Conspiracy?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
There are many more Fox "mistakes"

BFFs? Fox News Plays Wrong Clip, Making Mitt Romney’s ‘Best Friend’ Barack Obama

video
by Nando Di Fino | 10:16 am, December 19th, 2011
» 21 comments <IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 24px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaite.com%2Ftv%2Fbffs-fox-news-plays-wrong-clip-making-mitt-romneys-best-friend-barack-obama%2F&layout=standard&show-faces=false&width=525&action=like&font=arial&colorscheme=light" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>
On Monday morning’s America’s Newsroom, host Bill Hemmer was speaking on Mitt Romney‘s viability as a candidate. Hemmer mentioned that Romney was interviewed by Chris Wallace on Sunday, and, in the course of the discussion, Hemmer noted that, “at the end of that interview, Chris gave Romney the opportunity to talk about his personal life, which is frankly something we don’t hear an awful lot about. Here is Romney on his relationship with his best friend…”

Fine, Jim, you've got a hard on for Fox, obviously.

The reality is that, Fox or no Fox, Conservatives have never wanted Romney.

I never saw the above situations, I'm betting no one I know saw it. We don't waste a lot of time watching TV.

Now let's compare a little suffling of pictures from Fox compared to the kind of treatment any Conservative gets from, oh let's say, the NY Times.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Bob,

I do not see you admitting you were wrong!
I do not see you admitting that Fox did exchange the photos!
I do not see you apologizing to me!

OK Bob time to man up!

Gee Bob,

Trying to change the subject?

It will not work.

This thread is about Fox "news" subtlety and not so subtley doing what they can to keep Romney, the only candidate with any chance of winning in November out of the running.

You accused me of making this up and photo shopping the photos.

Now that is it obvious that you were wrong, did you admit you were wrong, or apologize, NO!!!!

YOU CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you would not "man up"

I don't think you're clever enough to photoshop, but are gullible enough to buy into it. If it happened, it certainly didn't do much to sway anyone one way or the other.

But let's go with your paranoid assumption, Hear ye, hear ye, Fox News is trying to sabatoge Romney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll call your Romney and raise you a hear ye, hear ye, the entire mainstream media is trying to sabotage Conservatism.

Not much ether one of us can do about either event.

But, you are such a clever boy!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
NOW..........

Fox news distorts a chart that shows unemployment up. when unemployment is actually going down. That last data point on this chart should be the lowest! And should show a significant drop!

Fox news continually distorts the truth, how can anyone watch or defend this type of activity!

Fox News Unemployment Graphic

• December 15, 2011 12:07 pm PT

Note how the 8.6 percent unemployment rate in November looks higher than March's 8.8 percent rate, and about the same as the 9 percent unemployment rate in October.

• <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = G /><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" size="tall" callback="plusoneCallback"><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" count="false" size="medium" callback="plusoneCallback">
    498f085420caa3fd35855d1792a922eb.png

In this Fox News graphic of the unemployment rate 8.6% appears to be a greater number than 8.8%. Credit: Think Progress

Just in this week, they showed Obamas picture when it should be Romnies, they show the wrong tape that makes it look like Obama is Romnies best friend and now this chart!!!!!

Fox news are criminally lying to you and missleading you, only stupid folks could repeatedly fall for this type of activity.

No one here is that stupid, are you? Can anyone defend this activity?</G:pLUSONE></G:pLUSONE>

Last edited:
NOW..........

Fox news distorts a chart that shows unemployment up. when unemployment is actually going down. That last data point on this chart should be the lowest! And should show a significant drop!

Fox news continually distorts the truth, how can anyone watch or defend this type of activity!

Fox News Unemployment Graphic

• December 15, 2011 12:07 pm PT

Note how the 8.6 percent unemployment rate in November looks higher than March's 8.8 percent rate, and about the same as the 9 percent unemployment rate in October.

• <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = G /><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" size="tall" callback="plusoneCallback"><G:pLUSONE count="false" href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" size="medium" callback="plusoneCallback">

In this Fox News graphic of the unemployment rate 8.6% appears to be a greater number than 8.8%. Credit: Think Progress

Just in this week, they showed Obamas picture when it should be Romnies, they show the wrong tape that makes it look like Obama is Romnies best friend and now this chart!!!!!

Fox news are criminally lying to you and missleading you, only stupid folks could repeatedly fall for this type of activity.

No one here is that stupid, are you? Can anyone defend this activity?</G:pLUSONE></G:pLUSONE>
hahaha It's clearly printed 8.8% and then 8.6%.... Jim I think you're becoming unglued:laugh:

Jim, It's the numbers, not the lines, get a grip. Look at the liberal ads about oil in Alaska, beautiful mountains and lakes that will be disturbed, not the flat barren desolate actual place of drilling, now that's misleading. MSNBC makes appologies and retractions all the time for stupid editing of statements to mislead. Cock your head when you look at the graph it willl make you feel better. Numbers, numbers, that math stuff you had in grade school.

