Infidels with two wheels

Glenn M

Supporter
Ron,
After I got a puncture in very rural Spain I always carry a repair kit now; it's a small vulcanising kit with a little canister of air. Eventually got it repaired at a lorry garage of all places.
I'm saving up my air miles to come over!

Martin,
I thought the same when I was looking out the pictures; we must have had some sun sometime but I can't remember it! It's definitely not biking weather at the moment with salt at night and rain all day.

This is my only sport bike. It is a little heavy but i like it and have a huge sound!
10521_146045123779_760268779_2623538_6584746_n.jpg

22236_318081433779_760268779_3495311_528550_n.jpg

hope you like it!

glloyd - love the family pic, great to have everyone on board.... good for you. I can relate to your son's opinion that it's just not big enough! Been a big bike addict all my life.

A favorite pic - My 2001 GSXR 1000, Las Vegas

Attachments

• LV hoik.jpg
    LV hoik.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 214
To everyone on the forum who owns & rides a motorcycle, I want to beg you all to be very careful when you ride - - - I've just lost a very dear friend and part of my family (Daughter-in-law's father) to a traffic accident on his motorcycle. An older couple in a 350 chevy towing a 5th wheel turned over a double yellow line just under the crest of a hill directly in front of this truly wonderful person. Both he and the 79 year woman passenger died at the scene. This is why I quit riding 25+ years ago. This was a spectacular individual who will never get to spend time with his wife & children, our joint grandsons, our son who he truly loved, or my wife & I. So PLEASE, ride in the most defensive manner you can imagine, the road going public simply does not see you and I would hate for your families or friends to have to write a note like this of suffer the loss we are all now feeling. Ride for fun, but ride so you return every time to those who love you.

Dave Harris.

Here's my old trusty Suzuki gs1150e..its alot of fun in a straight line:laugh:

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 209

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Dave Harris,
My regrets, this sort of tragedy is always extremely difficult to bear.
Motorcycling here in the UK has become a nightmare - if the
car and truck drivers don't manage to get you, the standard of out roads will.
Because of this recession combined with shooting the talibans, we are bankrupt - allegedly. We have, it seems, the deepest pot holes in the world now and I for one
would not ride after sunset at the moment.

Thank you David
but my guzzi is a v11 lemans, it is the last real guzzi.
I have a bmw gs and a softail, but the guzzi is the one i prefer. Fast as you can drive it.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave Harris,
My regrets, this sort of tragedy is always extremely difficult to bear.
Motorcycling here in the UK has become a nightmare - if the
car and truck drivers don't manage to get you, the standard of out roads will.
Because of this recession combined with shooting the talibans, we are bankrupt - allegedly. We have, it seems, the deepest pot holes in the world now and I for one
would not ride after sunset at the moment.

X2 on everything David said....

And our roads here are now very treacherous as well... I'm hoping that we can somehow manage to either get them repaired or close the really bad ones except for local traffic only...

----

Back on topic

----

Honda CBX - I too believe that this was the bike that lead the way to the Super / Sport bikes that we have today.. I've never ridden another 6 cylinder motorcycle, but I have to think they would be quite similar in how smooth the power is and (at least on this bike) very strong..

Here's more from my stables...

1987 Honda CBR F1 - Electric Conversion

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

--------

1993 Kawasaki ZX6E - Next up for electric conversion

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

--------

And my trusty 1999 Victory V92C - this was the 106th one that they made

106.jpg

Dave, sorry to hear of your loss. Sent a chill - as one of my best friends used to live in your town and still has family there. His recent commute would have him riding every day from Cloverdale to Petaluma. Today to some relief he heads north for work, much nicer ride and hopefully safer.

He says it's the only way he can tolerate the communte, it's a "Mind Saver" to him.

Take care all

Gent's,
Since were on the topic of death and motorcycles, one of my local hero's when I was young, Greg Cox passed away on Feb 16, 2010. from cancer. He was 62. He was quite the avid biker, Canadian National Side Car Champion in the 70's. Test rider and Photographer for Cycle Canada, Vintage Racer. I saw him race once at Shannonville and was in awe how these guys would throw themself around on a sidecar at high speeds.
Dave
Superside America Sidecar Championship

Sorry for the thread drift on to 3 wheels................

I was a passenger on an F1 sidecar until 2005 (had a big crash and Brands Hatch and struggle to walk now). There is nothing like riding a 3 wheeler as a passenger.

Great days, wish I could still do it but my legs won't let me.

Jas

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 204

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry for the thread drift on to 3 wheels................

I was a passenger on an F1 sidecar until 2005 (had a big crash and Brands Hatch and struggle to walk now). There is nothing like riding a 3 wheeler as a passenger.

Great days, wish I could still do it but my legs won't let me.

Jas

Thanks for the shot Jas, mucho respect for you guys. I love watching the sidecar rigs race, very exciting.

i wish i could find a picture of my first bike, a kawasaki 500 Mach 3. Two-stroke triple. Went great in a straight line, but scared the crap out of me on a corner once. Bendy frame tankslapper. But only once....

Used to ride with a friend that had a Norton 750 Commando. In a straight line we were even, but once into the corners he was always gone.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It seems we are all suffering from bankrupt Governments and poorly maintained roads. Like David I only ride in daylight hours now and am like a WW2 fighter pilot swivelling my neck every which way, trying to figure which car will be the next to try and kill me.

Attachments

• vfr5.jpg
    vfr5.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 192
RickS,
My first street bike was a KH 500 triple too! What a way to start eh? I loved the two stroke crackle out the pipes, made me think I was Kenny Roberts or something. Always wanted to build a capable two stroke for the street, but the time has passed.

Back