More Global Cooling/Warming/Change hoax.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What we are suffering from here is mainly down to total lack of maintenance of our ditches,streams and rivers. Our forefathers have dug by hand thousands of miles of ditches to keep all the land properly drained, the EA used to keep all vegetation in the streams / rivers cut back , the council used to keep all the culverts, gulleys and roadside ditches clear. The land was properly drained and when it rained it would act as a huge sponge keeping back millions of gallons of water which it would release into the ditches and streams slowly. For years now because of consecutive dry years,EA and council cutbacks all this has been left to ruin, every year you will see council workers blowing all the leaves off the paths and roads straight into the ditch, land owners have filled in culverts and farmers dont bother anymore with the land. When it rains now its all just run off which bounces straight off the land over non existent ditches into clogged up streams and rivers which = FLOODS. Trees under powerlines were always kept cut a few meters below, this is another area of neglect. There are thousands of miles of cables growing through the tree canopies , these trees are roadside and rooted down in the poorly drained sodden ground so now when the wind blows over they go pulling down the cables.

We are paying a very heavy price for neglecting some very basic area`s of what used to be annual maintenance. It has little or nothing to do with climate change.

Bob

Oh yes the old Autumn process of "Hedging and Ditching"

Cut back the hedges and clear out the ditches!

Now come o Bob nobody wants to do manual work like that - perhaps we could import a few thousand Romanians to do it for us
then they will be able to establish when the houses are empty for their buddies to come in and "help themselves"

Ian

Keith

What we are suffering here is the main effect of the Land Drainage Acts following WWII.

69 years ago, Truman stopped food deliveries to the beleaguered United Kingdom under Lend/Lease without any warning, suspicious that the UK, instead of feeding their people, were actually selling Lend/Lease goods abroad for profit.

Enter a new Land Drainage era when almost every available piece of land was put under agriculture, hedgerows trashed, ditches filled in and 'prairie' type farms developed. If WWII wasn't enough, the new Labour Govt and their "centralised economy", continual dockers strikes, and the end of Lend/Lease kept us in the dark ages until rationing ended finally in 1954, including living in bombed out accommodation.

That is the legacy of my childhood and I won't forget it it a hurry. That is why I laugh when people refer to us (UK) having "won WWII"

In a pigs eye. We STILL haven't fully recovered from the effects of which the current flooding is but a small part.

Talking of trees bringing down power lines, I found it particularly humorous recently, when radio 5 Live had a discussion and expert on the line, advising folks about compensation they were, or could be entitled to, for loss of power caused by storms over Christmas.

Whilst I agree that some compensation should be due to any homeowner or business, if they are left without power for more than a day or so, the amount of people who actually thought that Power companies should compensate them for the fact that their Christmas Day was ruined due to the outage, was so unmistakably typical of the current day mind-set of the general populace, it went beyond funny.

The average western person seems to want something for nothing at every chance. No one considered that some shit just cannot be avoided and not everything in life is open to a charge of direct neglect that deserves compensation.

Calls like, "my Christmas was ruined, I had to go to my sister's for lunch, someone should pay me for the inconvenience", were just fabulously and gloriously naïve.

People complain that distribution and network charges are increasing, as if access to electricity is a right given by God himself, then complain when there isn't enough investment in the Grid to prevent outages. It all just makes me laugh.

Not one person called in to express thanks to the engineers who gave up their family Christmas, to go out into the storms, even in some cases, risking personal injury, to fix the power lines.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Calls like, "my Christmas was ruined, I had to go to my sister's for lunch, someone should pay me for the inconvenience", were just fabulously and gloriously naïve.

Back in '02 or '03 we had a pre-dawn power outage here for several hours on Christmas Day...with Christmas dinner ready to cook and two refridgerators full of other 'goodies' at risk (the planet comes here for Christmas dinner). Did I call the power company? Nope. 'Fired up the generator. Problem solved. (It's amazing how many of "Murphy's" best-laid plans can be thworted by prior planning.)

It was funny watching cars going by our place slow waaaaaaay down as their drivers tried to figure out why 'twas that our house had lights when all the other houses for miles around didn't! (Even our driveway lights were on! :D)

I imagine our next door "neighbors" (so-called...'long story) weren't too pleased either, as our generator is located just spitting distance from their master bdrm windows. ('Location dictated by our power box...not by malicious intent. 'Tis a nice coincidence though. [Don't mess with a WOGG!])

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
As you read the article below, bear in mind the White House ALSO said we could keep our doctor...we could keep our health insurance plan...we'd see our yearly health ins. premiums go DOWN an average of $2,500...if Syria uses chemical weapons, they'll have crossed a red line in the sand...and on, and on, and on. I mention this because it helps if one reads the article from the proper historical perspective:

White House blames 'polar vortex' on global warming in blog post | Fox News

So, what they're saying is if temps get warmer than the seasonal normal - it's due 2 global warming. If seasonal temps get COLDER than they've been in several decades - it's due 2 global warming. If I have a FLAT TIRE - it's due 2 global warming. If my tires STAY INFLATED - it's due 2 global..................oh, you get the idea.

