"Vigilante 6.0 Vengeance" project

Glad to see you are feeling up to making some dust again. All those details that allow it to function as a real car take lots of time. Looking good.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thx Doug. Slowly but surely getting there.
As far as my clutch goes... I am going a different way. Spent most of Saturday morning at a Cape Town engineering shop. They are going to mate my 2jz-gte and 01e box. He is also going to do the twin plate cluch for me. They custom fit the female spline fitting to the clutch that fits the 01e splines. He can also do a triple plate but then quite a few more pricy mods must be done and he tells me 500 to 700bhp is fine for that setup. He can only help me in two weeks time so I will be taking everything through to them then. Once done. Then through to the chassis builder.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Latest photo.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 495

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi guys haven't posted in ages. My project is still progressing although slowly. I have changed the headlights again..... well reason being I am going for fancy 2005 Celica halo lights. My 2jz-gte has been mated to the 01e box. Adapter plate mad. Custom flywheel. 3 pack custom clutch.

Chassis materials bought and fabrication should finally start within the next week or so. Oh yeah.... then still mega mucho work to be done on the buck....

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well my lights arrived today from the States. What a nice company to deal with. Super efficient, super fast (on ebay) This is the fastest I have ever received a package from overseas.

See attached pic. The lights are just place loosely on top. Next move is to tape the lights up and cut bigger holes position the lights and foam in before removing them again just to get my headlight holes.

I am super happy with the looks of the lights.

My mated engine and box should be ready by Wednesday but will only pick it up over the weekend. Will take some photos too.

Note I changed a lot on the nose so now I have to get cracking once the headlights holes are right. A lot of reconstruction and finishing awaits. Also see my wiper arms.... Thought I would not like the Peugeot setup but I actually think they look kind of cool on the sides.

Attachments

• Lights2.jpg
    Lights2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Lights1.jpg
    Lights1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 403

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Oh...btw. If I ever get that feeling I must do a major change on the body.... remind me to go and lie down...close my eyes and wait for that horrible feeling to go away......

Oh...btw. If I ever get that feeling I must do a major change on the body.... remind me to go and lie down...close my eyes and wait for that horrible feeling to go away......

Nice!
By the way, should you close your eyes and all asleep, you will dream about it anyway.
There is no escape!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Some pics. Engine gearbox setup not completed yet. Release bearing problem so they will be making a housing to take an off the shelf bearing.

Some pics of the custom flywheel and adapter plate.

Also I got my wheels back with the Pirellis on. :)

Attachments

• 20150318_134635.jpg
    20150318_134635.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 20150318_134800.jpg
    20150318_134800.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 20150318_134618.jpg
    20150318_134618.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 20150318_134812.jpg
    20150318_134812.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 20150318_142842.jpg
    20150318_142842.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 20150318_142849.jpg
    20150318_142849.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 353

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Very good news indeed. My chassis is underway. :)

Attachments

• Chassis - Vigi3.jpg
    Chassis - Vigi3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Chassis - Vigi2.jpg
    Chassis - Vigi2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 328
  • Chassis - Vigi.jpg
    Chassis - Vigi.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 334

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
2jz-Gte mated to 01e 6 speed with custom flywheel, adaptor plate and two pack clutch

Attachments

• Vigi flywheel.jpg
    Vigi flywheel.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Vigi 2jz-gte.jpg
    Vigi 2jz-gte.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 323
My that looks quite familiar. :)

Looks like you're doing kind of the same as me (1UZ-FE mated to an 01E) and retaining the flexplate with the starter gear on and adding a flywheel after it.

DSC07810.JPG

What clutch are you using? That flywheel looks tiny!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi David. I am not sure what clutch it is. It wasnimported from the USA and it was a 3 pack clutch converted to a two pack and the inners of the playes removed and new inners refitted to fit the splines on my 2jz engine. I will try and find out what clutch it is. New Engineering in Cape Town did the whole conversion for me. They even removed the release bearing with housing and made a new one so that release bearing is now an iff the shelf buy. The whole exercise. Adaptor plate, custom flywheel, clutch etc. Etc. Cost me the equivalwnt of $1300 which I think is very reasonable. I also have the extra plates of the 3 pack clutch.

Ah, I was looking to use an Audi RS4 clutch as it's just "bolt on" (to the gearbox end at least).

Not a bad price at all with that work on the clutch, I was figuring on £500-600 (~800 to~950USD) for mine but that was with a stock off the shelf clutch rather than a modified performance one!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ah, I was looking to use an Audi RS4 clutch as it's just "bolt on" (to the gearbox end at least).

Not a bad price at all with that work on the clutch, I was figuring on £500-600 (~800 to~950USD) for mine but that was with a stock off the shelf clutch rather than a modified performance one!

Yeah mate the problem you will have is that the rs4 clutch plates will most probably have different splines than that of your motor's shaft. What the engineer did here was to drill out the rivets and take out the part that goes over the shaft. He then used the correct inserts that fits on the shaft and put them in on the plates. If I ever needed a clutch again I would have to go back to him again. He is also going to make custom racing side shafts for my car at $300 per shaft. My guarrentee....... ic they beak he will replace them for free. (He does most of the Killarney Racing guys' side shafts. Never had one break yet.

I am going to Noordhoek where my chassis is being built tomorrow morning. Taking the steering rack, steering column, seats etc. through. Will also be discussing sheet metal, fuel tanks, suspension and so forth. I will phone Michael on Monday and get some advice on your setup if you like regarding clutch. He has done numerous v8 lexus conversions.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
I bought BMW M3 2006 model calipers, rotors, steering column and rack. Also bought Coilovers (for Lotus). Btw... my chassis guy had some bad times but now that he is ok again.... he is shifting into 6th gear and I have to keep up.... he is like a squirrel on speed... of course money wise it is costing a pretty penny now but hell I am up for it. Whatever it takes! Even if it means stepping down from my favourite whisky to ...... something they call whisky but tastes like bad wine combined with Vodka... and puke !
Btw... how is this for multi manufacturer.... Peugeot...Audi... BMW... Toyota.... Daihatsu....

Back