GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
...because "everything Obama proposed" needed to be and should have been opposed...same as now. The GOP opposition to Obama & Co.'s far lefty agenda is what prevented passing into law what His Highness then had to create by exec order...which now can be totally wiped out in a instant by DJT's countermanding exec. orders.

Oh, yes! His "reign of terror"!!! The "terror" was solely in the hearts and minds of the 'gimme-gimmes'.

Surely you remember the legislative gridlock imposed by Boehner and his partners in crime? Are you saying that there was not a single piece of legislation that Boehner refused to allow to be considered in which there would have been benefits for the overall population of ANYWHERE in the USA?

Certainly your "dislike" for Obama would not cloud your judgement to the point that you could not see that Boehner and his partners in crime held up legislation that SHOULD have been acceptable to the conservatives, and yet Boehner and his partners in crime held up passage of those bills?

C'mon, Larry...we all know you're a bit overboard for the Founding Fathers, but surely you've been disturbed by the actions of some of your idealogy's very own legislative members? If not, I've said it before, I'll say it again...

"There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see!"

It's a form of acquired blindness, Larry...my old friend had it when he declared "The Old Mike will return when the battle with this administration is over!", many others have suffered the same difficulty seeing the bump on the frog's nose. Can you? Or is your hatred blinding you?

Cheers, Larry, for your willingness to discuss these issues!

Doug

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Threats to stop Federal funds to cities and states are just words, empty ones at that. Trump and his cronies have not even taken office yet. Let's wait and see until after 1/20/17. If they desire to piss off an enormous portion of the US population, then the next Presidential election in 2020 will be that much easier for Dems. Clinton didn't miss by many votes in PA, MI, FL and WI and she won the 2016 popular vote by 2% and 2,500,000 votes and counting.

And the US population just becomes less and less caucasian. The alternative is that we'll have to learn Russian. :laugh:

I wonder if he will make you write your dates the correct way around!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Threats to stop Federal funds to cities and states are just words, empty ones at that.

Uh huh...really? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he had "no pathway to 270"? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he'd never win the GOP primaries? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he'd never..........you fill-in-the-blank?

Trump and his cronies have not even taken office yet...

...and yet he's already managed to save 1,100+ jobs scheduled to go out of the country...just like he said he intended to do.

Yeeeup...he's probably going to turn out to be a paper tiger alright.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
...and yet he's already managed to save 1,100+ jobs scheduled to go out of the country...just like he said he intended to do.

Yes, Larry...he managed to save a few jobs, but at a huge cost to the taxpayers. The report I saw said Trump gave them quite a few years of tax abatement to convince them to stay. If that is really the case, Trump may be setting a dangerous precedent...enrich the already rich even more with tax breaks...and that means that there will be much less tax dollars to help the truly deserving needy in our cities.

He's not done much to benefit the general population yet...the few jobs he saved will pale in comparison to those costs that will run wild, causing a domino effect that hurts those downline...but not the ALREADY wealthy, oh, no, we dare not cause them any worries.

Exactly as I predicted...the already rich get richer, the poor are the ones who suffer.

...you can say you heard it first right here!

No cheers for Trump...at least not yet. Looking forward to having him prove me wrong!

Doug

Uh huh...really? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he had "no pathway to 270"? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he'd never win the GOP primaries? Just like you and your ilk were so sure he'd never..........you fill-in-the-blank?

My "ilk"? You don't know my "ilk."

He saved a few jobs, but at a huge taxpayer expense and Carrier is still sending jobs to Mexico. Just window dressing.

At least Trump will inherit an unemployment rate at a 9 year low at 4.6%. We'll see where it goes from here. Hopefully, Trump doesn't F it up.

No cheers for Trump...at least not yet. Looking forward to having him prove me wrong!

Doug

Let me ruin the surprise for ya Doug. He's going to F it up. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when.

"Xi Jinping is on Line #1 Mr. Trump." :laugh::stunned:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, Larry...he managed to save a few jobs, but at a huge cost to the taxpayers.

Wrong. Google Eric Boling's analysis of that arrangement. He lays it all out. It boils down to gov't receiving $2.4 mil(?) in taxes yearly for its $700K(?) annual 'outlay'. (Anyway - the gov't makes money on the arrangement.)

He's not done much to benefit the general population yet...

HE HASN'T EVEN BEEN SWORN IN YET!!!!!!!! Sheeeeeeeeze!

He saved a few jobs, but at a huge taxpayer expense...

See above.

...and Carrier is still sending jobs to Mexico.

So, unless Trump saved all of them with that one specific deal, the number of jobs he did save should be considered insignificant and therefore the whole deal should be dismissed as a complete failure...not to mention seen as Trump going back on his campaign 'promise'. 'Got it.

At least Trump will inherit an unemployment rate at a 9 year low at 4.6%.

Smoke and mirrors stat. People who just work an hour or two a week are considered 'employed', there's no distinction between part and full time jobs and the ever increasing number of people who've flat-out given up looking for work are not counted at all. The U-6 'rate (...the unemployed, the underemployed and the discouraged) is currently 9.7%. That reflects actual reality.

The latest labor participation rate has fallen to 62.7%...the lowest since...when...the Carter Admin?

