GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Sure, open fire! It's always the answer. way better than here's my wallet or here's my VCR.

And unsecured guns in the house? Man I don't hope I read about your grandkids accidentallty shooting themselves or someone when they come across your ready to OPEN FIRE firearm on the coffee table.

Jiminy Crickets this is looney talk.

Jeff,

why would you or anyone leave a loaded gun on the coffee table that is just foolish talk.. My gun is holstered on my hip..

"Sure, open fire! It's always the answer. way better than here's my wallet or here's my VCR."

OPEN FIRE IS THE LAST OPTION.... HOW ABOUT DETAINING THE CRIMINAL TILL THE POLICE ARIVE???? IT IS BETTER THAN LETTING THEM GO SO THEY CAN ROB/HARM SOME ONE ELSE. DID THE POLICE EVER CATCH THE ROBBER AFTER YOU LET HIM GET AWAY?

FOR YOU OWN SAFETY, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER SELLING YOUR GUN. IT DOES NOT SEEM LIKE YOU COULD USE IT IF YOU HAD TO. IN THAT CASE, THE BAD GUY WOULD TAKE IT FROM YOU AND USE IT ON YOU. JUST REMEMBER, AN UNARMED CITIZEN IS A VICTUM, JUST LIKE YOU WERE.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You sure your name isn't Wyatt Earp?

Do you just assume all Americans have guns? Most of us don't. We play the odds that say Americans who do own guns are more likely to get shot than we are.

You're trigger happy. For the safety of your wife, your kids and your neighbors, you might want to consider giving up your gun.

And wait...you carry a gun on your hip all day every day? Seriously? What a way to live.

I'm still not convinced you aren't a Russian bot. English marginal. All caps. Weird positions. Just stirring up trouble.

Nice spin jeff.. Face it you let criminals go free... You the self proclaimed defender of justice.. I'm not talking to most americans, i'm talking to you.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Nice spin jeff.. Face it you let criminals go free... You the self proclaimed defender of justice.. I'm not talking to most americans, i'm talking to you.

LOL..."self proclaimed defender of justice." That's too much. Is that somewhere in the instruction book your handler Comrade Ilyvich gave you? lol

Most Americans are smart enough to not have guns. They increase the risk of getting shot, primarily because of attitudes like yours -- that a gun fight with a guy trying to steal your VCR is worth risking your wife's life over.

Rootin' Tootin' Open Firin' and Shootin'!

No....it is in your profile (defender of justice) not my words, yours.

So did the cops catch the bad guys after you let them go defender of justice????

Don't worry about my wife. She is trained to use a gun also..

And i did not say anything about shooting,, you did, again, nice spin.

So, you let the enemy break into you house and take your property. More then likely the will repeat the crime or worse, and the defender of justice pats himself on the back for doing a good job.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff posted "Do you just assume all Americans have guns? Most of us don't. We play the odds that say Americans who do own guns are more likely to get shot than we are."

Where do you get your facts? Do you make them up as you go. You can't include children under 18 (75 million), illegal immigrants (say 12 million minimum), convicts (2.5 million) and ex cons or adjudicated criminals who can not purchase a gun (60 million) in your so called fact that most Americans do not have or want guns. There are about 325 million people in the U.S. and 149.5 million of them do not have the right to own a gun, which leaves 175.5 million people who may have the right to own a gun. Let's say that of those people 50% are Republicans and 50% are Democrats, let's further assume that since Republicans are pro guns at a rate of 95% and Democrats are against guns at a rate of 60%, the math would indicate that 118.2 million people (who are legally allowed to own a firearm) want or have a firearm. To sum it up, most of us (U.S. citizens who are voting age and can legally own a firearm) have guns! Since there are well over 300 million guns in America with more guns being sold per year for the last 8 years it would look like your statement is incorrect. Now show us that liberal spin, maybe CNN can help you. :)

THE MILITARY HAS A NAME FOR A PERSON LIKE YOU (a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.) NOW THE ENTIRE FORUM KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE ...

