SL-C delivered

Well I received the car on Friday at a friends shop. The reason it is there and not in my own garage is that I have an unfinished project at the moment and it's taking longer than expected due to the recent evaporation of my time. That bs should be completed next weekend so I can get the car over here where it belongs.

A few things were back ordered and noted on the RCR parts list. Fran said most of them should be shipping out today. The cf rear wing was delivered and is a work of art imho. Fran sent me the cfd data and it's obvious he's made a good choice regarding the wing profile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RaceCarReplicasSLC004.jpg
    RaceCarReplicasSLC004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,531
  • RaceCarReplicasSLC005.jpg
    RaceCarReplicasSLC005.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3,441
  • RaceCarReplicasSLC008.jpg
    RaceCarReplicasSLC008.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,450
  • CIMG0016.jpg
    CIMG0016.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3,466
  • RaceCarReplicasSLC023.jpg
    RaceCarReplicasSLC023.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,439
More...the Landcruiser is not mine btw...just for perspective and I thought they looked funny next to each other :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0005.jpg
    CIMG0005.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,486
  • CIMG0006.jpg
    CIMG0006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3,403
  • RaceCarReplicasSLC029.jpg
    RaceCarReplicasSLC029.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,440
  • CIMG0013.jpg
    CIMG0013.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3,449
  • CIMG0019.jpg
    CIMG0019.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,398
Doc, we're all anxious for your delivery too. Like the birthing of a giant!
Warning! You will loose some sleep in the interm...

Jack

Awesome.

Post some pics of the wing, please! I'm really curious to see what I paid 1600 for, lol!!!

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
The car looks great Dave - and you look pleased so all is good! Please keep us posted on your build progress. One of these days maybe I'll be able to start on mine....
Have fun!
Dave L

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Dave!!!!

So how long did it take to clean off all the drool? :)

Absolutely beautiful car Dave. Ever thought about keeping it white?

BTW, I think you and I have a mutual friend. Tell Mark to get his RX-7 done so we can all crash sevenstock this year.........

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Wow, that is exactly the way I'd have mine. White with black accents and wheels. I would go with the 5 spoke ones though, but that's just me. Silver Brembo calipers, yummy. I can't wait to subscribe to your build thread!! Congrats man!

Laters,

Brian

I'll be starting a build log when I have something to post about. The available time I thought I had became very scarce after a phone call about 5 weeks ago so progress is going to be slower at first than I was hoping and anticipating. That said, I'm still hoping to see a few track-day shakedown runs in it next year before the season is over.
Absolutely beautiful car Dave. Ever thought about keeping it white?
Car will be mostly white. I'm thinking a Mazda 787b themed paint scheme in white silver with black dashes. We'll see when the time comes.
BTW, I think you and I have a mutual friend. Tell Mark to get his RX-7 done so we can all crash sevenstock this year.........
You know Mark? Have we met? I was at Seven(not)Stock last year after main event. You V8 guys aren't as bad as everyone says you are...well most of you at least :D
Mark and I go back to high school and he lives about 5 minutes away from me in the SF. It is his shop my car is at right now and his LS7 powered 3rd gen RX-7 is about 10 feet away from my car. I was helping him work on it prior to my own cars arrival that day...mostly undoing things he's done ;)
Mark says his car is over at Sambergs now and it should be running by Sunday. I understand you have GT40 too besides a wrong-motor RX-7. Nice set of toys.
So how long did it take to clean off all the drool? :)
I ran out of towels...do you have any?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Another white one! Good on you Dave. So you got the big wheels eh? Looks good. I am finishing up my water pipes. Watch my build log.

Looks great. By the looks of the cage, you are planning on racing it? It would be great to see the GTM and the SLC on the same tracks during races. What series/sanctioning body are you planning on running?

Another white one! Good on you Dave. So you got the big wheels eh? Looks good. I am finishing up my water pipes. Watch my build log.
Thanks Howard. Yup, big wheels, big breaks, cf wing etc. Just getting the car put me over budget :stunned: I opted for the polished wheels at first but that was WAY more than I was expecting so I opted for black. After seeing yours, I knew it looked good so I wasn't too worried about it. Besides, I think these rims will be designated for the track and I'll eventually get a set of HRE's or something for the street.

Nice to hear you're plugging away and I always check the build log section for any new bits from you and any of the other talented builders represented here.
Looks great. By the looks of the cage, you are planning on racing it? It would be great to see the GTM and the SLC on the same tracks during races. What series/sanctioning body are you planning on running?
I too think it would be cool to see a GTM and SL-C on track together, though I think I'd only see the GTM in the LCD from the backup camera and to insure it stayed that way, I'm installing an oil sprayer on the ass end of the car :laugh:

Not sure if I'll do any straight up racing in it but I've said before I do have aspirations to run in the 25 hr of T-Hill. Too far down the road to make that call at this point. I will for sure be Time Trialing the car with NASA. Goal is to drive the car to the track, spank the TTU/TTR trailer queens butts and drive the car home with their women in tow :devil:

The white & blue 787B 1991 LM car livery would go nicely on the SL-C too!

I'm leaning toward the Sauber C9 in silver myself.

Back