F1 in 2012

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I used to think Vettel-Alonso-Hamilton were the best three by just a hair with WEber and Button slightly behind. Button is just clueless this year and Alonso is doing miracles with a car that simply should not be competitive.

And Hamitlon, Lewis, Lewis, Lewis! I love you (my favorite) and you should be a 3 time champ by they time you retire, but you have to have more smarts than that! You cannot give up points the way you did today even if it means conceding a podium to Maldonado.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, it took a few more races to get there :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Poor Lewis! His maturation seems to be taking forever.

I'd have to rank this race in the top three for this year so far.

Maldonado got penalized for the L H incident and he was dropped to 12th position.
Maybe he should try maturing?

THAT was Hamilton's fault! Hamilton ran him off the track and then would not give him any room to get back on in the next corner. Hamilton was going to get passed by Pastor no matter what, you can't block forever Lewis. And another thing = Senna should not have been penalized for his situation ..... seems like whoever was handling the stewardship of this race had his head up his #ss. What a joke.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well IMHO Maldonado should have backed out of it, he came from off the track and drove into Hamilton. Btw I am not a Lewis fan at all.

In response to the recent comments above, I feel that
a) LH did not run PM off the track. LH had the line. This is of course open to interpretation
b) PM was off the track and re-joined, that is b&w
c) LH knew, (how could he not?), that PM would pass him at some point
d) For LH, the wisest thing would have been to go to the right and let PM through smoothly. Youngsters ehh???!!!
e) All of this is easily said from my armchair.

d) For LH, the wisest thing would have been to go to the right and let PM through smoothly. Youngsters ehh???!!!

While other points may be open to discussion -

Agreed.
Lewis was a sitting duck, no amount of blocking or clever car positioning was going to prevent PM from passing. Lewis should have let him go. He had the most to lose and due to immaturity (?) He chose a path (pun intended) in which he actually did just that.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
A bit damp at Silverstone for the qualifying today!

I believe that the people at Le Mans Classic will also be getting washed away later on.

It must be the summer in Europe!!!

Ian

Keith

It looks awful up there. But obviously, the powers that be do not want Cliff Richard to embarrass everyone again in Wimbledon, as the past 2 days main matches have been played out with the roof open. Yesterday, I distinctly saw some odd blue patches on the clouds directly above No1.. :huh:

As regards the Classic..... David knew and that's why he got out of Dodge in a hurry!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Errr Jeff, I think you mean Webber.
A terrific race, the first half dozen laps were magic. Maldonado needs to take a chill pill.

Keith

I think Webbbbbbbbber kicked their ass, but I can't help feeling sorry for Alonso who really did everything right with an 'inferior' car.

The curse of Pirelli...:evil:

As for the Maldonado incident, I cannot see that it was 100% deliberate. Anyone who attempts the 'wall of death' pass should expect that a car might badly understeer on poor tyres with that exact result.

The curse of Pirelli....:evil:

Unfortunately PM is now a marked man for the rest of the season for whatever reason.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think Webbbbbbbbber kicked their ass, but I can't help feeling sorry for Alonso who really did everything right with an 'inferior' car.

The curse of Pirelli...:evil:

As for the Maldonado incident, I cannot see that it was 100% deliberate. Anyone who attempts the 'wall of death' pass should expect that a car might badly understeer on poor tyres with that exact result.

The curse of Pirelli....:evil:

Unfortunately PM is now a marked man for the rest of the season for whatever reason.
No I don't think it was deliberate either, just a rookie type error created by lack of patience. Hence my chill pill comment. Not sure the F car is inferior any longer
It certainly has the straight line speed. And even poor old Massa did O.K.

Back