Looking good Nick
Hi everyone, well, that 8 weeks flew past. My car is now siting awaiting Mondays short trip back to my newly refurbished garage. Many a good job now duly ticked of the seemingly endless list. Well chuffed at the top quality work provided by the newly formed Classic Car Restorations at what I consider to be a very fair price. (as I knew the founder who is also doing a 40, we negotiated a deal allowing mine to be the anchor project allowing a new business to start in these very difficult times). Looks like its paid dividends as their order book has exceeded expectations.
Once the car is back its a case of getting my Southern GT supplied wiring loom in and splicing its all together with my modern push button steering wheel electronics and the Holley EFI system.
From then on the jobs remaining can probably be measured in hours as opposed to days or weeks each.
Have scheduled mid November for my first go at starting my self built old 302. ;-)
Shaun, Yep, that's what I had heard. Am hoping for the best but planning for the worst. Unfortunately, that seems to be the name of the game with so much of this industry. I also have a Holley ECU loom to splice in plus the electronics for my wireless steering wheel which provides for much of the normal dash push button stuff. I've not much hair left already so this will probably finish me off !Nick i found my loom not to be of all that great a quality I think the chap doing Micks stuff was about to stop and was uning up any old wire, some colours did not match the spec sheet, it went in ok and I got it all working but does need a bit of jiggery pokery, I started with the dash section and cable tied that roughly, the hardest to position was the fuse box I know Paul moved that once form an original location and my location is not great but I was a victim of not dry laying it out first and matching to the dash location!!
Add to mine the ECU loom which is a bit of a bugger (very well made by the new chap but some non standard plugs and sockets compared to the SGT Loom) and I had a right old job on my hands, it all works just got ot see if the engine starts now!!
It took a little longer than anticipated but the dashboard is now wired and tested as best as can be done off the car. Now just a case of tidying up the wiring a little and popping loosely into the car to test. ;-)
I had a very specific idea ref the type of switches and look and feel I wanted in combination with the wireless steering wheel which led to some issues given my switches are simple on off, no multi position. Hence, I have had to add additional relays to allow me to keep it that way.
Video link made prior to completion:-