Aussie RCR T70 capers

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Sunoco colours " I never thought of that -- seriously.
Its a mates rates paint job and if you squint a lot and stand back a bit, it looks pretty good :blank:

The pipes are ceramic coated in and out (cost about $400 aud )
Appologies Keith -- Bling is not me either , but people like to see bling these days and they were going rusty due to lack of use and they cost about $5K initially so something had to be done

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Love the sound of this thing, grid girls go week at the knees and the boys think its some kinda big block.
Sounds like a Black Angus in mating season :laugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXv3qegj8c]Chris RCR T70 MP 006 - YouTube[/ame]

Bloody phone --was ringing the missus (camera person) to tell her to try a bit more zoom and focus --but it was too late

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
DONE ! -- A good wash, some wax and plenty of stickers --finally

Attachments

• RCR T70 painted 001 (Small).jpg
    RCR T70 painted 001 (Small).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 459
Looking very good in the sunshine Chris, putting on the emblem feels kind of the final touch doesn't it?

Only a few things to do know: get it on a boat to France an come along for the anual trip to le-mans.

Do you plan on a front lip/spoiler?

Grtz thomas

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Its about as flash as a rat with a gold tooth in the sunshine :laugh:- Thomas
and the trip to Le Mans sounds mighty inviting too -- if only I was rich and famous again ( not that I ever was )

A front splitter , rear wing, lopey cam and trumpets would finish her off just nicely --- enter the "to do" list

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Couple of pics from "2 days of thunder" --only missadventure was a punctured tyre

Attachments

• 2 days of thunder 2013 007 (Small).jpg
    2 days of thunder 2013 007 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 2 days of thunder 2013 008 (Small).jpg
    2 days of thunder 2013 008 (Small).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 2 days of thunder 2013 009 (Small).jpg
    2 days of thunder 2013 009 (Small).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 370

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We don't do in car footage John, --too incriminating :laugh:
Pete --A big weekend for all us tappet head bogans -- the most entertaining would be the Trans Am red necks in their rowdy ol' Camaros -- and Mustangs --even the Kiwis came over to show us how to rub the bloody shiny paint off
12 Hours of racing Saturday and another 8 on Sunday --Muscle car challenge, Cobra / GT40 sprints, sports sedans, group N a Porsche challenge 911s, GT3s, 962s etc and the big show and shine

Track Photos | Regularity

Chris hope you don't mind the highjack... but more pics of the event here of the Cobras and GT40's Track Photos | Cobra/GT40 Challenge

Their were about 15 cobras on track and 3 GT40's plus 3 more in the S&S and 2 GT40's in the S&S.

It was a great weekend of motorsport with genuine door to door racing and great weather.

Still has me stuffed why an event that caters for both the waxers and racers we only get only 3 cobras turn up on the Sunday for the show and shine and 2 GT40's. Perfect weather, heaps to see and do and great atmosphere to see what the Cobra/GT40 guys can do on track.

There is some discussions as to whether this event will be on next year for the GT40/cobra guys.... I hope it is but I'd really like to see some more genuine interclub cobra/gt40 participation...

Dunno why its never happens...!

Chris your car looked stout and went like the clappers.... as usual.

Matt

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
No worries Matty, glad to see you put in a full weekend and hope to meet you on track one day:shifty:
Your Cobra has a very sharp bark .--- love it!
May be next year we can have a sports car race, Can Am era big bangers

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Entered for a race this coming weekend
brakes were experiencing severe pad knock off --a rear rotor had about a .030" buckle init --so hopefully the new rotors are up to the challenge along with new gearbox

Attachments

• new willwood rotors (Small).jpg
    new willwood rotors (Small).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 303
Back