I'm truly sick and tired of the whole scam...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
That is such a joke I mentioned it in the jokes thread. Unfortunately it seems that gullible people lap this sort of garbage up. Researchers world wide are scrambling to try and save their grants. In my short life we have had the Millennium bug B.S. The hole in the Ozone Layer B.S. Global Warming B.S. Climate change B.S. England can play cricket B.S. and now the Polar Vortex.B.S. I wonder what B.S. we will be served next? Kiwis can play Rugby?
Chebbies can beat Fords?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hope you are seated for this because it could ruin your day. “Effects of climate change could hinder a sea snail’s ability to leap away from predators on one foot”, Queensland researchers say. Did I read that right?
The study, reported in the Fjii Times, shows the Conch snail, found in sandy areas off coral reefs, finds it difficult to quickly jump out of reach of prey when exposed to higher levels of carbon dioxide.
Dr Sue-Ann Watson of James Cook University’s Centre of Excellence, who is a self-confessed global warmist, says the chemical CO2 disrupts the snail's neurotransmitter receptor, causing it to have a delayed response.
“The snail either stops jumping or takes longer to jump when exposed to the levels of carbon dioxide projected for the end of this century”, the marine biologist said. (Have you fallen off your chair yet?)
"This might leave the three to four centimetre Conch snail more vulnerable to the dart of the slow-moving, predatory Cone shell.
"Snails normally move slowly and crawl around on their one big foot," Ms Watson said.
Jumping Jehoshaphat! Why weren’t we told about this?
So, the level of carbon dioxide in eighty six years’ time (projected of course by our global warming friends) might affect a sea snail!
Bloody hell, that makes the Syrian crisis look like a picnic.
But every dark cloud has a silver lining... in eighty six years’ time it seems the deprived, slow-moving Cone shell will find it much easier to get a feed. Phew, global warming isn’t all doom and gloom after all.
I phone-messaged Sue-Ann to ask if the dung beetle was getting enough tucker at her Centre of Excellence, but I have yet to receive a reply.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Aww, that's a bit rude Pete - calling me a dumb bastard 'cos I think Kiwis CAN play rugby....

Hope you are seated for this because it could ruin your day. “Effects of climate change could hinder a sea snail’s ability to leap away from predators on one foot”, Queensland researchers say. Did I read that right?
The study, reported in the Fjii Times, shows the Conch snail, found in sandy areas off coral reefs, finds it difficult to quickly jump out of reach of prey when exposed to higher levels of carbon dioxide.
Dr Sue-Ann Watson of James Cook University’s Centre of Excellence, who is a self-confessed global warmist, says the chemical CO2 disrupts the snail's neurotransmitter receptor, causing it to have a delayed response.
“The snail either stops jumping or takes longer to jump when exposed to the levels of carbon dioxide projected for the end of this century”, the marine biologist said. (Have you fallen off your chair yet?)
"This might leave the three to four centimetre Conch snail more vulnerable to the dart of the slow-moving, predatory Cone shell.
"Snails normally move slowly and crawl around on their one big foot," Ms Watson said.
Jumping Jehoshaphat! Why weren’t we told about this?
So, the level of carbon dioxide in eighty six years’ time (projected of course by our global warming friends) might affect a sea snail!
Bloody hell, that makes the Syrian crisis look like a picnic.
But every dark cloud has a silver lining... in eighty six years’ time it seems the deprived, slow-moving Cone shell will find it much easier to get a feed. Phew, global warming isn’t all doom and gloom after all.
I phone-messaged Sue-Ann to ask if the dung beetle was getting enough tucker at her Centre of Excellence, but I have yet to receive a reply.
Staggering research! Wucking Fankers!

Pete, you're an intelligent guy. How is it you can even suggest that global climate change is a scam?

Unbelievable. You don't need to rely on data from researchers to realize some monumental changes are in motion. Just use your own eyes and ears and it is hugely apparent.

We should all take a little insight from past historical events related to climate change. Remember the French Revolution? Guess what set that in motion?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Cliff, change is happining, we just do not know what the cause is.

Those who say it is absolutly all caused by man are no different than those who say this is absolutly is not caused by man.

Pete, Mark and Larry are just as dilusional as Al Gore.

You know for sure, no one knows for sure and credibility suffers.

Last edited:
Yes Cliff, change is happining, we just do not know what the cause is.

Those who say it is absolutly all caused by man are no different than those who say this is absolutly is not caused by man.

Pete, Mark, Larry and Al Gore are all fooling themselfs.

You do not know for sure, no one knows for sure.

What we do know for sure is that pumping toxic chemicals and gasses into the air and sea is totally unacceptable. To do nothing about it is not an option but to have governments using the problem as a cash cow is also unacceptable. Cars are all running a lot cleaner than they ever have and power stations have also cleaned up their act, industry , aviation and just about every thing in the east however have not. They are pumping their crap into the same air and sea we all share, the problem lies with the west because of our reliance on cheap eastern goods and so we join the merry go round. This is the view of an official wogg so it must be right .

Bob

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, Mark and Larry are just as dilusional as Al Gore. .

You do not know for sure, no one knows for sure.

...but, let's just let the EPA and the rest of the greenies regulate, tax and FINE the crap out of industry (and ultimately the man on the street) just for 'yuk-yuks' until we do...IF we ever do. Right, Jim?

I'm just waiting for wunna the "global warming" types to declare that the variations in the tilt of the earth's axis happen because of an imbalance in the total weight of concrete and blacktop used disporportionately 'round the planet...and, therefore, an AXIS RESTORATION TAX in the bazillions of dollars is in order for those who manufacture/provide/use those materials.

It's undoubtedly coming...

Back