Why you stopped posting.

You've questioned my having private correspondence before and have been proven wrong, but let me assure you, it goes way beyond the mere challenging ideas.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No, actually it doesn't, because that is precisely what went on. Those guys liked when the could post anti-Muslim, or anti-poor, or anti-Obama rhetoric here and everyone agreed or stayed silent.

Again, ironic that the anti-PC, speak your mind crowd got so butt hurt over having opposing points of view posted here.

Jeff I don't know what forum you are referring to but the EXACT OPPOSITE is what happened. This place is OBVIOUSLY ran by libs. The fact that there had to be poll about the paddock is proof positive of that (and the immaturity of certain members. go run to daddy boys). This place went to the birds as you like to imply when all of your like minded members realized that the facts were AGAINST THEM and people like myself and BOB constantly reminding them of it (backed with RECENT STUDIES) didn't help. If you guys had never railed so hard about how right you THOUGHT you were and than the subsequent PATHETIC CRY FOR HELP TO DADDY than I am sure BOB would have never gone full tilt. Not that he needs any help but he was not so active when it was me BLASTING you guys and I having lived through enough of your guys nonsense and refusal to admit the truth that I honestly don't want to relive that ordeal again. Its like version 2.0. First it was me and now it's BOB!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Jeff I don't know what forum you are referring to but the EXACT OPPOSITE is what happened. This place is OBVIOUSLY ran by libs.

I can positively guarantee you are wrong in that "this place" is run by liberals. I alone run the forum and I can assure you I'm not a liberal.

I ran a poll about the paddock because I'm an inquisitive scientist and I am genuinely interested to see what users of the forum thought about the paddock, both left and right alike. What was the effect on the end user? None, the paddock is still active and you're still free to post whatever you'd like down here.

If you don't like the forum please feel free to go elsewhere.

Ron

Oh Ron I wasn't trying to say that YOU push an agenda but some other moderators /sure do (as is the case when ever I post NEW STUDIES about hybrids) and lets face it the forum rules are there for any and all to see so there should have NEVER been a poll in the first place. You placated to a group and as a result NOTHING CHANGED and now some are calling for the outright banishment of the paddock all together. To be fair and impartial don't you think that you should have forced ALL members to participate in a blind poll which would reassure that it wasn't a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil ( I know that you have a life outside of here and this wasn't a top priority)? It just seems as if that poll was destined to show the outcome it did as it was in response to those who have issue with the paddock in the first place. I will take your hint though and move on untill I join the owner ranks. By to all .... FOR NOW!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
To be fair and impartial don't you think that you should have forced ALL members to participate in a blind poll which would reassure that it wasn't a case of the squeeky wheel getting the oil?

Of course I do but I never thought the software would allow it. Now I'm interested to find out if it can. Off to check the forum software to see if this is possible.

EDIT PS - Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are a liberal, conservative, or any other flavor. It simply means on that particular issue they disagree with you.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron I have said it before and will again. Thanks for running a great Forum and for putting up with the crap you obviously get from all sides.
Good on you Mate.:thumbsup:

Of course, the Liberal crap is the worst.
Ron, I'm grateful you keep a level head through all this conflagration. I enjoy the Paddock, just ávoid things that don't interest me, political point-scoring, Pete, etc. (only prodding you, Pete, now get back to polishing your cars).

Pat

Supporter
This seems somehow approptiate. Unfortunately, the author is unknown:

The Essential Difference between an Argument and a Debate.

An argument is a war of words
A debate is an exchange of views
An argument is debilitating
A debate is edifying
An argumentative person tries to depreciate the other’s point of view
A debater strives to appreciate the other’s point of view
An argument is exhausting and tiring
A debate is elevating and inspiring
An argument leads to one being cross with the other person
A debate is getting one’s view across to the other person
Arguing is a mode of aggression
Debating is a mode of expression
An argument leads to a clash of egos
A debate leads to a meeting of minds
An argument leads to verbal fights
A debate leads to useful insights
An argument is looking down on other person
Debating is being on the level with other person
An argumentative person is either insecure or over confident
A debater is neither, he is just self-assured
An argument leads to confusion of purpose
A debate leads to diffusion of ideas
An argument is more about proving the other person wrong
A debate is more about finding where the other person is right
In an argument one’s emotions take over
In a debate one’s feelings are held in check
An argument is an attempt to change the other’s view
A debate is an effort to absorb the other’s truth
An argument leads to a no-win situation
A debate leads to a win-win situation
At the end of the argument you will be shaking your fists
At the end of a debate you will be shaking hands

I don't post much on the paddock these days. I think maybe I enjoyed the debating but the arguing just wasn't as appealing.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I'm grateful you keep a level head through all this conflagration. I enjoy the Paddock, just ávoid things that don't interest me, political point-scoring, Pete, etc. (only prodding you, Pete, now get back to polishing your cars).

LOL :laugh: I haven't got many left to polish. Traded three of them in and now have some room in the garage.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Dalton,

This is kind of interesting, when I first read your post, I thought you must not be a very obsevant person, as obviously the "conservative crap is the worst".

That got me thinking.......

We all look at things from our vantage point.

From my point of view the conservatives here are rude, call people names and only look positively at arguments that support their views.

But it's apparent that you think liberals are rude, call people names and only look positively at arguments that support their views.

A good example of this....

A few weeks back, folks here were implying that it is really just one person here that causes all the problems. I absolutely agreed.

But the funny part is I was sure we were all talking about Bob......

I was more than a little surprised when it came out that the conservatives all felt the problem person was Jeff

And the liberals all thought the problem person was Bob.

Kind of interesting, no?

Last edited:
Dalton,

This is kind of interesting, when I first read your post, I thought you must not be a very obsevant person, as obviously the "conservative crap is the worst".

That got me thinking.......

We all look at things from our vantage point.

From my point of view the conservatives here are rude, call people names and only look positively at arguments that support their views.

But it's apparent that you think liberals are rude, call people names and only look positively at arguments that support their views.

A good example of this....

A few weeks back, folks here were implying that it is really just one person here that causes all the problems. I absolutely agreed.

But the funny part is I was sure we were all talking about Bob......

I was more than a little surprised when it came out that the conservatives all felt the problem person was Jeff

And the liberals all thought the problem person was Bob.

Kind of interesting, no?
no....:happy:

Back