F1 2009

This maybe one of the scoring changes. Last night (MAR22) while watching SPEED TV, there was a discussion about a change Bernie had posted. The change was the driver with the most number 1 finishes is the drivers champion for the year. That means Massa would have won last year. Okay how about DNFs, unscheduled engine changes, and the other causes could change the outcome? Why have a point system at all if number 1 is the only one that counts. This is worse than NASCAR scoring for the drivers championship.
Grady
P2124

Malcolm

Supporter
Apparently Hamilton has been prescribed Anti Arrogance pills for 2009.
I thought it's what Big Ron wanted......
Arrogant pair of twonkers.........

Schuey went through a similar patch of critism and behaviour (plus odd FIA decisions) and came out still the best of his generation. Up to Lewis now to do the next bit.....

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete & I met at the F1GP track yesterday and will resume normal drinking duties today and during the weekend.
We'll post some photos of the Grid girls, bar girls (In the aptly named Pete's bar) amongst other things.
If ayone else is going to be there, PM me and we'll catch up during the weekend.
Cheers

Bill

Just started watching qualifying on the BBC in the UK.......and that music was worth the wait, 12 years and 'The Chain' is back on the telly..if only Murray Walker wasn't into his 80's, life would be back normal...and no loud Advert Breaks to interrupt my afternoon snooze between the first few and last few laps

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Just started watching qualifying on the BBC in the UK.......and that music was worth the wait, 12 years and 'The Chain' is back on the telly..if only Murray Walker wasn't into his 80's, life would be back normal...and no loud Advert Breaks to interrupt my afternoon snooze between the first few and last few laps

I am embarrassed to say that you arent the only one :eek:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I know - I didn't know that was a reason to not think he may win.

I realize that KERS is new technology to F1 - and carries an 80 lb weight penalty, but I also understand that he is starting the race some 40Kg lighter than his team mate......and gridded 10th or something.

HAMILTON WINS THE AUS GP. it is fairly certain the FIA will find a way of banning the Brawn and Toyota cars in appeal, Well done Brawn anyway, deserve the praise.

Malcolm

Supporter
It will be bad for F1 if the appeal DSQs the Brawn team. A good result for F1 for once. More overtaking for sure and you could see the KERS effect but if all teams run KERS at some point in the future will the overtaking remain? Action throughout the whole race also unusual. Kept me awake! The bigger gap in performance between the tyres is going to be interesting from now on. A little bit false for true racing but same rule for everyone there.

I am surprised that I find myself saying it was worth getting up early for (and with a radio controlled alarm clock, I got up at the right tme, phew!). I also think the BBC coverage was overall very good (in credits, music good but CGI bad) and once the new presenters gain more experience it should improve even more.

Back