I keep getting pics of your car, video of your car, FB live of your car, Snapchat of your car sent to me. I'm a little jealous I'm not able to see it personally.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Rumbles’ car looked great and got lots of attention at SEMA.The build quality is amazing, but I seriously thought about getting a can of plastidip to cover up the chrome on those wheels Here is a picture of five SL-C owners representing 3.999 completed cars. Will(aka pnut), Rumbles and Jock (owns red Australian SL-C with the roof-duct-basedintake) account for 3.0 cars, Mesa accounts for 0.99 of a car and I account for0.009 of a car LOL
SEMA.jpg

Here is a picture of five SL-C owners representing 3.999 completed cars. Will(aka pnut), Rumbles and Jock (owns red Australian SL-C with the roof-duct-basedintake) account for 3.0 cars, Mesa accounts for 0.99 of a car and I account for0.009 of a car LOL
SEMA.jpg
Does Jock ever post on here? we are trying to find other Australian SLC owners. I don't recall ever seeing pictures of his car being posted?
cheers Stuart.

Thanks for documenting your build on here (and publishing on Amazon). Gathering ideas as I read through the build threads. Do have one question that I've not found an answer to yet; what is the purpose of the "cup holder" you reference post #962?

Thanks for documenting your build on here (and publishing on Amazon). Gathering ideas as I read through the build threads. Do have one question that I've not found an answer to yet; what is the purpose of the "cup holder" you reference post #962?

David,

You have asked the question of questions. Like asking the origin of the universe, or the meaning of life, or why do men have nipples. To know the unknowable, you must consult the Oracle (Fran).

May the Force be with you...

Fran, I've always wondered as well. Can you enlighten us, or do we need to take the red pill first?

latest

Last edited:
Originally the aero catch latches were mounted on top of the body and the pegs came up from within the cup holders. The latches themselves had to have a recessed area (the cup holders) to close into otherwise the nose and tail wouldn't be able to close fully.

I consulted with the Oracle in the past on this subject. Still waiting for an answer on the origin of the universe.

That makes sense. Self aligning and making it flush mounted all in one.

Origin of the universe? That's simple: The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42.

If you drive in the rain, the front cup holders become aquariums. So I drilled a small drain hole in each of them.

Well, some good 'stories' I must say. Never found a beer in mine :(

No Oracle needed -
The cup holders were meant to hold a Volkswagen latch. These round VW latches were supplied with my car and I'm sure a few other early adopters. No suggestion was made on how to attach a striker pin under the front clam or rear deck lid.

Nice clean little latch it was, I even attempted to use one of these as the original latch for my 'one off' hood, unfortunately every time the car got jolted it popped open.

Bill

Somewhere I read you cut your air anchor, secured the defroster part to the underside of the instrument panel and then added a flex tube to reconnect the anchor. Tried to find details on what you did but came up blank. Can you help me out with what you did?

Thanks

Glueing the "anchor" to the bottom of the dash did make a tight seal and it works well -> Click Here

I added an inclined shelf in the anchor to gradually reduce the volume of the plenum toward the ends to balance the air flow all along the length of the defrost vent.

This turned out to be not enough, and all the air went to the edges of the windshield leaving the center foggy. I fixed that by adding several little vanes inside the plenum to direct air to the center of the windshield as well -> Click here

Dan, I had sent a reply to your PM on this as well.

Thanks Bill

Not sure how I missed the PM. Thought I messed up my PM up somehow....my bad. Thanks for the details. Taking a serious look at your approach.

Its cold outside, so its time to do some winter maintenance on my SLC.

I engineered my SLC to be "cheap to keep" and easy to maintain. For example, I designed the oil cooler mounting system so it can be removed quickly and without an oily mess.

How quickly you ask? How about 4 minutes!

Check out this video of the oil cooler removal -> Click here

latest

Back