GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I realize that it’s difficult to hear all the bad news when the guy you voted for is malfunctioning.
And there’s Trump announcing yesterday he wants to take your guns.

Who's the "you" and "your" you're referring to? More unchecked antagonism.

Comrade President malfunctioned and said he’s after your guns. I’m assuming he’s malfunctioning because I can’t remember a President, especially a Republican, who said he was going to take away your guns without due process.

I just think, as Rex Tillerson called him, he’s an “F’ing Moron.”

Rod,

the prez said he would take the guns away from the nut jobs and the have due process.. Not without due process.. I expect them to knock on your door soon :)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome back to Randy...he has been missed during his absence!

Cheers!!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Comrade President malfunctioned and said he’s after your guns. I’m assuming he’s malfunctioning because I can’t remember a President, especially a Republican, who said he was going to take away your guns without due process.

Rod, I don't think he would actually do that, but he's not beneath saying he would if he thought it would make him look good.

He's all about glorifying himself, that's been obvious from the get-go.

Cheers!

Doug

Rod, I don't think he would actually do that, but he's not beneath saying he would if he thought it would make him look good.

He's all about glorifying himself, that's been obvious from the get-go.

Cheers!

Doug

Of course, he's not going to take people's guns away w/o due process. He says stupid things like that all the time. If Obama had said something dumb like that, then Congress would have impeached him about 10 minutes later, just like Tucker Carlson said last night.

The problem is that Comrade Trump is a "malfunctioning biological unit."

And while the chaos around the White House seems like fun to watch now, like some type of weird reality show, with people leaving for the exits in droves, what happens if we actually have some sort of calamity or diaster with all this chaos. We're screwed.

Just this morning, with EVERYTHING that's going on, with Mueller is closing in on him and his kids, he's tweeting about Alec Baldwin and Baldwin's Trump character on SNL. I'm mean, WTF?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Let's look at something else for a moment. The Delta thing in Georgia. It appears a company/business has made a marketing decision to discontinue discounts to a particular group, which is well within their rights. The fallout is that lawmakers in that state have taken legislative action to "punish" them for that decision (are taking this personally). In a country in which the Republican leadership touts minimal governmental influence in business, do you feel that our government should be allowed to brow-beat private business, and use their legislative power to influence/punish a legitimate legal private business that does not fall in line with the ideology of those in power? Is Putin's methodology and influence that far reaching in our country?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I have long maintained that Donald Trump is unfit to hold the office of POTUS and that an egregious error was committed by the Electoral College, one of whose responsibilities is to make certain that the individual they "elect" is qualified to hold the office of POTUS.

It's obvious to me that they screwed up...we should be able to hold their feet to the fire for that mistake, but how to do that? It seems they have the right to function without oversight, and now that Trump's true colors are starting to show it's too late.

Quoting Oliver and Hardy again, here..."What a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into..."!

...and yet, with all the low ratings Trump enjoys, and all the SNAFUs, and with all the lies, and with all the "cowardly" refusals to answer legitimate questions, etc., there are still individuals (even here on this forum) who sincerely believe that he has "...7 more years...".

We'll see...but I can't imagine it happening...in fact, I can't imagine him lasting through the first 4.

We'll see.....

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Is Putin's methodology and influence that far reaching in our country?

Terry, I think Putin has something on Trump...and Trump has become his puppet in order to avoid having that revealed. President Trump has refused to implement the Russian sanctions passed by congress and has continued to praise Putin, and it's obvious that there will not be an end to those practices anytime soon, if at all.

...oh, and let's not forget the business entanglements DT, jr has in Russia, and continues to promote despite being "constrained" by protocol as a member of President Trump's inner circle. When did using government resources to promote private business dealings become OK???

I firmly believe that he is right now in "collusion" with the Russians and that is the reason that he refuses to act in a manner that is best for our country. Trump isn't going to let any information that does not glorify him get out, if he has anything to say about it, and Putin can and will dictate what Trump can say about and do about the Russians. That's the nature of collusion.

How much more will it take for the Repubs to realize what's going on? He's their problem, and obviously by extension the problem of the entire USA in the eyes of the world.

I say send him to Russia and make them deal with him...

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
Let's look at something else for a moment. The Delta thing in Georgia. It appears a company/business has made a marketing decision to discontinue discounts to a particular group, which is well within their rights. The fallout is that lawmakers in that state have taken legislative action to "punish" them for that decision (are taking this personally). In a country in which the Republican leadership touts minimal governmental influence in business, do you feel that our government should be allowed to brow-beat private business, and use their legislative power to influence/punish a legitimate legal private business that does not fall in line with the ideology of those in power? Is Putin's methodology and influence that far reaching in our country?

