Finally New RCR factory being completed

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Well after a long and tedious real estate transaction and a major remodel almost completed the new workshop floors are finally being epoxy coated..

The new facility is only 2 miles South on the same road as our current location, so anyone that has been here will have no trouble making their way back...

Our move will be in stages and we will be running both shops for a while to make it a smooth transition

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 715
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    505.6 KB · Views: 672
A lot of natural light also -- very nice. It's 24 degrees here and that's in the south-Virginia. I hope you guys have good heat!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fabulous Fran!!!!

Love the new digs! Office space and showroom space yet to be constructed?

Are you using Epoxy-Coat.com products? I did and they are great!!!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thank..

the new facility is 30,000sq/ft

That includes nice large showroom..special project/race build room..offices, conference room, seperate CNC fabrication area and then assembly space..(shown) etc ..

My lot is large enough to park around 150 cars which means we will be able to at least do a 1-2 shift while testing the race car....wink.

Fran, Fantastic upgrade. We shall expect just that much more from you from this point forth. No pressure though. And, not to make this a poilitcal issue (please no)but you're exactly what any administration wants as far as a small business goes. You didn't mention adding new employees. Are you? Is this upgrade an indication of things changing in the economy IYO? Lets face it, the types of cars you're producing sit somewhere between us common folk and the 1% ers. I'm glad to hear business is good for you. Many kudos to you and your staff and continued good fortune.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Jimmy,

we added more staff last year..

fultime parts/customer service guy..Darrin
New shop foreman...Kurt
Fabricator...Matt
CNC machinist.. Ric.
Assembly/fab.....Brandon
Assembly...David

With property prices where they are in Metro Detroit purchasing and refurbishing a building is not very different in cost to leasing...which we have done since day one.

We also do many other projects away from the hand built car industry , so having this space will allow us even more scope.
To survive the last few years means a business has to be able to diversify...and be fluid, which is exactly what I have been trying to do....

This industry has to be one of the hardest to survive in....not everyone can afford what any of us manufacture but most, if not all gearheads will go without food (but not beer) to buy the next part for their hotrod...I know I did many times...

One of the things I have not done is raise or change my prices in many years, even though raw material costs have gone through the roof ,we have also added extra content in many of the kits for no cost increase...I understand that everyone wants value for their dollar and manufacturing in the USA is not the cheapest or easiest but even to me being a Limey it is very important to support our own...

I live in Metro Detroit by choice and spend as many manufacturing dollars as I can in Michigan...its pretty important to me, as I am sure it is to many others on here...

Thanks from all of us at RCR for everyones support , we love what we do here and hope to continue for many more years

Congratulations Fran!!!

Ill be purchasing another RCR product! But, it'll be a couple years before that happens. :( In the mean time, I think Alex can keep you busy with 917s, gt40 mk iv's, and whatever else he can stuff a big block Ford in to.

Congratulations Fran for your new and so nice factory !!!
With all efforts you are doing in the kit industry I hope you will have more and more happy customers coming to you....
Until you will not go RCR personnaly in Racing stuff your company will prosperate happily ( racings cars are the only way to spend money for nothing !!!!there in Europe so many teams are bankrupt !!!!)
Quality of your kits is the best publicity you will ever have so keep on your good work !!!!
Bravo depuis la france !!

Until you will not go RCR personnaly in Racing stuff your company will prosperate happily ( racings cars are the only way to spend money for nothing !!!!there in Europe so many teams are bankrupt !!!!)

I think Michel means to say that as long as RCR doesn't field a race team, RCR will prosper, as racing burns money.

Too late, Michel! That horse has left the barn!

JR

Congrats on the new digs Fran. Talked to you before Christmas about a sequential transaxle from Sedev for a RCR 40 coupled to a SBF. How is the search going and would appreciate details . Thanks Ranger Jim

Fran once my Viper gets put up for sale and out the door an SLC will be ordered. Congrats and well done the new shop looks great.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice facility, Fran. When so many companies are leaving Michigan, it's good to see someone support their local economy. I assume it's not the weather that's keeping you there! I went to Hillsdale and MSU, so I'm partial to Michigan myself. Just not the bit around Ann Arbor.....

...I understand that everyone wants value for their dollar and manufacturing in the USA is not the cheapest or easiest but even to me being a Limey it is very important to support our own...

I live in Metro Detroit by choice and spend as many manufacturing dollars as I can in Michigan...its pretty important to me, as I am sure it is to many others on here...
/QUOTE]

Well said:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes Sadev.....the SLC will be equiped with them this year.

Hello Fran
Which model will you choice ?
we (at Pescarolo sport) used for many years Sadev products on "Peugeot 405 V6 silhouette" on French championship ; not bad stuff but I prefered Hewland ones ( smarter uk contacts !!!!!)
May be as they grow up contact is better -LOL- !!!

I don't see on the list of new hires a new model, if you're looking for suggestions, I'm going to go with THAT CANADIAN ONE again :D

Congrats Fran, well played!

P.S. Is any real estate transaction ever simple?

Back