GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry,

i agree with you. The bad guys will use anything to hurt of kill their victims.
Like run over them with a truck.. You are right, you can kill with a cerdit card.

If you're worried about the bad guys, then I'd move to California. Sun and surf baby!

And California hasn't fallen into the Pacific Ocean yet either. However, you would have to at least try to get along with our transgender population. :laugh:

Hey rod,, where ya been??

Hey Walt, I decided to stop posting here for about 2 weeks to see if the politics thread "fell off the face of the Earth" (disappeared) due to my absence. Lo and behold this gun thread started while I was gone and it's now 12 or 13 pages long. Wow!

Have you folks discussed the Constitution yet where it states that black people were considered 3/5ths or 60% of a person? Can you bleieve those Founding Fathers 231 years ago?

I'm happy that we the USA decided to pass the 14th Amendment to abolish that 3/5ths of person thing. There may come a time, WAY in the future, where the USA decides to amend the Constitution and severely restrict or eliminate gun ownership. Seems to work great in Australia.

Anyway, I agree, death to VCR (I don't think those are produced anymore) thieves. Hey, they used to hang horse thieves, didn't they.

And Walt, you can call me a "cupcake" anytime. I don't mind. True story, I actually have (own) a t-shirt that I often wear with a big cupcake on it. I'd be willing to bet that no one here would get the reference. :laugh:

Glad you are ok...the world sure has changed a lot in my life time. Years ago people did not lock their doos and left their keys in the car so they knew where they are. I pray i never have to use my gun, but if i do i will.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

He's right.

E.g.: When I was in grade school (1950s), I brought this-or-that gun to school for "show-and-tell"...unloaded of course. Likewise, in high school (early 1960s) there were a number of guys who drove their pickups to school daily during hunting season with rifles/shotguns secured on gun racks across their truck's rear windows (one of the teachers did as well)...and never, EVER was there a "gun incident" of any kind at any time. EVER. Back then no one would even think about doing any of the crap that's going on today. The worst "violence" that occurred back then was a very rare 'fist fight' that occasionally might happen in high school. Full disclosure: I got into one of those my own darned self.

What's changed? Exactly what Gov. Bevin outlined as well as a few other factors...not the least of which being widespread 'drug acceptance' and the violence drugs bring with them/create as a consequence of their use.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, what we need is more guns. And bigger more powerful ones too...

Where in that vid did the gov suggest that was the solution? What he SAID (and he was smack on) was that the view that more LAWS will end gun violence is "naïve and delusional".

History has PROVEN he's right.

Even the link you tout says: "... IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE CHANGE IN (not the 'end of') FIREARM DEATHS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE GUN LAW REFORMS"..."reforms", BTW, that would be 100% UNCONSTITUTIONAL here in the 'States".

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Do I believe that everybody should have AR-15s for home protection or even for sport? F*** NO. Most people do not know how to properly handle these weapons that own them.

Am I a gun nut? Nope. I know plenty that are, with collections expanding to 200-300 weapons. So what do we do to "stop" this?

Simple: You're NEVER (NEVER!!!) going to get the guns back. It may work on island nations like Australia, but it'll never happen here. So how do you handle it? Tax the ever living crap out of the ammo. (Need not worry, libs, I currently have around 20k+ rounds of ammo. That'll get me until the end of summer... maybe.) Thats the simplest way to do it....So taxing the ammunition is about the quickest way to deter gun sales.

No matter HOW you look at it, taxing guns/ammo out of the reach of ANYONE is clearly an "infringement" on that person's right to keep and bear.

"Equal protection under the law" and all that...

Nope. 'Unconstitutional. How? At some point outrageous taxes would prevent lower income people from buying ammo and thereby, in effect, render THEIR right to keep and bear null and void. How? Without ammo any gun(s) they might have would be useless...except as 'clubs' perhaps. ;)

No matter HOW you look at it, taxing guns/ammo out of the reach of ANYONE is clearly an "infringement" on that person's right to keep and bear.

Larry, Larry, Larry...I gotta call BS on this one!

So...the Constitution's 2A guarantees the right to gun ownership. Fine and dandy...but the 2A does not control our economy. So...say that something happened to drive the price of weapons and ammo up. There's nothing in the 2A about REQUIRING a legitimate merchant to make sure that everything (or, for that matter, ANYTHING) in his store is "affordable" to all private citizens. So...in the case presented here, if there were to be implemented further sales taxes that did prohibit a poor gun owner from being able to buy ammo, I can't see how that is against the law. The law did NOT require that everyone who wants a gun (or ammo for said gun) can buy whatever they want with whatever little money that they have...HELL NO!!!!! Your interpretation is, quite simply, plainly wrong.

