F1 2010

Keith

Keith,
Your wager is looking like a total lost cause with every passing race. RBR will romp away in Japan I am reliably informed. The only 'nigger in the woodpile' ( no racist intent at all. For most of my life that has been common parlance, without derogatory connotation) would be Vettel and Hamilton sparring with each other. Seems they come from different tribes.
Can I elect the Kings Head or even the Spade Oak to luncheon and then drink your wager?

You WILL pay the diesel cost then Dave? :)

He who laughs last lauaghx alffs falls - you know what I mean. It ain't over till it's over.

As Mrs Merton famously said to Chris Eubank (on his victorious bout versus Nigel Benn) "what did it feel like to come from behind and lick him in the ring?"

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Yes, I have! And it is nice to know that if you and I were fighting for a corner you would be the first to blink.

Oooohh!! Big talk.

We are always really fast when we get old......and it looks like you used to be pretty fast!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Oooohh!! Big talk.

We are always really fast when we get old......and it looks like you used to be pretty fast!

Compared to many I was pretty damn slow, but frankly I don't see what that has to do with the Webber Hamilton clash. I still think you are talking through your arse BTW.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Wow, Pete......it seems as though you have your little Aussie panties in a bind over my criticism of your guy.

You know, my comment was aimed at an individual who I am sure you don't know, and I certainly don't know......so I am a little puzzled as to why you feel like you have to make this personal?

Then again, I guess I should make allowances for old men who were never fast and don't have much in the way of an understanding of what goes through ones mind while racing competitively in a formula car.

So, in closing, and given your shit attitude toward me, please fuck off.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Pat, you assume a lot, first I know nothing about you other than you claim to have raced "formula" cars, so nothing personal. You led with your chin when you made the comment about talking through your ass (your spelling not mine) and I obviously smacked it. As far as the Webber Hamilton contact goes the Stewards
including a Formula 1 driver, concluded that it was a racing incident and no action was required. If your ego and vast experience racing formula cars makes you a better judge than them so be it.
And no I won't fuck off, my comments are just as valid as yours despite your obvious opinion of yourself, and I was at the track and saw the incident in total
not just what was shown on the T.V. cameras.

Pete and Pat,

remember the golden rule:-

images

I just can't work out which of these is Pat, and which is Pete :laugh:

Mind you, I'd go a round with either of them personally :thumbsup:

Malcolm

Supporter
The blond's technique seems a bit rubbish compared to the stance of the brunette so my money is on the brunette winning this one!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete, I was in Singapore for the GP too. What a shame we could have caught up for a drink or ten.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a pity, it would have been fun to continue on from where we left off in Melbourne, although I still managed to down plenty of the brown stuff.
And the red and the white:drunk:.
What was your take on the Webber Hamilton coming together?

Don't patronise me Cliff and this 'style' of sailing may exist in YOUR sailing 'world' but not in ours as I have previously stated.

No intent to be patronizing.

I wasn't aware you had indicated that's not a racing style used in your part of the world. You're exactly right, it's used extensively in my part of the world - the US Team Racing Championship is being held in Seattle right now in preparation for the World Team Racing Championship in Ireland: U.S. Team Racing Championship held at CWB « Bearings: The Blog of The Center for Wooden Boats

I'm sorry to hear you don't have this where you're from - it's very exciting racing.

I love DVR. On the Webber/Hamilton issue, Speed Channel showed Hamiltons camera and I thought he had a good line and it appeared that Webber hit him after a good pass. Then they showed Webber's on board camera which showed Webber on the curb with out a place to go. It's just a racing incident I am afraid and too bad for Hamilton. I like both drivers as they show to be nice guys, at least on the telly. Unlike others that would put their own mothers into the wall.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete
I'm with Tom P on the incident, it was certainly a racing incident just like it was for Hamilton at Monza. He was unlucky both times in that at Monza his front was damaged and at Singapore it was his rear.

I think Webber has shown that he won't be intimidated which is the trait a driver needs to become champion. Schumacher had that trait, Alonso has it and Hamilton has it which is why this is such a great season.
Also there is a fine line between being uncompromising and destructive and I think it has taken Webber some time to find that line and get on the right side of it. Vettel is searching for that line but I don't think he has quite found it yet as his confidence has taken a bit of a hit.
I think confidence is the key to this aura that great drivers display on the track and also why drivers can become either rash or conservative when they are lacking a bit of confidence. What makes Hamilton (& Alonso) such great drivers is that their confidence is naturally extremely strong, so they can quickly bounce back to their best. For others, whilst they have the ability to be the best, the road to ultimate confidence is much harder as is the ability to sustain that level - which is why they end up in midfield cars where this condition perpetuates. I think Button is like that and age has made him more comfortable in his skin which is making him a better driver - and the same is true of Webber, whose run of confidence and age have combined to bring out his talent in a consistent fashion.

Bring on the last four races!

My 0.02c

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Red Bull 1st and 2nd after second practise.

Sebastian Vettel, 1m 32.585s, P1/1m 31.465s, P1
Mark Webber, 1m 32.633s, P2/1m 31.860s, P2
Red Bull had the perfect start to a race weekend, a fast and trouble-free day. Vettel said he had good pace and that he had a good feeling in the RB6, and Webber agreed that he couldn’t have asked for more as both amassed a lot of mileage. Both commented favourably on the balance of their cars.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Qualifying is now delayed until Sunday morning - allegedly. The reason ?- Rain.
If the rain affects the race itself, Red Bull might be more like a Pink Lamb.

Back