Carbon GT mono

Urs

Supporter
The Body parts are screwed to the normal Body, which would Not be changed. Perhaps i should Do 2 different build logs, this One without this parts, and a fast and furious build Log. Sorry for that............:stunned:

Last edited:

Urs

Supporter
Hello Michel

What do you mean with a shame to ad carbonfibre in carbonfibre??
Or what dou you think, it deviates to? You can also write it as PM if you dont want to write it here.

Greetings from switzerland

Ouppps

Tom was able to write the worlds I was too shy to put there !!!
Urs why doing such alteration ? just for fun ot because of wheels arches too small for biggers wheels ?
it's really a shame to add carbon fiber into carbon fiber !!!! You did an excellent work and now seems to deviate to something so ....... apologise I can not write due to your so big expertise and amount of good work !!

But as usual it's your project and your own dream so respect !!

Dear Urs

one honest open word.
Up to post #273 i loved the car. Now its all gone.
Too fast and too furious for me. sorry !

TOM

I must agree^^

I check this thread at least once a week, just out of facination of the incredable GT40 you are building. I even liked that you are planning to paint her, vs leaving all the CF exposed. I find it hard to beleive I am being critical of the direction you are taking this project. Just don't like the 'tuner' look of the flares and fround affects.

Sometime 'more' is not 'better'...... its just more.

Still an awsome project. Much respect for this!!

Urs

Supporter
Hello Mark
I could send you a carbon Chassis and you could do it without the bolt on parts ;)
From now i will beware of put in some Pictures, where this parts are visible, not to shock the GT40 shape Lovers more. ;)
We try it not only for cool look, we have a completely closed bottom on the car, and we want to channel the air under the car through the diffusor that we build. That will be only for the race track car.

We also put some green neon lights under the car.

Sorry Sorry Sorry again.

I must agree^^

I check this thread at least once a week, just out of facination of the incredable GT40 you are building. I even liked that you are planning to paint her, vs leaving all the CF exposed. I find it hard to beleive I am being critical of the direction you are taking this project. Just don't like the 'tuner' look of the flares and fround affects.

Sometime 'more' is not 'better'...... its just more.

Still an awsome project. Much respect for this!!

Green neon!....you're killing me URS. Like the others I really respect what you're doing with the CF but I'll wait to see the completed finished product before passing final judgement. Continued success in your build.

Urs.......Great project....nice to see something a bit different......

Gives me the "green light", to make some changes to the body work on my GT40.

I think the world has enough replicas with original-looking bodies. Good on Urs for doing something different for himself. It's not like he's hacking this together....everything he does is 100% quality. Whatever the final result looks like, it will assuredly be lovingly crafted and perfectly executed to his vision.

I love freedom!
It's your proyect feal free and do and creat just what you want.
We did put a "La cucaracha" song horn once on a 911RSR ;) at the track.
The Porsche freaks hated it we just had a lol looking at them.
2013! yes I do think that is posible to make the GT40 better..:lipsrsealed:

Urs

Supporter
Hello together .

For the old Style gt40 Lovers please Close your eyes now ;)

We took the first Body parts out of the molds.

Here some Pictures.

We have to cut the edges properly.

Attachments

• IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 857
  • IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 885
  • IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 901
Besides green lights under the car :laugh: I have to admit that concerning molds and parts you have an perfect know how :drunk:
May be I will need a pair of your flares to add to my 908 project :chug:

Urs

Supporter
Hello together.

Yesterday we laminated the front Spoiler. I think we form it out today.

We also started with the front break disk vent housing to.

I have a question about the periscopes on the rear for break Ventilation.

Does someone have a sideview of a periscope as a dxf?

Thanks for help.

greetings from switzerland.

Hi Urs

Your project is amazing....

I dont have a dfx pic, but I do have a pair of periscopes, Im happy to send you one, so you can copy it. and send it back to me when you have finished. They are very light, so it wont cost much to send it to you..

Mick

Urs

Supporter
Hello together.

@ Mick
Im very intresten at your offer :)
Could you send me a PM what do you Need for sending the scope and i would pre pay you the shipping costs.
Thank you

Now we took the front out of teh molds.
It fits not bad. :)

Greetings from switzerland

Attachments

• IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 814
  • IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 931
  • IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 705
  • IMAG0420.jpg
    IMAG0420.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 791
URS, that car is going to look wicked when seen coming down the road. CAV had a similar design front end to their GTR verison. You're also going to scrape gum off the road with that nose as ground clearance is going to be minimal. Do you have plans for raising and lowering the front of the car? Very nice.

Urs

Supporter
Hello

@ JimmyP
The front is fitted to the bottom of the car and the wheel arch part will go upwards when you rise the front.

@Mark
ääh let think about it short............ ääh no .to late ;)

greetings from switzerland

Wow I love the look of those flares....They would really suit some one doing a modern race care type build. Well done and keep up the great work.

Back