Aussie RCR T70 capers

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Damn, I knew somebody would ask that soon --and I feel sooo inadequate, that I haven't a Go Pro yet ( my Granpa driving style could be incriminating evidence tho ) :laugh:

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well done Chris, I fully intended to drive up to Morgan Park and say hello today, but 40 in the shade stopped me. Next time. Congrats again.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Rd 2 done --we mixed it with sports sedans and trans Am cars ( 70s Camaros) --12 lap rolling starts of 2 groups half track delay
The sports sedans and trans am cars took off first and then us , after 3 laps the sports sedans would lap us then 3 more laps and we lapped the trans Ams and so on
The T70 went really well , only one small incident at turn one due to cold fresh tyres --matched times to the Porsches and Corvette
One of the Porsches totalled itself --same one that was involved in my incident this time last year --it was returned to the pit , one body shell with motor and gearbox intact then separately 4 wheels ,doors, front guards and splitter, the driver was AOK thankfully.
On to Lakeside raceway in a couple weeks

https://www.facebook.com/digitalrea...37215089766/10153460769344767/?type=1&theater

Chris when i get my box you may want to try it out, Jerico 4 speed CR dog in a transaxle.
are coming to lakeside on the 28th june meet if so ill catch up with you there.

cheers John

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Lakeside done --retired early due to failed CV --last lap of Saturdays events
The car loves this track as its fast and flowing but the driver was a bit of a chicken -- this time
11403110_871788819566914_9130795257571752921_n.jpg

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
CVs fixed --gear box rebuilt with new ratios for 3rd n 4th which seems to suit this combo just nicely and the local tracks
All tested OK
(930 Porsche trans 1-2 stock ratio, 3rd 1:1 and 4th .67 - diff 4.22:1)
Next track encounter in November

Hi Chris wheres the next meet mate, and ill get there for the first race this time just in case LOL.

kaspa

thanks mate i'll try and get out to QR and give some moral support.
bugger just checked dates and we'll be at the Noosa hill climb that weekend.

kaspa

First race for the new season done
Car behaved faultlessly all weekend but no podium from a couple Porsches and Mosler
Seems we need to invest in some wings / aero etc

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...032_446453742218760_2928481981931272880_o.jpg

Never mind aero just change the colour and all will be good. With the benefit of hindsight if I were you I would've just bought a ride in a Porsche cup car-- you know, arrive n drive , no hassles, and its already flush with working aero. If you cant beat em join em. But where's the fun in that Mrs Flatchat.

There's an echo in the room!!! :thumbsup:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
She's still performing reliable well -- a one dayer at the infamous Lakeside a couple of weeks ago --- still a bit nervous about 10 tenths at this track
Morgan Park just gone, managed a second (1st loser) to the mighty Mosler

Seen basking in the warm sun of a cold autumns day

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Back