GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick

We are still paying that to the un accountable euro politician slush fund of the EU
If we did not then the funding would be there for the NHS

I have a vested interest as both our children work for the NHS ambulance service so I have a bit of an inside take of what is going on. A very vociferous Brexit voting colleague said "anyone who believed the bus slogan was stupid". Well I didn't but I believe many leave voters did.

So I live in hope you are correct, more than expectation.

Nick

Gina - really disappointed that she was even able to bring a case as such, the Article should have been ticked immediately and lets start moving forward

IAn

Well as David Dimbleby has been saying, why is everyone acting so surprised and wringing their hands over the court case it was inevitable. Even Cameron pointed out 5 years ago the vote was to put the outcome to parliament for debate. The point of law being correct, was actually conceded by Nigel Farage when he debated it with Gina on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when your political system is not set up to rule by referendum.

Don't necessarily agree but, As former Conservative chancellor Ken Clarke’s says in his new book, if people were asked whether they’d like a National Gallery or a funfair they’d say a funfair.

There is no justification for the disgusting way Gina has been treated by some since the ruling

Nick

Instead more hand wring and watering down.

IAn

Not hand wringing, but genuine concern on both sides, as Kevin has pointed out there is
a tendency to put everyone in one bucket or another,
According to at least one on here, as a tree hugging, hand wringing blah blah blah Liberal I shouldn't own a GT40.

As a remain voter my worst nightmare was that triggering article 50 was going to drag on, it was never going to be quick no matter what. https://scontent.fman2-2.fna.fbcdn....=8c72ba6274d1c2f1dc837a02106420ad&oe=58CB99B5

So I am glad it is going to parliament for debate (this does not make me unpatriotic or as a remainer, someone who needs to be charged with treason) we need to get this right, I suspect when details of the Nissan deal come out, we will see the consequences of making up policy ad hoc.

At present the government haven't got a clue what they are doing, debate from whatever side tends to put ideas under scrutiny.

unlike the Scots who voted to stay!

IAn

Why would they vote to leave so soon after voting to stay......unless they are not happy with what they got from the result. Maybe another warning from history for us ;)

Nick

Lets all agree to disagree but go and look at some fantastic cars on show at the NEC

IAn

:thumbsup: I shall be there, on my own as my enthusiastic friends have all bailed at the last minute. Sometimes though you can get more done when you only have to please yourself and not the general populous :)

Oh, I see. So, one should always put a 'qualifier' on a statement like that to make sure no one interprets it as meaning anything other than the left 'in general'. One must always be veeerrry 'specific'...because those on the left won't tolerate anything less. :lipsrsealed:

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Will agree to disagree on this one

Thanks

Will agree to disagree on this one

Thanks

Far to tolerant you must be a closet Conservative!

Interesting tweet

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!
11:14 AM - 11 Nov 2016

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It's a Fox News story, so you know it's a right wing conspiracy. :laugh:

Rod, all smilies aside, I'm SO happy to see that you are among the few to recognize that the veracity of ANYTHING from Fox News(?) Network is suspect! One must always vet the source for bias...regardless of one's own orientation...if they are to be believable.

As an example, although I view myself as slightly left of center, I never reference anything I see or hear on MSNBC because I view them as FAR left of center, and therefore their impartiality is quite suspect.

Believe me, we have a huge number of members here who would never vet their sources!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
Rod, all smilies aside, I'm SO happy to see that you are among the few to recognize that the veracity of ANYTHING from Fox News(?) Network is suspect! One must always vet the source for bias...regardless of one's own orientation...if they are to be believable.

As an example, although I view myself as slightly left of center, I never reference anything I see or hear on MSNBC because I view them as FAR left of center, and therefore their impartiality is quite suspect.

Believe me, we have a huge number of members here who would never vet their sources!

Cheers!

