Sold My GT40

Lets see.......

Trade in my dream car for two souless, wheeled cages or castrate myself with a rusty butter knife........

Where's the silverware drawer

Yup, got a few i see. the style of a gentle new age sensitive man. A truely luverly man. steve

Ooh Kalun, you said the P word on the GT40 Forum. Some people are going to start frothing at the mouth.

Actually, to be serious, I've driven a Prius and it was OK as a daily driver. Quite different, and I always find cars outside the mainstream more interesting. It is not a performance car, and I find the reasons for which many people buy them to be quite irritating. But it's an effortless day to day car as a contrast to a 40. Can't see anyone actually SWAPPING though.

Brilliant thread Cliff!

Jim that is an absolute classic (Prius die, GT win). I intend to steal it immediately. :)

Tim.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Feel free!

For the last month or so I have been driving a Subaru Impreza, because my Toyota pickup truck was damaged when I went into a guard rail on an icy interstate in March. It's okay transportation, I suppose, but I hate having a car with an automatic, and I don't like all its little electronic bells and whistles. I can't wait to have my (stick shift) work truck back- no power windows, no power locks, etc. And the first nice day that I got to drive the Cobra was a revelation- these cars we all love have real soul and character; they are alive. They talk to you- not always politely, but they feel like they are awake and they demand that you be, too. The Subaru is like having a wife that always says "yes dear"- while doing exactly what SHE wants to, regardless.

New cars, at least the models here in Oz, have moved from annoying little bells and whistles warning you of your faults (you've opened the door with the motor running, you've got the headlights on without the motor running, you haven't done up your seatbelt,etc.) to physically thwarting you. You can't turn the headlights on with the car sitting there (to align them, or check current draw or some such), you can't get the key out until you've put the shift selector into park, you can't turn the steering wheel unless the ignition key is on. For goodness sake, I hate these "Nanny"cars looking after us, not to mention all the electronic stability controls, traction controls, ABS braking, etc. The cars we love do have soul and talk to us, they don't nanny us. Of course, it's nice to also have the Prius in the garage for the handbrake to drive, or when you have a bad hangover or flu but need to get somewhere without too much driver input.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

The fact it was posted on April 2nd is confusing.....

Back