SL-C powerplant possibility?

I have a 20 B rotary in mine, not that it is smaller, but it is lighter and more HP then your stock LS motor. I just like being different and since in the 70's and 80's I drag raced them makes it more familiar with them.

Yes you will spend 20 K by the time its all said and done.

Mine is 600 HP at the rear wheel , on pump gas, 18 psi boost, with fuel can go up to 900, but I plan on driving the car, so 600 is fine.

Attachments

• DSCF0473.jpg
    DSCF0473.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 469
I've seen that engine in person. Beautiful.

Not too much bigger than an LS engine as one of these engines is designed to replace 2 blown big-blocks and fit in the same location for offshore boats.

A car is being built for this engine too.

Btw, 7.8b ;)

IIRC it's about 830lbs and turbocharged,, I bet you would be hard pressed to get 2mpg out of it...lol.
The monster carb they put on it to get it running can only supply enough fuel for 2000 rpm... part throttle.

I don't think those cigarette boat racers car too much about economy.

We have mocked up a 5.7 and have the adapter to a G50 ...but the customer (Chrysler) never went forward with the show car we were planning with them...

I've read that the ECUs on Chrysler engines are a pain in the ass if you transplant one into anything other than another Chrysler product. True??? The Hemi 6.1 and 6.4's sound great and make good power.

Is there any information on the forum concerning Ford Coyote power in a SL-C? Anyone building one? If I choose to do this, I am leaning this way. Any info would be appreciated.

We have done it....

engine fits OK...just needs some custom engine mounts but that's not a big deal.
The intake is a dry intake like the LS and it just needs a little plastic removal and it flips just fine.

You cannot use the factory supercharger upgrade option though...w tried that too..so its NA only.

Fran, thanks for the info. We met at Charlotte and you told me that it had been done. I have questions about clearance at the front of the engine (LS waterpump mods) and intake manifolds (BOSS 302, Cobra).
Thanks again for the time spent with Sue and I at the show.

Mike, I already mentioned the intake mods needed for the Coyote above...

I cannot remember about the WP specifically but it all pretty trivial stuff when building a car....send the engine and we will sort it out...

Back