F1 2010

Keith

Massa's lack of a smile & comment at the interview says it all.

Such a shame people pay to watch racing .....to have the result artificially fixed rather than let the drivers skills be used to dictate result.

KarlB

Blimey! That's NASCAR racing! :laugh:

Re: Felipe I agree, especially after what happened exactly one year ago - FM definitely deserved it.

I think FA is starting to apply himself as he did at McLaren..

Just a thought.
If the Red Bull drivers had been under team orders in Turkey, might they not have taken each other out?
Were Ferrari's team orders fair, therefore?

Last edited:
Maybe I was not paying attention or maybe the US coverage missed something. What happened between Alonzo and Massa? In our coverage I thought it was a bit strange there was no comment on Webber's last Q lap while it was all going down.

FIA dish out a $100,000 fine for breaking sporting rules but result stands.

Ferrari International Assitance to the rescue...if you are going to cheat, at least be clever about it.

Keith

FA is a total hypocrite. All his accusations about races being manipulated?

Wasn't this one of them?

His silence is deafening...

Giù con Ferrari! :veryangry:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
As long as we have two car teams, at times when it is deemed advantageous to the team results, there WILL be team orders, whether delivered blatantly as Ferrari seem to do or whether hidden in a pre arranged code. It's a stupid rule that will never change the reality. Get over it. :shrug:

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
As long as we have two car teams, at times when it is deemed advantageous to the team results, there WILL be team orders, whether delivered blatantly as Ferrari seem to do or whether hidden in a pre arranged code. It's a stupid rule that will never change the reality. Get over it. :shrug:

I agree it's a stupid rule and the FIA are stupid not to repeal it. But it is in place and Ferrari are still cheats. Are you saying that you think it's OK to break the rules if it's advantageous to the team results? If so why have any rules?

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Russ,

It is still a rule and should be followed - so I guess I won't "get over it"!

At least those arrogant pricks (Ferrari) could be a little more artful in how they go about circumventing the dumb rule.

At the same time perhaps they should have a small chat with their overpaid drivers regarding what to say to the press in the aftermath.....if I was the Ferrari team boss that doe eyed faggot (Massa) would find himself in an inferior car for the duration of his contract.

I agree it's a TEAM sport and if the drivers are not allowed to be directed by the team to get the best result for the team then why have two cars? (Duhhh) It's really dumb to pretend it does not happen, the FIA should grow up and repeal the rule.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Christian Horner, Red Bull team principal
“Today’s race was dictated by the start. Unfortunately Sebastian didn’t get away cleanly and ended up on the right-hand side of the track. Massa got a good run on the left and we emerged from Turn one in P3 – that’s what shaped the race as far as Sebastian was concerned. With Mark, we took a calculated risk with the pit-stop. After that, he got caught up behind Rosberg, which cost him a bit of time and allowed Jenson to jump him. From there he did an excellent job in nursing an oil system issue that he managed well to the end of the race to score some important points. It was surprising what happened with the Ferraris, it looked to be a team order with the cars switching position. If so, it’s a shame for Formula One and the fans that they were deprived of a race between the two Ferrari drivers today.”
What he really meant "cheatin Bastards"

Fernando Alonso (1st)
“This is a very important win, which comes on the back of weeks of hard work from the team, who pushed to make up the ground that separates us from our main rivals. Race after race, the improvements applied to the F10 have proved to be effective, thus making the car more competitive. I am very happy, because winning with Ferrari is a very special feeling. At the start I was pushed right up against the wall by Vettel, whose only thought was to close me down, while Felipe made the most of it to go past both of us. Then, I tried to stay close all the time to my team mate and when he had some difficulties, I got past: I am sure that Felipe was thinking above all of the good of the team and that it was pointless to take risks when we had Vettel catching us up. There is no point in doing the sums for the championship now. We have shown what our package can do in a normal race and we must simply continue to work, trying to always pick up the maximum number of points. As I have always said, the final tally will come in Abu Dhabi.”
What he really meant "Now you know who is number one, cry baby"

Felipe Massa (2nd)
“A driver always wants to win, so I cannot be completely happy with second place. I know that this year, the team has lost too many points in previous races and today it was important to do the maximum. We drivers have to first of all think of the interests of the team and that is what I showed again today. In my opinion this was not a case of team orders: my engineer kept me constantly informed on what was going on behind me, especially when I was struggling a bit on the hard tyres: so I decided to do the best thing for the team, and a one-two finish is the best possible result, isn’t it? I got a great start, the best of the season. At the start, on the soft tyres I was going very quickly but then, with the hards, I was unable to run at an ideal pace. I think today I proved that when everything is in order, I am a winning driver. It would have been nice to stand on a higher step on the podium but all the same, I want to dedicate this result to Fernando Marins, a relation of mine, who passed away at the start of this week.”
What he really meant, "I hate you you Spanish turd"

Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I agree it's a stupid rule and the FIA are stupid not to repeal it. But it is in place and Ferrari are still cheats. Are you saying that you think it's OK to break the rules if it's advantageous to the team results? If so why have any rules?