Doug

I think of myself as a logical common sense independent thinker, and yes, I'm fully aware that there's bias in the media from all sides. I think I'm equipped with a proper BS meter from any angle and I grew up being an X-Files fan. However, while not eliminating the remote improbable possibility that a VAST left wing conspiracy is why someone burned a Mississippi church down and scrawled "Vote Trump" on the wall of that church in order to get more Clinton votes, that's pretty F'ing out there in LaLa land.

But there's no video, so it's gotta be those left-wingers.

Brexit was a popular vote and not an Electoral college. I just think a popular vote works best when you're voting for POTUS. Whether it's Gore over Bush or Clinton over Trump. What worked 250 years doesn't necessarily work in today.

Among his many other promises, I hope (or not) the President-elect gets his clinically obese (30 BMI, and I'm sure Hydro static and Dexa test would easily confirm) body back into shape, or otherwise he may not make it through 4 years. :thumbsup:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Rod, all smilies aside, I'm SO happy to see that you are among the few to recognize that the veracity of ANYTHING from Fox News(?) Network is suspect!

Well, surprise, surprise. Not.

Fine. I suppose these sources are automatically "suspect" as well(?):

Regrets over that famous ‘basket of deplorables’ jab? Yeah, Hillary admits she ‘stepped in it’ | BizPac Review

Hillary Clinton Privately Acknowledged She

NYT: Clinton Admitted She 'Stepped In It' With 'Deplorables' Remark

It appears no matter what the source may be, any source that reports anything bad/negative/uncomplimentary/damaging regarding Billary or any other Democrat 'biggie' will immediately be labeled "suspect" by those on the left...even when multiple sources report the exact same thing. (Oh! Skewze me! That should be; "...'labeled "suspect" by MANY on the left.")

'Predictable as the sun rising in the East...

Last edited:
Well, surprise, surprise. Not.

Fine. I suppose these sources are "suspect" as well(?):

Regrets over that famous ‘basket of deplorables’ jab? Yeah, Hillary admits she ‘stepped in it’ | BizPac Review

Hillary Clinton Privately Acknowledged She

NYT: Clinton Admitted She 'Stepped In It' With 'Deplorables' Remark

It appears no matter what the source may be, any source that reports anything bad/negative/uncomplimentary/damaging regarding Billary or any other Democrat 'biggie' will immediately be labeled "suspect" by those on the left...even when multiple sources report the exact same thing. (Oh! Skewze me! That should be; "...'labeled "suspect" by MANY on the left.")

'Predictable as the sun rising in the East...

Without any video, it's a vast right wing conspiracy that planted the story. :laugh:

And anything that supports your point is fact. And anything that doesn't support your point is fiction. Predictable as the sun setting in the West.

Please adjust your tin foil hats please.

Attachments

• foilhats.jpg
    foilhats.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 147

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Well...now that he's been elected, it seems our erstwhile POTUS is reneging on at least a few of his campaign promises, most notably his promise to repeal the ACA/ObamaCare.

Can you say "Welcome" to the real Trump? I never expected him to fulfill his promise to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S., always thought that was just his blowhard nature getting the best of him, but his promise of repealing the ACA (which has never lived up to the first word of its title..."Affordable") seemed to have real promise.

Here's hoping his next week impresses me better than his present one has so far. He's new to the job, so I can cut him some slack...but he's not new to lying (I truly believe all those women who claimed he sexually assaulted them).

One of my mantras is "Everyone is entitled to screw up, and everyone is entitled to redemption". That includes our new POTUS.

Doug

Well...now that he's been elected, it seems our erstwhile POTUS is reneging on at least a few of his campaign promises, most notably his promise to repeal the ACA/ObamaCare.

Can you say "Welcome" to the real Trump? I never expected him to fulfill his promise to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S., always thought that was just his blowhard nature getting the best of him, but his promise of repealing the ACA (which has never lived up to the first word of its title..."Affordable") seemed to have real promise.

