GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The instant a "protest" switches from 'peaceful and orderly' to hooliganism - immediately confront the protestors with overwhelming force, arrest the violators, order the remaining "protestors" to disperse, and shut the whole thing down before it can develop into more serious law-breaking.

Protestors have the right to assemble & protest P-E-A-C-E-F-U-L-L-Y. They do NOT have the right to break the law (...unless, of course, their name is Clinton or they're buddies of the Clintons.) Once that tenant is violated, school's out..............or 'in' depending on how one chooses to view the LEOs response.

Speaking of crimes, the "Trump University" lawsuit begins this month!

75 Lawsuits Against President-Elect Trump - The Daily Beast

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
LOCK HIM UP!!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

It's OK, you can all join in....

Geez....this is fun....not very productive, but fun, none-the-less.

OK, all those on the right repeat after me:

LOCK HIM UP!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

...that was terrible...now for the left:

LOCK HIM UP!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

LOCK HIM UP!!

...what a sad effort, the right did it much better!

Cheers!

Doug

Just more propaganda. I like facts.

With 93% of the precincts:

Clinton 60,144,000
Trump 59,830,000

The Electoral college is remnant of an era where women couldn't vote and our Founding Fathers owned slaves. It's time for it to go. All other publicly held offices use a popular vote to elect our officials.

Like I said above, get on the repeal/amendment of 12A, and let us know how you get along.

Best of luck to you

What will you do when a simple majority of voters in your town decide your house should be torn down and a Mc Donald's built. That's in effect what you are asking for, mob rules.

I think you'll find direct democracy results in m

Like I said above, get on the repeal/amendment of 12A, and let us know how you get along.

Best of luck to you

What will you do when a simple majority of voters in your town decide your house should be torn down and a Mc Donald's built. That's in effect what you are asking for, mob rules.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Just more propaganda. I like facts...The Electoral college is remnant of an era where women couldn't vote and our Founding Fathers owned slaves. It's time for it to go. All other publicly held offices use a popular vote to elect our officials.

"Propaganda". Right. 'Amazing how only your side's "facts" are actually "facts", innit. (I take it you couldn't find a vid of a conservative "demonstration" wherein they were raising cane like your lib brethren, huh. 'Nuthur lil' inconvenient "fact" about 'the other side' that hasta be ignored...)

Anyway, you might want to contact your congressman/senator(s) and tell 'em you want 'em to start the ball rolling on a constitutional amendment that'll put an end to the 'College. Who knows, one or more of 'em might run with it.

"Propaganda". Right. 'Amazing how only your side's "facts" are actually "facts", innit. (I take it you couldn't find a vid of a conservative "demonstration" wherein they were raising cane like your lib brethren, huh. 'Nuthur lil' inconvenient "fact" about 'the other side' that hasta be ignored...)

Anyway, you might want to contact your congressman/senator(s) and tell 'em you want 'em to start the ball rolling on a constitutional amendment that'll put an end to the 'College. Who knows, one or more of 'em might run with it.

You've definitely been indoctrinated and are drinking the "red" Kool-Aid. No Kool-Aid for me, either red or blue.

The right must feel they have to hide when they protest, say, like burning a church in Mississippi and writing "Vote Trump:

Mississippi black church burned, vandalized with

As for "my side," I'm neither a Republican or Democrat. Heck, I may not even be a registered voter or even a citizen. :thumbsup:

That popular vote is just getting better for Clinton:

Clinton 60,214,000
Trump 59,878,000

Just in case you wanted to mark your calendar, Trump's federal fraud case in San Diego goes to trial on 11/28.

Best of luck to you

I think you'll find direct democracy results in m

First, you never know about that repeal/amendment thing. We've never had someone like Trump before. Let's wait and see. :thumbsup:

As for my house being torn down, where and when do I sign up?

Actually, it's called eminent domain. Municipalities have been doing it for years. There's obviously a process. But ultimately, if you lose, you get appraisals and are paid market value for your home. If not, you sue. It's just real estate.

And "mob rules" works for electing local, state and federal officials as well as local and state propositions. There's school boards too! And if they're contested, we have courts. Famously in CA, back in '94, Prop. 187 (anti-immigration) was passed by the voters, appealed, repealed, parts struck down by the court and/or considered unenforceable. That's how it works.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
14993509_1812507282300512_2461731526775986948_n.jpg

15032664_1431863823509529_6743562415143205371_n.jpg

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I thought those were Republicans, Mike...don't see any of them wearing a Scarlet D on their shoulder.

