Conspiracy?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jimbo, I tried to figure out which part of your post to quote in formulating a response, but was unsuccessful...would have had to quote the entire post.

I can't remember reading a post that more succinctly described what is going on with FN?N. You have the firmest grasp yet of exactly what I have been saying, that FN?N is NOT a news network (that's why I ALWAYS put the ? behind the "news" portion of "FN?N", to reflect my sincere doubt that they are really a news network. They are an entertainment organization, and as I said there will always be plenty of radical conservatives to listen to their drivel and support them.

They are truly a 3rd class TV network, and they are doing everything they can to maintain their "viewership" by emphasizing the extreme. Beck, Hannity, even Van Sustren, they all blow things out of proportion, as well as intentionally distorting the truth, in that effort to maintain their base of financial support (OK, I know Beck "bowed out".....he's just the best historical example of their extremism, so I included him in the lineup of miscreants).

Congratulations on having expressed so clearly the truth...so sad that the radical conservatives can't see the forest for the trees :thumbsdown:.

Cheers!

Doug

The difference between Fox and everyone else is this: Fox is not a news network. They are a for-profit entertainment company whose first purpose is to make a lot of money and second purpose is to promote the agenda of Roger Ailes, who is an evil scumbag. "Fair and balanced" is about as accurate as a sleazy used car dealer who calls himself "Honest Abe" Ridiculous. The GOP and the conservatives deserve better spokespeople for their points of view than Fox, who are dishonest and corrupt.

All media companies have some kind of bias, and it isn't limited to "right versus left" NPR, which I listen to a lot, infuriates me regularly with inaccuracies of one kind or another. But- and this is the key part here- most respectable journalistic outlets have a self-acknowledged responsibility to present both sides of things and to try to approximate the truth in their reporting.

Fox is different. All they care about is viewership numbers and making a lot of money. They will slant their message in the direction of stirring up the most controversy, because that's what keeps their numbers up. They deliberately hire people who promote hate speech and do so gleefully. There are plenty of journalists who have conservative political opinions and argue them in a reasonable way. Fox and their mouthpieces are not among them. There is plenty about the conservative point of view that I respect, and much with which I agree, despite being a Democrat all my life, AND an Obama supporter, but the world would be far better off without Fox "News". Not that it's going anywhere, unfortunately.

The GOP missed out on nominating some of their best folks, for whatever reasons. (like Mitch Daniels) And, for reasons I can't figure out, the soundest candidates are not doing well- like Huntsman. Ron Paul is a bigot and a demagogue, Gingrich is dishonest and can't keep a thought in his head for more than ten seconds, Perry and Bachmann aren't electable IMHO, which leaves Romney. Romney seems to resemble a GOP John Kerry; it's not much of an achievement to be nominated because your party decides you are the "least worst" of the available field, but that's where he's headed.

Of course Fox is a news network, a cable news network, and if you are naive enough to believe that the "left networks'" ABC,CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN are in the news business for the good of mankind and not to make money you are mistaken. Fox news has 2 1/2 to 3 times the viewers of its closeset competitor. At any given time the rest of the networks are teetering on the brink of oblivion. Fox is a right leaning network, I dont have a problem with that. The rest are left leaning and report only what serves their agenda, I don't have a problem with that, I don't say they are hateful, etc, etc. If you don't like Fox, don't watch it! Simple! Don't whine about it!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Fox has 2 to 3 times the viewers because for the most part liberals have more education and more world exposure, they see MSNBC for what it is and do not watch.

Most Fox viewers like you are easly fooled and think it is news and believe their lies!

That is the root of the problem.

Tom, Domtoni, excluding MSNBC, as they lie like Fox, please give us a few instances where ABC, CBS or NBC have made up stuff or lied.

Try and stay in the last few months!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
For you Fox viewers, here is the Fox chart and below is the chart put out by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that they Quote as their source.

foxchart.jpg

The actual chart of 2011 unemployment looks like this:
chart2.jpg
'

OK Fox viewers, can you pick out the differance?

For you Fox viewers, here is the Fox chart and below is the chart put out by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that they Quote as their source.

foxchart.jpg

The actual chart of 2011 unemployment looks like this:
chart2.jpg
'

OK Fox viewers, can you pick out the differance?

Jim, the numbers are the same, except the charts scales are different. Look at the numbers. Where's the lie?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, the numbers are the same, except the charts scales are different. Look at the numbers. Where's the lie?

Domtoni, I really though you were smarter and more obsevant than that!

Its the last space on the chart, from October to November, the unemployment rate declined to the lowest rate of the year, when a number declines, a chart line should show a decline. In this case it should be below the lowest previous point on the chart in March.

Dom,

The Fox chart does not go down!!!!

Domtoni, if they had just used numbers, there would be no problem, but they chose to show a chart.

A chart is used as it gives an easy visual referance, making it so at a glace, you can tell the trends.

Fox used a chart that missreprisents the trend, thats a lie.

Domtoni, if you glanced at the Fox chart, would you know that the unemployment rate had dropped to the lowest point of the year?

When you look at the BLS chart (in white), there is a steep downward slant.

Fox chose to ignore the downward slant as they do not want you to think that things are getting better under Obama!

Domtoni, Tom, did they teach you about chart reading when you were in school?

They say that folks who watch Fox are not too smart or observant, it appears that they are right.

Last edited:
Domtoni, I really though you were smarter and more obsevant than that!

Its the last space on the chart, from October to November, the unemployment rate declined to the lowest rate of the year, when a number declines, a chart line should show a decline. In this case it should be below the lowest previous point on the chart in March.