Now, if the poor can talk their representatives into requiring everyone to have a gun, well, then we do have a problem.

The FF's may have ensured that everyone who wants to "possess and bear arms" may do so...but it did nothing to require that the price on those arms (or that ammo) be affordable.

Heaven help us if we get to the point that the government can mandate arms possession...I'd rather have NONE than HAVE TO own something I don't want and/or can't afford.

Yeah...to interpret this issue to include the entire idea that the 2A REQUIRES that arms be affordable to all is ludicrous, just plainly and simply ludicrous.

Cheers, Larry!

Doug

Last edited:
Where in that vid did the gov suggest that was the solution? What he SAID (and he was smack on) was that the view that more LAWS will end gun violence is "naïve and delusional".

History has PROVEN he's right.

Even the link you tout says: "... IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE CHANGE IN (not the 'end of') FIREARM DEATHS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE GUN LAW REFORMS"..."reforms", BTW, that would be 100% UNCONSTITUTIONAL here in the 'States".

Larry, Larry, Larry, because that's always the position of the NRA. We need more powerful guns.

And it must be just a coincidence that gun deaths have gone down in Australia. SHEER COINCIDENCE. :laugh: :shrug::rolleyes:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...So...in the case presented here, if there were to be implemented FURTHER SALES TAXES that DID PROHIBIT a poor gun owner from being able to buy ammo, I can't see how that is against the law.

TAXING ammo out of the reach of the average citizen would HARDLY qualify as a situation wherein "something happened to drive the price of weapons and ammo up" as a function of what's euphemistically referred to as the "free market". It'd be a TOTALLY AVOIDABLE, UNNECESSARY, PUNITIVE GOVERNMENT ACTION (TAX) having NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH the "free market" that would, by design, in affect, render many citizens' guns USELESS. And, as I previously mentioned, applying the favorite 'tool' of liberal judges - "interpretation" - such a tax WOULD "infringe" on the right to keep and bear...not to mention "equal protection under the law".

Heaven help us if we get to the point that the government can MANDATE arms possession...I'd rather have NONE than HAVE TO own something I don't want and/or can't afford.

...you mean like OBAMACARE????? 'Odd...I don't recall you screaming about the MANDITORY coverage THERE...the mandatory coverage MANY didn't want and couldn't afford.

Larry, Larry, Larry, because that's always the position of the NRA. We need more powerful guns.

'Link to any 'position' paper/statement/press release wherein the NRA ever made such a statement???

And it must be just a coincidence that gun deaths have gone down in Australia. SHEER COINCIDENCE. :laugh: :shrug::rolleyes:

One more time: ...the link you tout says: "... IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE CHANGE IN (not the 'end of') FIREARM DEATHS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE GUN LAW REFORMS"...

Last edited:
Rod,

show us where the nra said we need more powerful guns.. Really, where did they say that??????

Sounds like another lie.... You're nose is growing..

Walt, it was said tongue-in-cheek, but the mere fact that the NRA doesn't want to limit ANY sales of guns, assault weapons, bump stocks, etc., would lead me to believe that the NRA will STILL want no restrictions into the future, as weapons are getting more powerful/deadly.

TAXING ammo out of the reach of the average citizen would HARDLY qualify as a situation wherein "something happened to drive the price of weapons and ammo up" as a function of what's euphemistically referred to as the "free market". It'd be a TOTALLY AVOIDABLE, UNNECESSARY, PUNITIVE GOVERNMENT ACTION (TAX) having NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH the "free market" that would, by design, in affect, render many citizens' guns USELESS. And, as I previously mentioned, applying the favorite 'tool' of liberal judges - "interpretation" - such a tax WOULD "infringe" on the right to keep and bear...not to mention "equal protection under the law".

I said SHEER COINCIDENCE! :laugh:

In my mind, anyone that disagrees with the cause and effect of Australia's gun reforms/laws is being intellectually dishonest with themselves, assuming they had any intellect to start. :laugh:

...you mean like OBAMACARE????? 'Odd...I don't recall you screaming about the MANDITORY coverage THERE...the mandatory coverage MANY couldn't afford.

'Link to any 'position' paper/statement/press release wherein the NRA ever made such a statement???

One more time: ...the link you tout says: "... IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE CHANGE IN (not the 'end of') FIREARM DEATHS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE GUN LAW REFORMS"...[/QUOTE]

There's a "wave" coming and hopefully our society will begin to change when more women and people of color are elected to office and the good old boys/old white men in Congress now, retire, die, or are voted out of office.

I completely screwed up that post.

What I wanted to say, besides the last paragraph, was you;re being intellectually dishonest with yourself, if you don't think the gun reforms in Australia reduced gun deaths. By alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back