Guys, if you want a good listen, try Chicago's AM radio station on 820 medium wave (AM). Its the progressive station, call letters WCTP (I think). I listened to them about 30 minutes last night (Goldman show?), and found his retoric incredible. But he did say some good things which I would agree to.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Craig, Tom,

Yes it is the numbers, unless you choose to show those numbers in chart form!

If you are going to use a chart, then the chart lines should conform to the numbers.

As you can see over the last year, the unemployment rate was highest in June, at 9.2%. Now up until November (the last month shown), the lowest unemployment rate was March at 8.8%.

Now Craig and TomP, if the November unemployment rate is 8.6% (the lowest of the year), why is is at the same level as October at 9.0% and not the lowest of the year?

And why is it not lower than the previous lowest unemployment of 8.8% in March?

Shouldn't the last line on this chart be slanted steeply down, not level?

The only way that line is level is if Fox are lying sacks of crap and trying to misslead you.

These charts make these lines automatically, the Fox liers had to go back and manually change the chart to misslead folks!

Obviously they have misslead Craig and TomP

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = G /><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" size="tall" callback="plusoneCallback"><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" count="false" size="medium" callback="plusoneCallback">

</G:pLUSONE></G:pLUSONE><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" size="tall" callback="plusoneCallback"><G:pLUSONE href="http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/fox-news-unemployment-graphic-photo" count="false" size="medium" callback="plusoneCallback"></G:pLUSONE></G:pLUSONE>

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
As fellow GT40 enthusiasts, I think you are all great guys.

As political commentators, I think you are all crazy. The one thing I DO agree with is that Fox "News" is hopelessly biased and malignant. They don't even represent their own point of view effectively. They specialize in making money (which is their prime objective) by preaching loudly to the already converted. What a joke.

Bob and Jim, you guys ought to give it a rest. Either than or go live on a desert island together for a week, we'll come back and pick up whoever survives.

As fellow GT40 enthusiasts, I think you are all great guys.

As political commentators, I think you are all crazy. The one thing I DO agree with is that Fox "News" is hopelessly biased and malignant. They don't even represent their own point of view effectively. They specialize in making money (which is their prime objective) by preaching loudly to the already converted. What a joke.

Bob and Jim, you guys ought to give it a rest. Either than or go live on a desert island together for a week, we'll come back and pick up whoever survives.

Nobody says anything when ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC says something that can be construed as bias, which happens quite often. If Fox diagrees with Obama's policies Jim says they are hateful, you say malignant. It's just a view that opposes your view, who decides who's right or wrong? Not even the voters, it's just the flavor of the day! We will find out which flavor in November.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

We are not even talking about bias here, Tom just in the last week Fox has given completely wrong information.

Instead if Romney the showed an Obama photo, then they have the nerve to say, "it turns out that Romney and Obama are not the same person".

Then the talk about Romeys "best friend" then they run the wrong tape, making it appear that Obama is Romneys best friend.

Then they show this chart that makes it appear that unemployment has not changed, when it really was down to the lowest number of the year.

OK Tom,

Fox is just one network, why don't you give us some examples in the last week where the FIVE Networks you mentioned have given completely wrong data.

I'll bet the Fox people have been watching this debate since it began years ago with healthcare and deliberately put Obama's picture where Romney should have been !!!

Thanks Fox News for the mistake !!

Tom,

We are not even talking about bias here, Tom just in the last week Fox has given completely wrong information.

Instead if Romney the showed an Obama photo, then they have the nerve to say, "it turns out that Romney and Obama are not the same person".

Then the talk about Romeys "best friend" then they run the wrong tape, making it appear that Obama is Romneys best friend.

Then they show this chart that makes it appear that unemployment has not changed, when it really was down to the lowest number of the year.

OK Tom,

Fox is just one network, why don't you give us some examples in the last week where the FIVE Networks you mentioned have given completely wrong data.

Jim, If you believe that ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN, never make mistakes, I sure as hell am not going to change your mind. One that just pops into my head is CBS and Dan Rather with four other employee that were asked to leave for fabricating a story about Bush's National Guard Service. Everyone screws up, some on purpose, welcome to the world. You seem to think that some evil sinister force surrounds Fox. It's just an opposing view, pretty dull without one.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

First Fox did not make mistakes, those things were done on purpose!

You said that those five Networks do those things "often", I asked you to give us just one from the last week, even the last month.

You make the big search.............what do you come up with?

Tom, you go back to September 2004, over seven years ago!!!

Yea right!

Tom Dan Rather got it wrong about the President and people lost their jobs.

Tom, by your standard all of Fox news should be fired.........BUT DO THEY?

NO, in your world, getting it wrong about the President gets you a gig on fox and friends.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, for your example you have to go back seven years and you pick an event where there were consequences for getting it wrong. Those news services have standards, they did the right thing.

Tom, what will Fox do the whose who did these three "things"?

I'm thinking..............................NOTHING!!!

