CamT's build thread

Seat belt clip?
Winner winner chicken dinner! That didn't take long ...

My harnesses have a bunch of extra length on the part that wraps around the harness bar. I've been using zip ties to keep things tidy but really didn't like the look. I figured this would be a neat project for getting my feet wet with learning the basics of the modeling program (fusion 360) and getting it printed. Turned out pretty well I think!

Before:

After:

Cam, have you installed your Tesla parking brake calipers yet? If so, how wide spacer did it take to fit over the 30mm rotors?
I mean spacer to widen the calipers.

Hey Johan,
I’m still playing with the caliper bracket, trying to get the caliper located just right. However, I don’t need to run a spacer between the caliper halves to fit over the stock rotor width. I’m on holidays but when I get back I’ll measure the pad to pad separation to inform what the max rotor width is for this setup.

Great Cam, I just recieved the switch from Jon Haas and expecting the Tesla calipers within a week. Don’t think the RCR supplied parking brake setup will pass inspection here.

Joel K

Supporter
Hi Cam,

Have a question for you, I am installing the ball joints and mine look similar to yours and wondering if you had to trim the edge of the front ball joint plate down to clear the rotors? It mentions this in the manual and wonder if you had to do this adjustment.

I have included this pic of your suspension with a yellow arrow pointing to the area of concern. Thanks for your help.

A606224C-012C-452C-B8F2-208D44378925.jpeg

Hi Cam,

Have a question for you, I am installing the ball joints and mine look similar to yours and wondering if you had to trim the edge of the front ball joint plate down to clear the rotors? It mentions this in the manual and wonder if you had to do this adjustment.

I have included this pic of your suspension with a yellow arrow pointing to the area of concern. Thanks for your help.
some balljoints need to be cut, some don't, depends on the manufacturer - different ones have different over-hang.