F1 2009

I seem to remember that McLaren paid less than the $100m as they were owed some money by the FIA. May be this will be the same. Headline figure $100m, actually paid $35m.

However it goes I am fairly sure that Renault will have discussed the fine with the FIA and a figure that both can live with has allready been agreed.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Yes but this year we are in a Recession

I'd say should be $250 000 000.

And that will be the end of Renault in F1 as they say F off

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently Charlie Whiting, Race Director, Safety Delegate, Permanent Starter and head of the F1 Technical Department knew about this almost as soon as it happened. Piquet Senior and Charlie were in the same Brabham team for a while.
He could not act on it until Piquet Junior made it official by putting it in writing.
Oh really??

Keith

Apparently Charlie Whiting, Race Director, Safety Delegate, Permanent Starter and head of the F1 Technical Department knew about this almost as soon as it happened. Piquet Senior and Charlie were in the same Brabham team for a while.
He could not act on it until Piquet Junior made it official by putting it in writing.
Oh really??

If true, another pinnacle in a week of almost unbelievable F1 bullshit has been reached... :shout:

But you can't say the same is not happening in almost every other "sport" or political process these days - it's when those in charge forget who pays at the end of the day.. us. Without "us" there is nothing... :worried:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Fernando Alonso, Renault F1 driver will be in Paris on Monday as a result of being summoned by the FIA and / or WMSC to give evidence about the race in Singapore 2008. I guess he will probably then fly direct to Singapore which will not be quite what he wanted in terms of getting adjusted to the heat, humidity, and the time zone change. It's always easier to adjust by going west but direct Singapore from Paris doesn't conform to that.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
AND Raikonnen will partner Hamilton at McLaren in 2010 leaving the door open wide for Alonso / Ferrari link up. Raikonnen is no stranger to the Woking team (2002-2006).

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I agree - strange.....for the reason that it seems to me that he has a motivation issue.

Or is it just that he speaks without motivation? lol

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm not at all surprised that Alonso was summoned.

From.
planet F1

'Surprised' Alonso, Flavio set to attend FIA hearing

Fernando Alonso and Flavio Briatore are both set to attend Monday's extraordinary World Motor Sport Council hearing in Paris.

Alonso has throughout the investigation denied any knowledge of the Renault's alleged decision to fix the 2008 Singapore GP, saying he "cannot imagine this situation", and it was thought he would not be present at the FIA hearing.

Even FIA President Max Mosley said last week that Alonso was not involved in their investigation despite claims from Nelson Piquet senior that the Spaniard should've known that something was quite right with his strategy.

However, all that changed on Friday when he received a summons, just three days before the Paris meeting.

The Guardian claims the decision to order Alonso to attend the hearing 'has come as a huge surprise to the double world champion who had assumed he would not be involved'.

Briatore, along with Pat Symonds, parted company with Renault in the week in the wake of the scandal and, under FIA regulations they are no longer associated with a licence holder so no formal action may be taken against them under the International Sporting Code.

The paper, though, adds that 'Briatore will be present at the meeting too, but Symonds will not.

'There are suggestions that Alonso could be closely questioned over Briatore's role. The 59-year-old could be banned for life from the sport, while there is also a possibility he will not be allowed to manage Formula One drivers.'

The Mirror, meanwhile, adds that 'as well as being in line for a lifetime ban from the sport, Briatore could also be barred from managing F1 drivers, which earns him millions every year'.

'His stable current includes Piquet, Roman Grosjean, Heikki Kovalainen, Mark Webber and others.'

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pat Symonds will not attend the FIA hearing today (Monday)
Flavio Briatore, Fernando Alonso, Nelson Piquet Jnr, and possibly NP Senior, and Charlie Whiting will.
Hamilton has gone on record that he was the best and most deserving driver in 2008 for the world title.
Rather opinionated precocious tosser.
Button is happy to stay at Brawn, he says.
Rather ----------- ---------- ------.

Back