Cheers!!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The right must feel they have to hide when they protest, say, like burning a church in Mississippi and writing "Vote Trump:

Mississippi black church burned, vandalized with

From the vid: "No one has yet been identified as a suspect in the Greenville church fire, and no surveillance footage is available."

And yet you're quick to imply a Trump supporter or supporters did it. Swell. May I remind you that it's been demonstrated that it's not beneath the DNC to hire 'dirty tricks' people?

You're attempting to do what the Democrats and major media tried to do when they tried to pin the blame for the attack on Gabby Giffords on the tea party movement and conservatives like Sarah Palin, despite the fact that the shooter was both deranged and fascinated by LEFT-WING politics.

'Still haven't come up with that video, have you. (And you won't. There IS none.)

I see no point in continuing this back-and-forth. So, I'm done with it...

Just more propaganda. I like facts.

With 93% of the precincts:

Clinton 60,144,000
Trump 59,830,000

The Electoral college is remnant of an era where women couldn't vote and our Founding Fathers owned slaves. It's time for it to go. All other publicly held offices use a popular vote to elect our officials.

Yep, those are facts. Unfortunately those facts are irrelevant for the race, it is like counting the number of yards rushed in football rather than touchdowns. I know you know this and I don't mean to come off as sarcastic or mean (sometimes intentions are masked when only text is viewed) but that was not the race.

There are a lot of things that are remnant of an older era such as still using paper to vote, voting on Tuesdays, only having two parties that require you to accept a party that can often have such diverging views which you don't agree with, etc... unfortunately that is the deal right now. Clinton ran a race, she got votes where she didn't need them, and she lost the real race.

Personally I am still in a bit of shock how this all went down but it will be an interesting few years, at least the first 12 months. It was nice to see today that the existing President treated the Elect with respect and the respect that was passed the other way.

I sure hope things settle down and we can get away from this hatred of Blue vs Red, both in this country and on this forum... I find both sides have some great views and both sides have some terrible scary views but the awful names people spew at each other don't really seem to move the country along.

Kevin

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Barack Hussein Obama, to the House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Barack Hussein Obama, to the House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

Which is true.

The Republican response was "we want to see you fail, and we'll do everything to ensure that."

So I'm sure you'll be 100% on board with the Democrats doing everything they can to stop everything Trump and his new puppeteers intend to do, especially after 2018 and the Democrats reclaim both houses of Congress.

This man is talking about putting Sarah Palin on his cabinet. I hope he does. I really do. He'll see a mid term backlash in 2018 that will top any of the last 30 years.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Clinton is likely to end up 1 million votes ahead in the popular vote.

As I said above, I accept the results of the election under the rules we have used for years.

What the gloating-racist-xenophobe-proignorance crowd needs to understand is that over half the voting populace disagrees with them. Either work with them, or choose not to, and see 2 years of stalemate followed by a overwhelming repudiation of Trumpism in 2018.

You heard it hear first.

From the vid: "No one has yet been identified as a suspect in the Greenville church fire, and no surveillance footage is available."

And yet you're quick to imply a Trump supporter or supporters did it. Swell. May I remind you that it's been demonstrated that it's not beneath the DNC to hire 'dirty tricks' people?

You're attempting to do what the Democrats and major media tried to do when they tried to pin the blame for the attack on Gabby Giffords on the tea party movement and conservatives like Sarah Palin, despite the fact that the shooter was both deranged and fascinated by LEFT-WING politics.

'Still haven't come up with that video, have you. (And you won't. There IS none.)

I see no point in continuing this back-and-forth. So, I'm done with it...

Yes, it's time for you to put on your tin foil hat and keep telling everyone that we never made it to the moon.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Clinton is likely to end up 1 million votes ahead in the popular vote.

As I said above, I accept the results of the election under the rules we have used for years.

What the gloating-racist-xenophobe-proignorance crowd needs to understand is that over half the voting populace disagrees with them. Either work with them, or choose not to, and see 2 years of stalemate followed by a overwhelming repudiation of Trumpism in 2018.

You heard it hear first.

You do have a track record of accuracy lol. I think you owe me some money from our last wager don't you? Id go double or nothing if you're interested in recouping your losses? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back