Last edited:
BS it anyway you want, but we've had large positive job growth since Obama took office, very low gas prices, little inflation and the stock market is at an all time high. Watch Trump F it up. And he will.

And there are many folks who only want to work a few hours a week. As we age, this may grow.

As for the Carrier deal, whatever happened to free market principles and Adam Smith's Invisible Hand? Is he going to give away tax breaks to every company thinking of leaving now? Wasn't a smart move IMO and it's just window dressing.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just increasing the import tariffs alone would probably cause a number of mfgrs to re-think their plans of offshore manufacturing..

Whatever makes your barn dance, Rod...whatever makes it dance...

Ya, I realize it's difficult to argue, or generate a smart answer, with 8 +/- years of job growth, low interest rates, which has made homes affordable to nearly everyone in our country, low inflation, a stock market at an all-time high, relatively cheap gas, etc. Far from perfect, but pretty friggin' good.

And a President-elect interfering with free markets, may actually hurt all the progress we've made in the last 8 years. I hope we're not discussing how our next President F'ed it all up.

He's not even President yet and he's pissed off China already. What a moron.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
And a President-elect interfering with free markets, may actually hurt all the progress (LOL!) we've made in the last 8 years.

Remember the 'spendulus' bailout? Back then, I don't recall you complaining about OBAMA FIRING PRIVATE INDUSTRY CEOs, CANCELLING PRIVATE INDUSTRY COMPENSATION CONTRACTS, MANDATING A 79.9% OWNERSHIP IN AIG, HANDING MAJORITY OWNERSHIP OF GM OVER TO THE UNIONS AND THE FED GOV'T, PAYING GM BOND HOLDERS 10 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR, ORDERING THE SHUT DOWN OF PONTIAC PRODUCTION (and later forcing the same fate on Oldsmoblie), OR DUMPING GADZILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF TAXPAYER'S MONEY INTO: <MAIN>

1. Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
  2. SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
  3. Solyndra ($535 million)*
  4. Beacon Power ($43 million)*
  5. Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
  6. SunPower ($1.2 billion)
  7. First Solar ($1.46 billion)
  8. Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
  9. EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
  10. Amonix ($5.9 million)
  11. Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
  12. Abound Solar ($400 million)*
  13. A123 Systems ($279 million)*
  14. Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
  15. Johnson Controls ($299 million)
  16. Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
  17. ECOtality ($126.2 million)
  18. Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
  19. Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
  20. Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
  21. Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
  22. Range Fuels ($80 million)*
  23. Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
  24. Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
  25. Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
  26. GreenVolts ($500,000)
  27. Vestas ($50 million)
  28. LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
  29. Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
  30. Navistar ($39 million)
  31. Satcon ($3 million)*
  32. Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)
...ALL OF WHICH FAILED. That was NOT "interfering with free markets"?????

So, please...spare me the "free market" lecture.

Thank yeeew...

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Obama was still a "community organizer" when GM put the bullet into Oldsmobile. It was Hummer and Saturn (and SAAB) that got the axe in the bailout.

That's what I get for reciting from memory at my age, Rick. :sad:

I'd totally forgotten about Hummer/Saab...in fact I'm still not clear about the details/time frames on either of them...

Larry, your response is plagiarized from a known plagiarist Richard Montgomery, I believe a radio personality (WHUR), who wrote a Google book or whatever.

So, meh.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, your response is plagiarized from a known plagiarist Richard Montgomery, I believe a radio personality (WHUR), who wrote a Google book or whatever.

So, meh.

SHOW ME.

If your "plagiarized" comment referred to the list of failed 'green' businesses I posted, it can be garnered from any one of several sites on the net (lists varying in length and naming companies in various orders). Which site I took that particular list from I have no idea. That list (as are the others) is a regurgitation of 'public information'...not anyone's original work. (Oh, and BTW...none of 'authors' of any of those lists 'credit' anyone else's particular list either.) 'Good attempt at 'deflection/redirection' none the less.

'Couldn't help but notice you didn't factually rebut a darn thing I mentioned, did you. Nor can you...which explains your obfuscation.

But, like I said...whatever makes your barn dance, Rod.

Last edited:
You can google can't you? Your list is copied word for word from a google book by Richard Montgomery. You didn't research that list. Come on.

The source is a joke and there's no need to rebut anything since the source is garbage. Seriously it's not worth the time and effort.

Whatever makes your barn dance? WTF that does drivel mean anyway?

Let's just speculate when Trump F's up the economy. That's something easier for us to discuss. It's just a date in time. :thumbsup:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You can google can't you?

Translation: "I can't rebut a darned thing Larry pointed out."

YOU'RE the one who accused me of plagiarism. Therefore you ought to be able to SHOW ME exactly word-for-word what I plagiarized.

You didn't research that list. Come on.

Google "list of failed green energy government investments". (I think that's word-for-word how I phrased it[?].)

Whatever makes your barn dance? WTF that does drivel mean anyway?

"You can GOOGLE, can't you?"

'Whatever makes your barn dance' is a bastardized, tongue-in-cheek reference to the BARN DANCING style of dance...and means the same as 'whatever floats your boat'...'whatever turns your crank'...'whatever turns you on'...'whatever makes your Conway Twitty'.........etc., etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back