydraulic lifts that make it jump. Very cool. Just call me Snoop Doggy Doc.

I'm pretty sure I am not going to have a lot of competition and that I am going to win going away in this category.

My only probably is that Ron McCall won't answer my emails any more....:(, but since I don't have an engine, it doesn't matter whether the ZF works, either.

I double dare you Jim!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,

But you do have an award you so humbly overlook, your recent award in the Guinness Book of World Record. I’ll go ahead and let everyone here know since your keeping it such a secret……

Not so long ago three Midgets were feeling the same way you were Jim, not having an award to attributed to themselves so they all made a trip to the office of Guinness Book of World Records. The first Midget went into the Guinness office and quickly returned happy with the “worlds smallest feet” award. The second midget went in and triumphantly returned with the “worlds smallest hands” award. The third midget, not to be out done, decided to enter his little pecker in the record book. Upon returning from the office, obviously dejected (dragging his dick so to speak), his two pals asked why the sour face. He said “sorry guys, I failed to get in the Guinness Book of World Records for the smallest pecker”……he went on to say “who is this Jim Rosenthal anyway!!”

Back