Kurtiss' GT-R

Kurtiss a quick question on the Graz install it appears RCR does not include the alignment pins from their engine to Graz adapter plate I assume you may have made them yourself

Steven Lobel

Bronze Supporter
Kurtiss a quick question on the Graz install it appears RCR does not include the alignment pins from their engine to Graz adapter plate I assume you may have made them yourself
Mine came with everything. They had my motor at the shop and assembled the whole thing, then split it for pallet and shipping. There was an oops at the factory and the motor/transaxle were not put in the car. Fran shipped them separate bolted to a pallet, nicely done.

Kurtiss

Silver Supporter
Larry, my car was shipped with the transaxle and engine adapter plate. After receiving the throwout bearing, flywheel, clutch, ring gear and starter, I was missing the following hardware:
  • Adapter to engine bolts (McMaster Carr)
  • Starter bolts
  • Flywheel bolts
  • Clutch bolts
  • Throwout bearing bolts
  • Engine dowels (sleeve guides) (need 2 each)
You can purchase the dowels and bolts from your local VW dealer. All the part numbers and quantities should be listed in my post #34.

Kurtiss on page 6 of your Graz install you talk about O-Rings for the throw out bearing my kit was not shipped with any O-rings and where exactly will these O-Rings go, the throw out bearing already has an O-Ring installed is it the two indent grooves one round and one oval on the mating service of the input shaft.