Jokes anyone? -

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Man...I must be old...'remembered every one of them.

Trivia question spawned by the above: What was Roy Rogers' sidekick Pat Brady's MIDDLE name - AND NO GOOGLING, 'loozers'!!!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I got them all right except Howdy Doody, and Buddy Holly. In my defense, however, instead of Buddy, I guessed the Big Bopper, who was also on the plane when they all died. Where were they going?

ANS: Clear Lake, MN (I think)

There were other people on the plane that night. Otis Redding, maybe? I can't recall who else. Maybe someone here will know.

When that plane crashed, it claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson and the pilot, Roger Peterson.

Going to Clear Lake, but in Iowa.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Alowishus(sp?)

YEEEEEEEEEW WIN A CEEEGAR if you can honestly tell me you knew that and didn't research it!!!

If you really did know the answer, you're the 1st person I've ever asked who did...and I've asked more than a few people over the years! Gospel!

Dang! I'm really impressed, sir! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
When that plane crashed, it claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson and the pilot, Roger Peterson.

Going to Clear Lake, but in Iowa.

Knew that but not the pilots name. For extra pointS what were they flying in? (Hint: was known as the "Doctor Killer" in the fifties...)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
How many of you that got the L S M F T right remember the second translation of the letters?????Answer tomorrow

Turn about's fair play, I guess, soooooo...

I know of three other translations I can think of right now off the top of my head (if there's another, I have no clue what it might be):

- Lucky Strike means fatal tumors (some said "fighting" tumors)

- Loose straps (or sweaters...I've heard it both ways) mean floppy t---

and a medical one:

- Lung screening (by) meaningful function testing

So.....'whuddisit' supposed to be 'fer as yur' concerned?

Last edited:
Low brow:thumbsdown:

A cowboy walks into a seedy cafe in Medicine Bow, Wyoming.

He sits at the counter and notices an old cowboy with his arms folded staring blankly at a full bowl of chili. After fifteen minutes of just sitting there staring at it, the young Cowboy bravely asks the old cowpoke, "If you ain't gonna eat that, mind if I do?"

The older cowboy slowly turns his head toward the young wrangler and in his best cowboy manner says, "Nah, you go ahead."

Eagerly, the young cowboy reaches over and slides the bowl over to his place and starts spooning it in with delight. He gets nearly down to the bottom and notices a dead mouse in the chili. The sight was very shocking and he immediately barfs up the chili back into the bowl.

The old cowboy quietly says, "Yep, that's as far as I got, too."

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Knew that but not the pilots name. For extra pointS what were they flying in? (Hint: was known as the "Doctor Killer" in the fifties...)

I've heard of the "forked-tailed" doctor killer (Bonanza). Would that be it?

I have no clue what the guys were flying in my own darned self though.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
A Teacher is explaining biology to her 4th grade students.

Human beings are the only animals that stutter,' she says

A little girl raises her hand.

'I had a kitty-cat who stuttered.'

The Teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become,asked the girl to describe the incident.

"Well," she began, 'I was in the back yard with my kitty
and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start
and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!'

'That must've been scary,' said the teacher.

'It sure was,' said the little girl.

'My kitty raised her back, went "Ffffff!, Ffffff!, FfffffF,"

but before she could say 'Fu*k-off !,

the Rottweiler ate her!

The Teacher had to leave the room.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Murphy, a furniture dealer from Dublin, decided to expand the line of furniture in his store, so he decided to go to Paris to see what he could find.

After arriving in Paris , he visited with some manufacturers and selected a line that he thought would sell well back home. To celebrate the new acquisition, he decided to visit a small bistro and have a glass of wine.
As he sat enjoying his wine, he noticed that the small place was quite crowded, and that the other chair at his table was the only vacant seat in the house.
Before long, a very beautiful young Parisian girl came to his table, asked him something in French (which Murphy could not understand), so he motioned to the vacant chair and invited her to sit down.
He tried to speak to her in English, but she did not speak his language. After a couple of minutes of trying to communicate with her, he took a napkin and drew a picture of a wine glass and showed it to her. She nodded, so he ordered a glass of wine for her.
After sitting together at the table for a while, he took another napkin, and drew a picture of a plate with food on it, and she nodded. They left the bistro and found a quiet cafe that featured a small group playing romantic music.
They ordered dinner, after which he took another napkin and drew a picture of a couple dancing. She nodded, and they got up to dance. They danced until the cafe closed and the band was packing up.
Back at their table, the young lady took a napkin and drew a picture of a four-poster bed.

To this day, Murphy has no idea how she figured out he was in the furniture business.

Back