Kurtiss' GT-R

Joel K

Supporter
Good question Larry, I am wondering the same thing. I have not chosen a harness yet and next year will need to select one.

Nice neat work Kurtiss

I really like the concept of the infinity system, but not being able to make program changes without getting the factory involved is a big turn off to me. Larry check out the Coach system Rufus used. I just put one in my 818 and I’m very happy with it.

Joel K

Supporter
I am on the Infinitybox mailing list and received this note July 2019 that they plan to release a programming tool for their customers...

inCODE PLUS is Coming!​

We introduced our Infinitybox system over 10 years ago. In those years, we've helped our customers build the cars of their dreams. We've created custom functions for their Infinitybox systems to make their cars do what they want.

We've always had to make these changes for our customers. We email them a custom file and they use our inCODE programmer to load these changes into their system.

We've heard your calls for a tool that you could use yourself. This has been a multi-year project to give our you the flexibility and control to customize your electrical systems your way, on your terms. We've taken the time to get this one right. We wanted to make sure that the system was intuitive, easy to use and had the flexibility you need.

We're excited to announce the introduction of our inCODE PLUS Programming Tool. This will be launched on our website in September. The tool will be backwards compatible with all of our systems going back to the beginning. Watch our website for more details and announcements as we get closer to the launch.

Fill out the form at this link to get on our special mailing list to be first to pick up this great tool when we launch. Please put inCODE PLUS in the message box of the Contact Form.

Very interesting. I sold off the Infinity kit I had because it was overkill for an 818, but I may reconsider it for my next project if this isn't vaporware and you can actually make your own logic changes.

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
OK, please don't hijack my thread.

Joel, inCODE gets you the ability to update the code on your system. If you want custom functions and features you must send your changes to their tech team and they'll modify your code to your requirements. You then use inCODE to update the system. You can purchase inCODE for repeat use but you still must use their tech team to make the program code changes.

Think about your requirements and design the electrical system to meet your desires and possible future upgrades. I've attached a copy of my current schematics for your reference.

Attachments

• GT-R.pdf
    779.5 KB · Views: 333

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
I really like the look of the rear bumper with the diffuser and exhaust tips (my post #135). One issue I had was the bumper felt a little flimsy so I filled it with two part urethane foam. I covered the foam with a few layers of fiberglass to seal it. This gave it a solid sound and feel and added very little weight. Now it’s ready for paint.

A03B5540.jpgA03B5552.jpgA03B5542.jpg

Kurtiss I agree that’s why I fab’d a galvanized frame to attach the bumper to like the original GT 40

Attachments

• 5D687831-AEF4-4A36-92CC-C3106F99F327.jpeg
    5D687831-AEF4-4A36-92CC-C3106F99F327.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 440
  • C9245164-85C9-43FE-954E-0A6F48E60361.jpeg
    C9245164-85C9-43FE-954E-0A6F48E60361.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 2978C20A-92BC-4DE4-8506-3B14E2933631.jpeg
    2978C20A-92BC-4DE4-8506-3B14E2933631.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 255CC02F-862C-4AAC-BD27-C5BFAF987823.jpeg
    255CC02F-862C-4AAC-BD27-C5BFAF987823.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 99AB69E2-1652-408D-AE62-AE7A4EC7020D.jpeg
    99AB69E2-1652-408D-AE62-AE7A4EC7020D.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 426

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
Good idea Larry, looks great! I didn't want to add any weight to the bumper since I'm hanging it off the rear clip.

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
Fuel Tank Mod – Internal Pump
See my post #48. My original design used a Fuelab fuel pump made for a carbureted engine. After talking to one of the Fuelab technical guys, I realized it would flow too much fuel and could actually pressurize the swirl tank and therefore provide back pressure to the return line from the pressure regulator and possibly push too much pressure to the injectors. I needed to replace the low pressure pump with a simple lift pump.

I decided to use an in-tank pump (AeroMotive Phantom 200 Stealth) and move the Fuelab high pressure pump off the firewall. After installing the fuel pump, I pressurized the tank to 5 psi with shop air. I noticed all the pump fasteners were leaking as were the sending unit fasteners. I removed and reinstalled all fasteners wet with sealant (Dowsil 730). I did another leak check the following day with no leaks noted. Also cut an access hole in the tunnel for access to the pump and sending unit – sure makes it easier to tighten the fittings and perform leak checks.

Note: If you use the swirl tank that came with the car, take a good look at the -6 AN fittings. Mine were damaged and had to be replaced.

A03B5836.jpg60418221840__76A6F598-3E1A-42B4-9207-5065AA6AC8A6.jpgA03B6330.jpgA03B6107.jpgA03B6320.jpgA03B8197.jpgA03B6134.jpg

Kurtiss yes I did the same internal pump in tank almost like OEM have you did your hood mods yet the reason I ask is I have H Craft’s templates I can send them to you and then you can send them back to H

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
Larry, thank you for the offer but I already used the templates (I received from Rufus) and separated the hood from the front clamshell. I sent them onto Mike Hampson (after I made a copy of them). Thanks!

Jared V

Supporter
Fuel Tank Mod – Internal Pump
See my post #48. My original design used a Fuelab fuel pump made for a carbureted engine. After talking to one of the Fuelab technical guys, I realized it would flow too much fuel and could actually pressurize the swirl tank and therefore provide back pressure to the return line from the pressure regulator and possibly push too much pressure to the injectors. I needed to replace the low pressure pump with a simple lift pump.

I decided to use an in-tank pump (AeroMotive Phantom 200 Stealth) and move the Fuelab high pressure pump off the firewall. After installing the fuel pump, I pressurized the tank to 5 psi with shop air. I noticed all the pump fasteners were leaking as were the sending unit fasteners. I removed and reinstalled all fasteners wet with sealant (Dowsil 730). I did another leak check the following day with no leaks noted. Also cut an access hole in the tunnel for access to the pump and sending unit – sure makes it easier to tighten the fittings and perform leak checks.

Note: If you use the swirl tank that came with the car, take a good look at the -6 AN fittings. Mine were damaged and had to be replaced.

View attachment 105578View attachment 105581View attachment 105582View attachment 105583View attachment 105584View attachment 105585View attachment 105586
Good advice about the fittings on the swirl tank. I sent my uninstalled tank to Ron and he sent me a pic showing the fittings damaged. Nice work on your car!

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
No Larry, I haven't installed the hinges yet. Check out Rufus' post #44. He installed hinges and they came out great.

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
I removed the pedal assembly to gain access to the foot well for insulation. This is a good time to install a Kenwood KSC-PSW8 compact powered subwoofer for the audio system. I found a piece of real estate above the tunnel behind the A/C unit. It’s up and out of the way.

A03B6316.jpg

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
Master Cylinder Swap
I have the basic brakes (Corvette/Brembo) and the Graziano transaxle. Common thought is to use a ¾” master cylinder for the front brakes and 7/8” for the rear and ¾” for the clutch. Thanks to Rufus for letting me know the correct master cylinder configuration on the GT-R is ¾” for front and rear brakes and 7/8” for the clutch.

I swapped the master cylinders and used the PowerBleeder by Motive Products with the Wilwood 45mm adapter to bleed the brakes and clutch. No issues with the bleed and the brakes feel good.

A03B6128.jpgA03B6130.jpg

Back