R.C.R.40 movie cars...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
for the same reason as your Tbird switch story.

They called on a Friday night wanting two more bodies shipped overnight....we made it happen but I think the shipping must have been almost as much as the parts.

I got a call at 10.30 on Sat. morning saying"Thanks" and that thay had arrived in Ca. and another call at 6.30pm saying that one body was already fitted and painted ready for the next days shooting.....

Understand that only the "beauty car" is done right. They can fit and paint a body in a day as you can't see the waves/flat spots/etc. on screen with a moving shot.

Fran,

Congrats on getting some of Hollywood's money. They usually suck vendors dry and toss the withered hulks aside. Best one was the guy who I replaced as the vendor to "Thelma and Louise", he offered parts FREE but wanted credit on screen below the actors!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Fast and Furious not my type of movie, but I will watch this next one just to see your cars. All my nephews know all of my cars since they grew up around them and this type of movie is what they think they should do. We need another remake of Le Mans with actual dialog in the movie.

Congratulations Fran, I am sorry for ranting about Fast and Furious, I love your cars! I just wish we had them in a grown up movie, if you get my drift. The P4 is one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Thanks guys..like I said, I am proud to to be able to represent the GT40 ...cheesy or not at least they used a GT40 and not a Kia...

Last edited:
Fran,
Congratulations on the spot. Who knows, it may stimulate a renewed interest in the GT40 for a younger generation.
Garry

Great news Fran.

Not interested in the SL-C? Ask if you can get a special visit to the set, just happen to turn up in the 'company car' SL-C :D

Leaving Texas on Saturday :(

Yes all the GT40's were.....three..

Interestingly the GS Corvettes were from Mongoose...the company unfortunately being sued by GM for actually making the GS ....go figure...

Just awesome! Congrats again Fran, though I'm worried about the story line, it has Vin Diesel in it already and apparently 'The Rock'.... all we need now is Steven Seagal.

Doc! Looks like I am moving to Texas! SWEET!

San Antonio (why I hear you ask) because that's where our office is and they are sponsoring my visa, although we do have one in Austin...

Should be over around March/April time, can't wait but nervous as hell.

Back