Team QRP

Great video, thanks for sharing! I watched that during my Sunday morning coffee time instead of the Pirelli Works Challenge and I'm glad I did. I can't get over the emergency cars on the track during the green flag! So did Chris get 3rd?

We ended up 4th overall, Chris had a great battle with the Truespeed turbo Porsche, that had more power, and this was only Chris' second visit to Laguna.
We had a great time, and look forward to more challenges in the future. Hopefully soon we can put our LeMans together as a lightweight sprint race bullet, with some real power!

I only had a chance to watch a minute or so, but I noticed:

1) guy does a barrel roll trying to push one car out.
2) SLC eats a cone going down pit out.

It's getting close to the Thunderhill 25hr. Any changes or modifications? Will the old USMC car be in the race too?

Great video, thanks for sharing! I watched that during my Sunday morning coffee time instead of the Pirelli Works Challenge and I'm glad I did. I can't get over the emergency cars on the track during the green flag! So did Chris get 3rd?

That looked INSANE from trackside. There seemed to be wreckers on track the WHOLE race. Didnt leave me with the warm and fuzzys I can tell you that. I had/have visions of doing some NASA events at some point but, that there looks sketch to me.

We have the Blue Mistress tuned and adjusting to the new light rules. (No lights in center of car. New rule is lights must be 12" or less in from side of fender and no higher than bottom of windscreen.) This ruled out our really low sitting light bar. Getting acquainted with the AIM MXG Data system, and other small tweaks. Tested at Sears Point (Infineon) and all went well.

See you at the races...

Keith

Greatly enjoyed that video and yes I watched all 47 minutes of it. Took me back a couple of years I can tell you. The amount of breakdown/tow trucks on the track was insane and especially when they parked themselves on the outside of fast corners. I would NOT be in a hurry to race in those conditions. I also noticed a lack of corner workers and flagging - under the minimum of circumstances I would have expected a waved yellow before the section where those trucks were "working". Never seen anything like that in my experience of road racing..

I thought the SL-C looked very well planted and I am presuming that the one spin was down to some sand having been dragged onto the track at that apex because he didn't appear to go in too hot..

Finally, the SL-C braking power was awesome! The car appeared better under braking than almost every other car out there including the super rapid turbo porsche, and it's an illustration of where money can be very well spent if you want to be competitive.

Thanks for posting - more please!

Congrats to QRP Racing!!

Attachments

• qrp.jpg
    qrp.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 492
Congrats! Saw you guys fly by a couple times from the #66 live feed.

Had another friend out there driving with Yost. Looks like they ran into mechanical problems and couldn't go on with 486 laps completed. Ugh.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Fantastic work by the whole QRP team to bring their blue mistress home so successfully.
Well done to all of the team and crew !!

Back