Does anyone legitimate seriously doubt it anymore?

Pat

Supporter
Nobody wants to tolerate dirty air or water and we need reasonable steps to insure it as clean as we can make it. Heck, it's rumored the Hemlock Society (suicide support group) no longer recommends locking yourself in the garage as the average car exhaust will no longer will asphyxiate you. But if civilization is required to warm the climate, why aren't we still in the ice age?
There is far more reliable data related to solar activity and climate change than what may be man-made.
Personally, the guys that can't reliably tell me if it will rain tomorrow aren't the most credible source for scientific data.

It takes money to clean up the planet or manage waste better. That's what we are told right?

Well not as much money as it costs to pay for all the damn toe-rags sitting around desks and conference tables and flying all over the globe discussing just how they can squeeze a few more pennies out of the suckers that are .....US. THE TAX PAYERS

But we need to pay Mr Clean-It Inc. more money because his guys won't pick up trash bags for less than the average salary of an Airline pilot! FFS. Its a scam people. Live well, live clean, consider how you treat the area you live in. Don't be wastful. BUT DONT BE A SUCKER EITHER.

Never take advice from a comedian! They are commentators, not instructors. They find humour in what already exists. No advice available there.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I didn't read all the responses to the question, so 'forgive' if someone else has beaten me to it:

(1) Yup... the Earth is warming up a bit. But, quite likely not as much as we've been led to believe. Why do I say that? Because of the data fraud some of the "global warming" scientists were pushing as gospel a while back for one thing. I'm sure you y'all remember that. When the global warmer folks hafta fudge their figures to "prove their point" - it's not much of a point. Also, it's recently been brought to light that many of the current temperature monitoring stations are located in places where the site's physical enviornment has been radically changed from what it was when the station was 1st set up. (For instance, a station that was originally set up, say, in a farmer's field, is NOW surrounded by skyscrapers instead of grass. NATURALLY it's going to record far higher temps in that area! And yet their data is still recorded as being in a farmer's field.)

(2) When the Ice Age ended and the Earth warmed up, there wasn't an SUV, factory, or coal fired power plant to be seen. Yet somehow the earth still managed to warm up. Today, the Earth's "wobble" is now credited with doing that.

(3) "Wobble" may be the main cause of what's going on now.

(4) Bankrupting a country like the U.S. by saddling its industry with high carbon credit fees and radical EPA dictates WILL NOT cancel out the polution caused in/by countries like S. Korea, India and China who don't come under the EPA's thumb.

(5) In the 1970's, the "scientific community" was all in a lather about THE COMING ICE AGE we'd be facing in a few decades. Remember that? 'SAME basic scientific community...TOTALLY different "prediction".

In the end, THERE ISN'T DIDDLY man is going to be able do about whatever may happen. Man just ISN'T that all-powerful. And it's the height of arrogance for man to think he is.

Now, does that mean we ought to just DO AS WE PLEASE w/o regard to the possible rational consequences of our actions? Heck no. We needn't dump old crankcase oil down a drain for instance, or antifreeze, or whatever other toxin you want to mention. IOW, use some common sense. But, to say Detroit can ONLY produce cars that puke pure oxygen out their tailpipes, OR to demand the assembly line that produces them has to be powered by wind or solar energy IS JUST PLAIN NUTS in my unworthy opinion. The economic cost is just FAAAAAAAR too high. What good is lowering the earths's temp a degree or two if the world has to go BROKE (and I mean the WHOLE WORLD) to do it and dies of starvation as a result? (It's been suggested, by-the-way, that THE WHOLE WORLD would have to live in caves FOR MANY DECADES to accomplish a drop of degree or two in the Earth's temps...and even THAT is a 'maybe' at best.)

George Carlin probably said it best:

George Carlin On Global Warming Scam - YouTube

I'm stepping off my soapbox now. :D Carry on... ('Haven't said that since my Navy days!)

Back