New Jaguar E-Type to be built

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Nice!

I have to agree with Ron, 4 headlights, thats just wrong. Additionally, those nice hood vents need to move aft a ways!

I will be the first to admit I was concerned about the direction of the company when they were aquired by TATA but this is a good sign

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Is this a Jaguar sponsored thing, or much like the Stratos reincarnation (based on a F430) chassis that a small firm is doing?

While this one isn't a remake, I do think they should rethink the upturned rear body styling. Looks a bit too much like the old +2 model for my taste, but overall, a lovely car.

While this one isn't a remake, I do think they should rethink the upturned rear body styling. Looks a bit too much like the old +2 model for my taste, but overall, a lovely car.

Hey now what do you have against the +2 :)
They are one of the more rare models now because most were bought up as parts cars for FHC's ;)

jag2.jpg

I restored a 1964 Series 1 (3.8) drop head E-type in college - took me two full summers to do and it was a stunner when finished. I painted it, rebuilt the engine and rear suspension, hand made a new interior...and pretty much everything else. I know every shape and curve on that car. I'll stick with the original, nothing can come close in my mind. Maybe my passion for the E-type comes from having had my first real "experience" with the opposite sex in it...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The car is nice but the wheels don't do a thing for me... I think I've seen the same wheels on a jacked-up Chevy Impala in the 'hood here...

Large%20Image.jpg

Dunno - big wheels and rubber bands for tires just aren't my bag I guess..

Attachments

• chevrolet_impala_1964_lowrider.jpg
    chevrolet_impala_1964_lowrider.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 268

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Oh no, not again...

Another great original design from 50 years ago tinkered with and recycled. So let's see how's the "warm automotive leftovers" list looking these days....

• Beetle
  • Mini
  • Thunderbird
  • GT-40
  • Camaro
  • Mustang
  • Challenger
  • XK-E
Which one will be next? Well, I haven't seen a fattened-up Riviera, Cougar or 442 yet....

Maybe instead of being disappointed I should wish they just do them all, get it over with and out of the industry's system. How many more to go?

Is this all we baby boomer's fault because the industry thinks we want our past badly recreated in plastic? I thought that was what Revell was for....

Meanwhile designs like this sit on the shelf:

1960_maserati_birdcage-pic-6664631759202829633.jpg

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Meanwhile designs like this sit on the shelf:

attachment.php

Fran needs to take a look at this one... That Maserati is a beautiful car...

You left a few off your list;

PT Cruiser
Plymouth Prowler
Chevrolet SSR
Chevrolet HHR

I'm sure there are more...

And frankly - if they are tastefully done - I have no problem with the retro cars at all... Of course taste is a matter of personal preference which we all know can vary widely...

Back