Here's hoping his next week impresses me better than his present one has so far. He's new to the job, so I can cut him some slack...but he's not new to lying (I truly believe all those women who claimed he sexually assaulted them).

One of my mantras is "Everyone is entitled to screw up, and everyone is entitled to redemption". That includes our new POTUS.

Doug

Doug, actions speak louder than words. Let's see if anything that's written and said in the news will actually come to fruition. I'm not ready to believe anything yet. However, it'll be fun to see where all the TrumpBots land in his administration. Fun stuff. Will Corey Lewandoski head the Secret Service? He knows how to push/shove/drag female reporters away.

My only curiosity is whether the new President will continue to order and eat KFC and McDonalds or will he trust the WH Chef enough to have him or her prepare his food? Adjust those tin foil hats and maybe an answer will be divined. :laugh:

Keith

"I Will Give Up My Gun When They Peel My Cold Dead Fingers From Around It"

We are not so lucky with the tolerant inclusive right over here, although they do have their moments.

Brexit legal challenger Gina Miller subject of online rape, racist and death threats

A word of warning, there is often a big difference between promises made and reality.

All 44 healthcare regions in England are currently drawing up five-year sustainability and transformation plans in order to save money, with £909 million cuts required in Cheshire and Merseyside by 2020.

A draft report suggested that Macclesfield Hospital’s A&E department will be turned into a minor injury and illness unit staffed by GPs.

Meanwhile two of Warrington, Knowsley and Southport hospitals would no longer treat some of the most serious conditions or be open around the clock.

Nick, we still pay the EU £350 per week as we're still in the EU!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Gunshots were reported at a "Not MY President" protest in Portland, Oregon last night.

Apparently the police were not responsible this time...good for them!!!

Sounds to me like Trump supporters are going a bit far in trying to stop the protests :eek:

Freedom of speech??? It's not free if it costs someone their life.

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of idiocy. It's also criminal when African American churches in Mississippi (or anywhere) are burned out by Trump supporters.

Your proof...IS...? Authorities have stated there are no suspects in the case and there is no video evidence. Yet you make the declarative statement that Trump supporters did it...presumably because of the graffiti someone left on the wall, I suppose.

Wikileaks has provided evidence the DNC employed 'pro' agitators to incite violence at Trump rallies to make Trump and his supporters look like violence-inciting thugs. What makes you so sure the church incident was none of their doing as well? As many videos of faaar lefty riots have undisputedly proven, the far left is not above committing arson or any number of other illegalities.

By contrast, you can't even come up with a single video showing GOPs have participated in even so much as one violent demonstration/protest...yet you're quick to believe Trump supporters committed arson with absolutely no evidence supporting that view.

'Swell.

Your proof...IS...? Authorities have stated there are no suspects in the case and there is no video evidence. Yet you make the declarative statement that Trump supporters did it...presumably because of the graffiti someone left on the wall, I suppose.

Wikileaks has provided evidence the DNC employed 'pro' agitators to incite violence at Trump rallies to make Trump and his supporters look like violence-inciting thugs. What makes you so sure the church incident was none of their doing as well? As many videos of faaar lefty riots have undisputedly proven, the far left is not above committing arson or any number of other illegalities.

By contrast, you can't even come up with a single video showing GOPs have participated in even so much as one violent demonstration/protest...yet you're quick to believe Trump supporters committed arson with absolutely no evidence supporting that view.

'Swell.

Just like you assume that all protests/agitation is created by Left wingers. Anyway, Trump supporters are too busy sending out pro Nazi/lynching text messages to black students at U of Penn:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phil..._with__lynching_.html?amphtml=y?client=safari

Is it too early in the AM to put your tin foil hat? Too early to drink the Kool-Aid? It's all a mass conspiracy?:laugh:

And you speak of WikiLeaks? There's an unbiased website run/supported by the Russian government. Who believes anything that they publish, or Doctor especially when it's publisher is wanted for sexual assault and rape? They're just part of the vast right wing conspiracy. :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back