What's your Daily Driver?

Here it is mine when we are in Europe, in this occasion tailgating in the paddock at the Festival of Speed 2009

Last edited:
And these are the ones when we are in the US.

Ooppps! I could only find a picture of the Mustang. The other one is a Subaru Legacy for the winter weather, the ice and the snow

Last edited:
Thats what I call a ride!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Pete

now that´s what i call a ride.

Thats me on Jolly our 8 year old Arab/Quarter mix.
TomJolly.jpg

and thats my wife Helga on her 14 year old welsh pony "Goliath".
HelgaTOm.jpg

TOM

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nice couple of horses Tom, how are the brakes? Picture is Jasper, my 4yo Hanovarian warmblood, who has turned into a nice eventer. The rider is my coach, you cant help bad luck can you?:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Jasper1.JPG
    Jasper1.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 284

Keith

Can I play?

Because I've "fallen from grace" the Ferrari's, Shelby Mustangs, racing cars, boats, wives have all gone now so this is what I use, but I'm limited to 7,000 miles per year just in case.

Troop.jpg

That's me in the combat trousers trying to get the mud off.

But guess what, I love it. Accidentally reversed over a new Porsche Cayman the other day.....well it did come well below my window line so I didn't see it honest... :laugh:

A closer one.....

Horn300809.jpg

Cheers,

The Baron - "Doing his bit for Global Warming."

Nice couple of horses Tom, how are the brakes? Picture is Jasper, my 4yo Hanovarian warmblood, who has turned into a nice eventer. The rider is my coach, you cant help bad luck can you?:thumbsup:

Pete

What a beauty! Pretty young ha ???? Nice colorchoice too:drunk:

Regarding brakes; Jolly could do a sliding stop if i would be capable of telling him, but i have not found the pedal to step on yet.

TOM

Still saving like mad for my GT40. Maybe i should sell my daily drive (Porsche 911 Turbo S).... Nah... its too much fun.

Mind you, i actually have just as much fun, if not more, driving my Wife's Mini Cooper S. Turn off the traction control (when she's not looking) and just nail the throttle. Top fun!

My daily driver....and I'm proud of this because so many "green" people give me dirty looks and make some comments I always tell them my everyday car is a 2001 Toyota Corolla. 128K and going strong. A true Ying and Yang situation.

This is my new daily driver, I have always favored small quick cars to commute in.
Some of my faves, 91 MR2, 93 RX7, 01 IS 300, 02 G35, 05 SLK 350, several Beemers, 635 and 325's and now this 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 track Coupe.
This car has great power and all the latest whizbang technology you can imagine, it is fun!
Dave

Attachments

• PICT1990.JPG
    PICT1990.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 264

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
This is my new daily driver, I have always favored small quick cars to commute in.
Some of my faves, 91 MR2, 93 RX7, 01 IS 300, 02 G35, 05 SLK 350, several Beemers, 635 and 325's and now this 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 track Coupe.
This car has great power and all the latest whizbang technology you can imagine, it is fun!
Dave

So you got the 3.8L and not the 2.0T? I would have opted for the turbo myself just for power potential. Did you test drive the 2.0T and then opt for the larger V6? Just wonderin. LOL

Nice car man!

I have two daily drivers plus the wife's town car (It's not big enough to be a city car) Mine are a S Class Merc and a Saab 93 cabriolet - the wife's is a Perodua Kelisa - "a what?"! I hear you say!

Last edited:
Brian, I did not drive the 2.0, small motors that need to make a lot of RPM just to move the car around don't interest me. I had a Honda 2000 for 90 days, I must have shifted that car thousands of times!
The 3.8 has great torque and gearing, will pull from 2000rpm in any gear and really pulls hard thru 6500.
From a pure track context, there might be some advantage in the 2.0 but I drive this car every day.
Dave

This was till I had to get rid, mainly due to increasing fuel cost and going back to college :(

25022010125.jpg

16102009047.jpg

For my Sins I am now being forced to endure a '98 Re##ult Scenic, 1.6 8v petrol.
Apparently it had 78 ponies when new, probably down to about 46 about now

However, I'm currently looking for a 2001-ish 530d Touring. MMMMMMM!!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Other than our beloved SPF, we have a 2008 Cayman with a six speed and my work, family, four door, a 2004 Acura TL, with a six speed/Brembo....it is a great car, now with over 200,000 miles and still runs great. Those Honda folks build good stuff.

Pete, Tom, those are some nice looking horses! For around 15 years, we had a Tennesse Walker named Flash, mostly for our daughter. That thing was huge!

Last edited:
Just got rid of an escalade (lemon) and put old reliable back on the road (98 Mercedes e320 wagon and a 02 bug for the little lady).

1st, Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up,winter and wet and when I need to tow. 2nd, FFR Daytona Coupe, H-D Fat Bob, spring, summer, fall when it's dry. Here in Vermont we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of fun. I can't wait to add the 40 to this list later this spring.
Bill

Back