name the aeroplane part 2

Charlie Farley

Supporter
No one's got this cockpit yet.
Clue is, in the name, is the name of a British city....

Not many built.

Attachments

• Naughty Naughty - Guess !.jpg
    Naughty Naughty - Guess !.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 206
Mike,

You get to keep your planes at Chino, way cool!

What a great place. A few years ago, at the Reno Air Races, I got a great book that someone wrote about the history of the Airfield from WWII training base until today's Warbird center, great stuff!

For some fun, go to Chino on Google Earth and look around the edges of the field, it's full of neat aircraft. And that's just the outside stuff, the good ones are inside.

Jim, you have a book about Chino or Reno? If Chino, can you please tell me the name of it and the author? I am interested in getting it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

It's called "Chino, Warbird Treasures Past and Present"

By Joe Cupido. Fox-2 Productions. Riverside CA. (909) 274-0547
[email protected]

You will love this book!

It's a big coffee table book with lots of color pix. It covers from the early training days, the years of scrapping thousands of warbirds, right up until today. Including all the companies based there (past & present) all the racers, warbirds and personalities.

Very good stuff!

Cheerio

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Andy - At first it doesn't look like an Avro product though the photo goes blurred when I try to enlarge it. I give up. You win the chocolate nose.

Keith

No clues.

I am probably wrong but I'll set the ball rolling. A "no-clue" regime is not fun for those of us who are enthusiasts but were not conceived inside a bomb bay on a bed of life rafts and parachute silk, so may I suggest a simple "Hot > Cold" through warm, tepid cool etc so that we may know if we are on the right track?

I will respond this way in future but you must do what you please, however, I think you will get more responses... :)

OK so I am thinking along the lines of Bell AH1 pilot office.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, it is a single engine, bubble canopy, fairly plain insterment panel, no gunsight......

I wonder what that big white handel on the right does?

I'm thinking some sort of trainer? Am I warm?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, it is a single engine, bubble canopy, fairly plain insterment panel, no gunsight......

I wonder what that big white handel on the right does?

I'm thinking some sort of trainer? Am I warm?

I've always thought you were cool Jim, and you still are. Not a trainer but not combat either.

Back