Dom,

The Fox chart does not go down!!!!

Domtoni, if they had just used numbers, there would be no problem, but they chose to show a chart.

A chart is used as it gives an easy visual referance, making it so at a glace, you can tell the trends.

Fox used a chart that missreprisents the trend, thats a lie.

Domtoni, if you glanced at the Fox chart, would you know that the unemployment rate had dropped to the lowest point of the year?

When you look at the BLS chart (in white), there is a steep downward slant.

Fox chose to ignore the downward slant as they do not want you to think that things are getting better under Obama!

Domtoni, Tom, did they teach you about chart reading when you were in school?

They say that folks who watch Fox are not too smart or observant, it appears that they are right.

Jim, for someone that has superior intelligence to us lowly mortals , you sure are dense. If the Fox chart were only lines, it would have no meaning. It's the numbers that give it meaning. I really glad I'm not as smart as you. Geeeez! :dead:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim I'm afraid Tom has got you there, your chart shows a deeper down trend in unemployment because it is over a shorter time frame. But the numbers are the same.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, Tom, you are both wrong!!!

First, It's not my chart, it is the bureau of labor statistics chart.

It covers the exact same time period as the Fox chart, from Jan 1 2011 to Nov 30th 2011.

Pete on the fox chart, the lowest point is April when the unemployment rate was 8.8%

Now Fox and the BLS Both agree that the November # is 8.6%

Now Pete and Tom, I think you will agree that 8.6% is less than 8.8%....... Right.

So on both charts, the Nov# 8.6% should be the lowest number on both charts......right

It is the lowest number on the BLS Chart as it should be!

But the Fox chart has 8.6% on the same line as 9.0 in Oct and higher than the 8.8 in March.

Splain that Lucy!

Pete, Tom, you are both wrong!!!

First, It's not my chart, it is the bureau of labor statistics chart.

It covers the exact same time period as the Fox chart, from Jan 1 2011 to Nov 30th 2011.

Pete on the fox chart, the lowest point is April when the unemployment rate was 8.8%

Now Fox and the BLS Both agree that the November # is 8.6%

Now Pete and Tom, I think you will agree that 8.6% is less than 8.8%....... Right.

So on both charts, the Nov# 8.6% should be the lowest number on both charts......right

It is the lowest number on the BLS Chart as it should be!

But the Fox chart has 8.6% on the same line as 9.0 in Oct and higher than the 8.8 in March.

Splain that Lucy!

Real sloooooow Jim, 8.6 percennnnnt isssssssss 4/10 of a percennnnnt lowwwwwwer thannnnn 9.0 percennnnnt.......If the line went up vertical from 9.0 percennnt withhh 8.6 at the top it would still be minus 4/10 of a percent. If you were initially mislead by this............................. blame a teacher. :shrug:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, Pete you are both absolutely wrong!

The BLS chart, is correct, the spacing of the vertical numbers is greater but they both show essentially the same data over the same time period.

I have $100 that says I'm right about the fox chart, the November data point should be the lowest point on the chart! Just as it is on the correct BLS chart!

Anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is?

Last edited:
Tom, Pete you are both absolutely wrong!

The BLS chart, is correct, the spacing of the vertical members is greater but they both show essentially the same data over the same time period.

I have $100 that says I'm right about the fox chart, the November data point should be the lowest point on the chart! Just as it is on the correct BLS chart!

Anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is?

Were you fooled by the graph? Hopeless..................................

Attachments

• granite.jpg
    granite.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 132

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Here is a chart that uses essentually the same scale as the Fox chart for you scale chalanged folks.
us-unemployment2011.png

Do you see that since the November number of 8.6 is the lowest of the year, it is correctly shown on this chart as the lowest of the year.

Tom, you say I'm wrong, then you should be ok with a $100 bet!

Your not chicken are you?

Here is a chart that uses essentually the same scale as the Fox chart for you scale chalanged folks.
us-unemployment2011.png

Do you see that since the November number of 8.6 is the lowest of the year, it iscorrectly shown on this chart as the lowest of the year.

Tom, you say I'm wrong, then you should be ok with a $100 bet!

Your not chicken are you?

I saw that 8.6 was lowest on the other graph. Nothing to bet about , I doubt that anyone was mislead by that graph and if they were they would have been baffled by any graph. You are hopeless!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Come on Tom, if I'm wrong and "hopless" why don't you bet with me. I have $100 that says the Fox chart shows the October, November data incorrectly.

Tom, come on big talker, put your money where your mouth is!

You too Pete, I'll pay in Ausi $

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I saw that 8.6 was lowest on the other graph. Nothing to bet about , I doubt that anyone was mislead by that graph and if they were they would have been baffled by any graph. You are hopeless!

So now you are saying you doubt that anyone was misslead by the missleading fox graph!

You mean no one outside of you and Pete?

What is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and repetitive, ritualized behaviors you feel compelled to perform. If you have OCD, you probably recognize that your obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors are irrational – but even so, you feel unable to resist them and break free.

Like a needle getting stuck on an old record, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) causes the brain to get stuck on a particular thought or urge. For example, you may check the stove twenty times to make sure it’s really turned off, wash your hands until they’re scrubbed raw, or drive around for hours to make sure that the bump you heard while driving wasn’t a person you ran over.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
At the end of the day, the best part of all this is, even if Fox tries to hide it.........

The unemployment rate of 8.6% is the lowest rate in the last two years. The economy is starting to turn around! I think that type of good news should not be hidden by missleading charts.

Back