One could argue that private businesses, like Delta, should not be receiving a tax break in the first place. Conservatives would call it "picking winners and losers" and free market economists don't like it. However, it does happen all the time, when state and local governments want to attract or keep businesses in their states and cities.

Governments can giveth and taketh away from businesses, but what's the long term effect? Well, Amazon is thinking about locating their 2nd HQ there in Georgia, and if I'm Jeff Bezos, then hey, I may strike Georgia off the list. That would he an ENORMOUS loss to GA. In fact, I would not locate in GA. And if I'm Delta and thinking of expanding operations, then hey, I may expand over in another state, which I would.

Both sides, business and government have to be prepared for the fallout from their decisions. I think GA took the short term approach and their long game is dumb.

Terry, I think Putin has something on Trump...and Trump has become his puppet in order to avoid having that revealed. President Trump has refused to implement the Russian sanctions passed by congress and has continued to praise Putin, and it's obvious that there will not be an end to those practices anytime soon, if at all.

...oh, and let's not forget the business entanglements DT, jr has in Russia, and continues to promote despite being "constrained" by protocol as a member of President Trump's inner circle. When did using government resources to promote private business dealings become OK???

I firmly believe that he is right now in "collusion" with the Russians and that is the reason that he refuses to act in a manner that is best for our country. Trump isn't going to let any information that does not glorify him get out, if he has anything to say about it, and Putin can and will dictate what Trump can say about and do about the Russians. That's the nature of collusion.

How much more will it take for the Repubs to realize what's going on? He's their problem, and obviously by extension the problem of the entire USA in the eyes of the world.

I say send him to Russia and make them deal with him...

Cheers!

Doug

Comrade Trump will be going down. The vultures are circling the almost "dead corpse", figuratively speaking. There's WAY too much evidence, with Gates, Manafort, Flynn, Papadopolous, the guy in CA, and the Dutch lawyer. Mueller must have a library full of documents that will eventually indict Kushner, Ivanka, Donnie Jr. and Comrade Trump for a whole list of crimes, including "conspiracy against the United States."

Mueller is a former Marine and he's a patriot. He's the last chance we have to protect our country.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Mueller must have a library full of documents that will eventually indict Kushner, Ivanka, Donnie Jr. and Comrade Trump for a whole list of crimes, including "conspiracy against the United States."

...and THAT is exactly the reason nepotism is prohibited! When family is involved, it's easy to think you can get away with things. Trump has always gotten away with things, but I don't think he'll get by with it this time.

...of course, he will still have pretty broad "pardon" powers, but can they be used before a conviction? I'm not sure if he could pardon someone before it was determined that they are convicted...doesn't seem like he could.

What a can of worms!

Doug

Remember, the pardon powers of the President only extend to Federal crimes, not State crimes. And I haven't heard anyone say he can pardon himself. He can try, but ultimately, the impeachment process supercedes a pardon of himself, if he tried.

Today is Friday and more chaos usually ensues Friday evenings. Who's going to resign next? Who's being fired next? Who's buying $31,000 of dining room furniture on the government's dime? More trade wars? More wife beaters being outed from the administration? Can't wait. :bash:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Jared Kushner seems to be becoming an anchor around Trump’s neck now. He’s using government resources to promote private family business issues. All nepotism aside, shouldn’t there be some sort of law against that?

Mueller LOVES lawbreakers...right???

It’s getting more and more interesting...in a sick, circus-like sort of way. Our narcisistic President can’t bring himself to stop the 3-ring action...in fact, I’d bet he’s encouraging it.

Keep it up, Jared...PLEASE!!! The buck stops on the desk of our POTUS.

I can imagine the conservative movement is beginning to see the writing on the wall...let’s hope they can read better than their self-avowed leader (whom many of us suspect may not be able to read, and at least who various political contacts say does not, even if he can. I suspect he gets his news from the FNN...which many of us believe stands for “FAKE News(?) Network).

Baldwin has him down pat, BTW!

Cheers!!

Doug

You know, in 3 years, he will still be President, you guys are going to be in a psych ward, babbling incoherently, drooling on each other. It takes a lot of energy to hate this much.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Haters gonna hate Al. They have nothing else...

The best antidote for all that negative energy? Winning!

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oas2l8MnyC0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back