F1 2009

Keith

Waaahay! :drunk:

Paris 1030 BST

Now Ferrari, McLaren et al have got a REAL struggle ahead of them!!! :thumbsup:

Never mind the bollix - just get on with it!!!

Subject: Ferrari Formula 1 - Pit Crew
News flash :
The Ferrari Formula 1 team fired their entire pit crew today. The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the UK Government's Youth Opportunity Scheme and employ people from deprived areas.

The decision to hire them followed a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from the Liverpool area were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of Euros worth of high tech equipment. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari thought they had the advantage over every team. However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for.

At the first practice session, the Liverpool pit crew successfully changed the wheels in less than 6 seconds, but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged, and sold the vehicle to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of Stella lager, a kilo of crack cocaine and some photos of Felipe Massa's girlfriend in the shower.....

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Diffusers are legal.... the situation was a farce no matter which way the decision went. The FIA caused this by not being consistent with it's scrutineering of designs when they were submitted months ago.
More free publicity I suppose...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Flav has lashed out at the two Brawn drivers - one being called a Baracarro and the other a virtual retiree and furthermore, he thinks the championship will be decided in another three or four races. He advises fans who watch it on TV to find something else to do. It sounds like the Renault diffuser is a bit of a handful and not coming near the so called "diffuser three".

Baracarro: Concrete post - roadside.

david,

A little bit off the thread here but did you attend the DTM tset session in France last week? if yes I would appreciate your opinion on Olivers efforts

Iain

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Iain, It was family funeral up in Perth (Scotland) and then as it was so close to Easter and the inevitable French farmer/fisherman/lorrydriver strike/blockade/go slow it didn't happen.
As yet, Audi M/sport have confirmed the 24h but the DTM, I'm told, maybe a last minute thing. I'm actually quite happy at the moment though, as I have a zillion things to sort out and now I'm beginning to relish the thought of a summer off.
I'll ask discreetly about Oliver and pm you when I get some feedback.
Dave
ps - it was the f/trawlermen and they blockaded the port of Calais. Usual chaos here with trucks parked on the motorways approaching Dover and some of the motorways inevitably closed. What joy........

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
18 Apr 2009 Pre-race weights & provisional grid - top three running light

<!-- ArticleBodyStart -->For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel loads. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session.

Below is the provisional grid for China with each car's weight. Note - Toyota’s Timo Glock has dropped from 14th to 19th after his gearbox change.

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 644kg
2. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 637
3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 646.5
4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 661
5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 659
6. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 664.5
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 650.5
8. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 673.5
9. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 679
10. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 673
11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 679
12. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 697
13. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 690
14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 682.7
15. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 690
16. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 697.9
17. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 659
18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 648
19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 652
20. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 679.5

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
BBC'S SPORT'S FUEL-ADJUSTED GRID (with projected race first pit stops*)
1 Barrichello (lap 16)
2 Button (lap 15)
3 Trulli (lap 16)
4 Vettel (lap 10)
5 Webber (lap 11)
6 Alonso (lap 8/9)
7 Raikkonen (lap 19)
8 Rosberg (lap 12)
9 Hamilton (lap 20)
10 Buemi (lap 19)
* Calculated on the weight of fuel left in cars after qualifying had finished

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ah yes but because it's wet, and will probably stay so throughout the race, that all becomes a bit academic. Lets see who can execute their strategy successfully.
Very agressive first short stint on the full wets , long middle stint, then a "splash and go" would be my choice. Alonso may have it just right.

10 minutes changes everything............

Now declared a 'safety car start' so any strategies go out the window.

Last edited:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Was great to see the Red Bulls up there, without their special diffursers obliterate the field. Also interesting to see how far off the pace Ferrari are... There is obviously some problems behind the scenes there or is it a case of there is noone of the quality of Brawn or Newey to take advantage of the new regulations?

Back