YOU CROSSED THE LINE WHEN YOU SAID MY WIFES'S SAFETY IS IN DANGER BECAUSE I HAVE A GUN.. WATCH YOUR STEP.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
LOL...no means no stupid analogies. Rape has nothing to do with interpreting the militia clause in the 2nd Amendment.

It's hardly a "stupid analogy". The TOPIC was/IS; when does "no" MEAN "no".

It's already been established that you OBVIOUSLY believe "no" somehow CAN be interpreted as meaning "YES" as used in the 2nd Amend.

My question continues to be: Does "no" mean "no" in a rape situation, or is "no" ALSO open to "interpretation" in that circumstance as well and, as a result, 'can somehow be "interpreted" as meaning "yes" there as well? If it's NOT open to interpretation in that scenario - how is it that the "no" used in "no law infringing" somehow can be interpreted as meaning YES?

...nothing to do with interpreting the militia clause in the 2nd Amendment.

You're obfuscating again. The "militia clause" was N-O-T the focus. "NO LAW INFRINGING" was - and still IS. (BTW, as you well know, SCOTUS debunked the straw man "militia" interpretation years ago.)

Maybe I shouldn’t get involved, being in the UK, HOWEVER, I used to own a couple of guns a few years ago before Dunblane.
I used to shoot Police pistol disciplines at my local shooting club. After 5 years of shooting 1-2 evenings a week I was just starting to improve my scores when a madman with a gun killed 16 children and one adult. After that everything changed. I couldn’t imagine a scenario in which I or my pals at the club would argue to keep our guns. If you looked into the faces of those poor parents, how could you really make an argument for hanging on to them. Yes we had a “right” to own guns and it was taken away from us....and you know what? It wasn’t the end of the world, we survived. I’m not saying you guys in the US shouldn’t have guns ( it’ll be your children and Grandchildren who get to live in a country with fewer guns) but it just amazes me how important it is for you in the face of such overwhelming evidence of the violence and how bans actually work!
JMHO
Simon

Simon,
if here in the united states they ban guns, the bad guys will still have them.. Do you really think a criminal will turn in his gun???? Terrorist want guns banned and so do criminals. That way every neighborhood will be a gun free zone (soft target) good luck with your gun ban

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
THE MILITARY HAS A NAME FOR A PERSON LIKE YOU (a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.) NOW THE ENTIRE FORUM KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE ...

YOU CROSSED THE LINE WHEN YOU SAID MY WIFES'S SAFETY IS IN DANGER BECAUSE I HAVE A GUN.. WATCH YOUR STEP.

LOL, so now I'm a coward because I disagree with you on gun policy in the US? Nice job. I do plenty of dangerous and unpleasant things, I'm just not a loudmouth on the internet about them.

"Defender of Justice" - good grief man that was a joke. I'm an attorney. That was a riff on being an attorney, sarcastic really. Why do right wingers lack a sense of humor unless it is making fun of immigrants, women, the disabled, or their next bout of misognystic behavior?

You owning a gun, especially as you age and get less proficient with it and ESPECIALLY since you don't store it properly puts your wife at grave risk compared to if you didn't own one. That's not me crossing a line that's me stating a fact.
Study: Guns in home increase suicide, homicide risk - CBS News

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Millenials do not see the 2A like GenX and Boomers do.

ABSOLUTELY, Jeff! My children are Millenials and none of them have any interest in guns. During my stepson's adolescent years we went to the local creek and fired my guns...he was pleasantly surprised that the .22 did not kick hard, but did not like the .410 or the 12 gauge shotgun (my 38 pistol was made in the 1880s and I don't fire it for fear that it is not safe).