What I am saying is at that level with so much at stake, there is bound to be an analysis of the costs of breaking/bending a rule in comparison to the advantages accrued. Particularly taking into account the effect of likely penalties imposed as a result of being found out.

I think everything all teams do in F1 is they look at the advantages/disadvantages of complying. In technical areas they are always pushing the window with 'innovative' rule interpretations. Don't they have their own legal departments to constantly review and interpret the 'letter of the law' with regard to pushing the limits to get that slight advantage?

Ferrari were dumb, they should have had a code in place such as an innocent statement, "Felipe you need to pick up your pace" and in so doing he outbrakes himself into the hairpin and Alonso slips past. How would you police that!

Any rule or law that can't be policed is an ass and should be repealed!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What I am saying is at that level with so much at stake, there is bound to be an analysis of the costs of breaking/bending a rule in comparison to the advantages accrued. Particularly taking into account the effect of likely penalties imposed as a result of being found out.

I think everything all teams do in F1 is they look at the advantages/disadvantages of complying. In technical areas they are always pushing the window with 'innovative' rule interpretations. Don't they have their own legal departments to constantly review and interpret the 'letter of the law' with regard to pushing the limits to get that slight advantage?

Ferrari were dumb, they should have had a code in place such as an innocent statement, "Felipe you need to pick up your pace" and in so doing he outbrakes himself into the hairpin and Alonso slips past. How would you police that!

Any rule or law that can't be policed is an ass and should be repealed!
Totally agree Russ that is why I said it should be repealed as well.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mclaren cheated cost how many $$$$$$$$$
They lost points
They had a ban on new parts etc

Should work the same for the Ferrari guys
Strip the team of all points earned so far this season
Strip the Spaniard of his points in the race
Give the Spaniard a 10 place penalty on each grid for the next 8 races

sounds about right to me

Next team will not try to do the same and play by the rules in place at the time of the race
Ian

Keith

What I detest is the arrogant blatant way it was done especially since Austria they should have learned their lesson then.

Of course it goes on but bit more subtle than that joke demonstration.

Ferrai: "It was a DRIVER decision." Really..:veryangry:

Schumacher: "Perhaps they (Ferrari) should find a more subtle way." Agreed.

As long as it IS a rule then it's a kick in the ass for paying fans to be treated like that so say nothing of Massa.

Strike 2 Alonso. That's twice you've benefited a race win at the expense of your team mate - both times CHEATING.

PS Are you sure that nice guys with "doe" eyes that survive a massive head trauma and brain damage and then come back to winning ways, faggots?

Mike Pass

Supporter
If it is a rule then the best possible efforts should be made to enforce it. All the cars have telemetry and if a drivers uses less throttle to let a team mate past than previously then it will be evident in the traces. Also the race stewards now have F1 drivers on the team who are wise to these things.
If the rule is a nonsense and needs removing then will a "commitee" decide who wins. This could avoid the trouble and expense of actually racing and cut costs at a stroke.
Cheers
Mike

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
All the cars have telemetry and if a drivers uses less throttle to let a team mate past than previously then it will be evident in the traces. Also the race stewards now have F1 drivers on the team who are wise to these things.

Get real Mike. There are ways of letting a team mate through that would not show up on the telemetry as alluded to at the end of my previous post.

If you want to watch real racing, the odd bit I have seen of GP2 seems to be pretty good!

There is too much money/advertising at stake in F1 for the teams to let the drivers have a free hand. Lets face it, it's not about the drivers anymore. Put any of the drivers in any of the other cars and generally the teams will still finish in the same order. Notable exceptionss of course. The teams see the racing as about the teams, not the drivers. If you want real racing in F1 then only allow one car per team! No more team orders, no more backing the field up by the #2 driver etc. Real racing, now wouldn't that be novel!

Keith

Get real Mike. There are ways of letting a team mate through that would not show up on the telemetry as alluded to at the end of my previous post.

If you want to watch real racing, the odd bit I have seen of GP2 seems to be pretty good!

There is too much money/advertising at stake in F1 for the teams to let the drivers have a free hand. Lets face it, it's not about the drivers anymore. Put any of the drivers in any of the other cars and generally the teams will still finish in the same order. Notable exceptionss of course. The teams see the racing as about the teams, not the drivers. If you want real racing in F1 then only allow one car per team! No more team orders, no more backing the field up by the #2 driver etc. Real racing, now wouldn't that be novel!

Thats exactly it Russ :thumbsup:

One car per team..... real racing.

Back