Tom,

Some networks have standards, some networks very much want to get it right and some do not! Thanks for pointing out the obvious differance.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, how about for a slightly different view?

IMHO, Fox News? Network has a radical conservative agenda. Romney is not radical enough for FN?N's agenda, so they are trying everything they can to derail the Romney campaign, even using subliminal messaging such as INTENTIONALLY substituting Obama's photo for Romney's. FN?N has a vested interest in making sure the radical conservative agenda is promoted, so naturally they are going to distort or even intentionally misrepresent what a more moderate candidate (i.e.--Romney) stands for, would do as a future president, even his likeness.

FN?N's agenda has been clear ever since they pronounced themselves the self-appointed opposition to Obama's candidacy, not to mention his presidency. Their lineup of comentators and talking heads, very few if any of which even have any political experience (which makes them no more qualified to espouse their opinions than are you and I and the rest of us on this forum...excluding those who have held a political position), constantly derides not only Obama, who has bent over backwards to help this country avoid gridlock on the political front, but also the entire centrist population, not to mention the left-of-center.

In their maniacal race to make sure that a Radical Conservative is elected, FN?N doesn't even have the sense to realize that if Romney is well behind Obama in the current polls, the more radical Republicans will be even further behind. Should those more radical Republicans become the party's ticket, that would almost certainly (IMHO) ensure the re-election of Obama.

Of course, FN?N would still maintain the radical conservative viewership...and even those are too few to oust Obama from office, they are enough, apparently, to support a commercial enterprise such as a small, 3rd class TV network.

I'd say let's support FN?N in their efforts, but as I mentioned before the U.S. needs the best both parties have to offer in order to make a decent decision in a little over 10 months. While I think I stand already, I'm willing to listen to whatever the Republicans offer...already I've sort of softened my view on Gingrich based on what kinds of things he's saying now compared to the more hard-line approach he had before, although I don't think he has a real chance of being the Republican candidate in 2012 (and, given that he allowed his fat-cat cronies to hold benefit events to pay his fines when censured by congress, I would never vote for him, anyway...not the kind of weasel I want in the White House).

The radical conservative movement is SO tied up in their efforts to oust Obama that they will listen to whatever drivel FN?N offers and believe it. It's called "...drinking the kool-aid"...and for good reason. The last time a group of people in Jonestown "...drank the kool-aid", it was the kiss of death for most of them....perhaps this is all just the radical conservative movement's way of displaying their self-destructive urges?

Cheers!

Doug

Tom, for your example you have to go back seven years and you pick an event where there were consequences for getting it wrong. Those news services have standards, they did the right thing.

Tom, what will Fox do the whose who did these three "things"?

I'm thinking..............................NOTHING!!!

Tom,

Some networks have standards, some networks very much want to get it right and some do not! Thanks for pointing out the obvious differance.

They didn't get it wrong, they fabricated the story. There are plenty of instances, I'm not going to look each one up. Your stations slant to the left and Fox slants towards the right. Much news isn't even covered if it doesn't meet the slant. I am not going to argue further with you about this, you are unable to find a middle ground, it's black or white with you. Your paranoia about Obama is rediculous. :lipsrsealed:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The difference between Fox and everyone else is this: Fox is not a news network. They are a for-profit entertainment company whose first purpose is to make a lot of money and second purpose is to promote the agenda of Roger Ailes, who is an evil scumbag. "Fair and balanced" is about as accurate as a sleazy used car dealer who calls himself "Honest Abe" Ridiculous. The GOP and the conservatives deserve better spokespeople for their points of view than Fox, who are dishonest and corrupt.

All media companies have some kind of bias, and it isn't limited to "right versus left" NPR, which I listen to a lot, infuriates me regularly with inaccuracies of one kind or another. But- and this is the key part here- most respectable journalistic outlets have a self-acknowledged responsibility to present both sides of things and to try to approximate the truth in their reporting.

Fox is different. All they care about is viewership numbers and making a lot of money. They will slant their message in the direction of stirring up the most controversy, because that's what keeps their numbers up. They deliberately hire people who promote hate speech and do so gleefully. There are plenty of journalists who have conservative political opinions and argue them in a reasonable way. Fox and their mouthpieces are not among them. There is plenty about the conservative point of view that I respect, and much with which I agree, despite being a Democrat all my life, AND an Obama supporter, but the world would be far better off without Fox "News". Not that it's going anywhere, unfortunately.

The GOP missed out on nominating some of their best folks, for whatever reasons. (like Mitch Daniels) And, for reasons I can't figure out, the soundest candidates are not doing well- like Huntsman. Ron Paul is a bigot and a demagogue, Gingrich is dishonest and can't keep a thought in his head for more than ten seconds, Perry and Bachmann aren't electable IMHO, which leaves Romney. Romney seems to resemble a GOP John Kerry; it's not much of an achievement to be nominated because your party decides you are the "least worst" of the available field, but that's where he's headed.

Back