The bottom line is that as our society ages (and this SHOULD have been expected by the Founding Fathers {read on, Larry}, IF...and they say IF is the biggest word in the English Language... your position is that the FF's considered EVERY possibility (which would certainly include those whose complexity was far too complicated for them to have foreseen at the time and particularly those involving technological advances) was addressed by the work of the FF's, then you're too clear-off for me, dude! This blind obsession with the Founding Fathers has left you without the ability to reason if you really believe that!

I sincerely believe that those of my age (I'll be 70 before the New Year's fireworks light up the city skylines...and I'm proud to have survived my many "mishaps" for longer than anyone expected) will live long enough to see a significant gun ownership and use change. It will be brought about by today's younger individuals (who I admire very much for standing up against the NRA and the current government's "alliance" with the NRA), just as the duration of the Vietnam War was impacted by the younger individuals back in the 60s and 70s. Change is inevitable, change is good. Even the FF's would have had the good sense to recognize that...IF they were as smart as you think they were!

...but I doubt that...they were human, after all :idea:

Cheers to the younger generations for their interest in safety rather than blind adherence to an OLD, outdated 200+ year old idea that the only way we would be free is if we all have guns!

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff posted "Do you just assume all Americans have guns? Most of us don't. We play the odds that say Americans who do own guns are more likely to get shot than we are."

Where do you get your facts? Do you make them up as you go. You can't include children under 18 (75 million), illegal immigrants (say 12 million minimum), convicts (2.5 million) and ex cons or adjudicated criminals who can not purchase a gun (60 million) in your so called fact that most Americans do not have or want guns. There are about 325 million people in the U.S. and 149.5 million of them do not have the right to own a gun, which leaves 175.5 million people who may have the right to own a gun. Let's say that of those people 50% are Republicans and 50% are Democrats, let's further assume that since Republicans are pro guns at a rate of 95% and Democrats are against guns at a rate of 60%, the math would indicate that 118.2 million people (who are legally allowed to own a firearm) want or have a firearm. To sum it up, most of us (U.S. citizens who are voting age and can legally own a firearm) have guns! Since there are well over 300 million guns in America with more guns being sold per year for the last 8 years it would look like your statement is incorrect. Now show us that liberal spin, maybe CNN can help you. :)

I get my facts from actual polls and studies rather than just making crap up like you did.

Gallup did pretty thorough polling of the US population's attitudes and practices in regards to guns over many years. It's very interesting.

Go here:Guns | Gallup Historical Trends

Gun ownership peaked at 51% of households in the early 90s, dropped to 34% and is trending downward again to under 40% of households.

Personal ownership rates have hovered in the high 20s since 2000. So, basically, 70% of Americans don't own guns.

Damn dude, you are WRONG WRONG WRONG. Facts, they are important.

Now, it is true that there are 300 million guns in America. How do we reconcile that with the above figures?

Easily actually. And this is astounding: just 3% of Americans own ALMOST HALF -- 133 million -- of the guns. THREE PERCENT. Meaning some of you are nuts.

Just three percent of adults own half of America’s guns - The Washington Post

Glad to have educated you, glad you learned something. Gun owners, and in particular gun nutters, are in small minorities. And the rest of us think you are nuts. Might want ot educate yourself a bit before you post again.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, I'd like to thank you for making this gun issue it's own thread, separate from the general politics thread!

Cheers to you!

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Larry, does Bob get his bazooka or not?

That's the five time I've asked and you won't answer. Next time, I'll supply your answer for you, since we all know what it is.

"I'm just not a loudmouth on the internet about them."

YES YOUR ARE.....

"so now I'm a coward because I disagree with you on gun policy in the US"

NO, YOU ARE a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things BECAUSE YOUR ARE, NOT BECAUSE OF ME.

"Defender of Justice" - good grief man that was a joke." YOU VIEW YOUR PROFESSION AS A JOKE... NO SURPRISE THERE.

AND I GET TO THE GUN RANGE OFTEN, I CAN HANDLE A WEAPON. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back