F1 in 2012

Keith

Obnoxious fanboys? Does that insinuate he goes home on the other bus? dances at the other end? Punts the punt at the front end? That really does fill in a lot of the missing link IMHO.
FFFFUCK A DUCK..........

Gosh no! That would never do, in fact the opposite is true.

The changing face of F1 which is now catching up on all the other "global" sports. Whether you think it's a good thing is up to you. Personally? It stinks but hey! I am old and white so obviously I know nothing, but here's an opinion nevertheless.

Lewis has really been hired because of his marketability and for Mercedes to gain that "edgy" yoof appeal and that is exactly what Simon Fuller is planning for this guy. The fact that he can drive an F1 car quickly is a bonus. Mclaren had no hope of matching the world domination planned for Lewis Hamilton because they are a "racing team" whereas Mercedes want far more.

All "Celebs" have Fanboyz now, whether pop, football, NFL, etc, and now F1. Being a Fanboy means you are part of a gang structure not dissimilar to that of the Bloods and Crips except you exist only in cyberspace. Being a Fanboy means you have to "Attack" fanboyz who support other drivers/teams, through any media available, usually Assbook, Titter or Pootube. Any F1 forum will also do.

As many "Fanz" as Lewis has attracted (he has 1 million followers on Titter) Jenson Button, his teammate, naturally has as many haters, almost as many as Whitmarsh.

"The Snake" (Jenson Button) and "Whitmash" have conspired to cause Hamilton to fail this season as Whitmash wants Button to have the title not Hamilton. Therefore Buttons side of the garage have actively been sabotaging Hamiltons car all season and even substituted a duff rear wing at Spa so that he would be 1 second slower than JB, and that's why Lewis Titted the telemetry.

No, not a fantasy, you can read that on any F1 forum. Try PlanetF1 or F1Fanatic to name but two.

This seems to be the way F1 is headed and there will be much more of the same until it ends up like X Factor - a parody of it's former self, and a money machine for the "drivers".

Both Frank Williams and Ron Dennis came in for a lot of stick (from me included) because they seem to show little loyalty to their drivers. Truth is, they never wanted the drivers to become more important than the team itself, they are after all "employees" and it is this plus Fullers aspirations which caused the move. Stay at McLaren and be a successful racing driver, or move to Mercedes and rule the global marketing world.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm pleased to hear that, the knock to the head set him back quite a bit,
But he has been driving well lately. Ferrari even had to invoke team orders in the last race.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently Hamilton tried to hold a farewell booze up for the mechanics in Suzuka. Instead, to a man, they chose to go running with Button and not to turn up to the Hamilton Barrel.
Speaks volumes ...........

Keith

Re: Vettel. This morning Monty says "No"

Quote:

“2013 is still to come but I don’t want to have two roosters in the same henhouse, rather two drivers who race for Ferrari and not for themselves.
“I don’t want problems and rivalries, which we didn’t have between Schumacher and Irvine, between Schumacher and Barrichello, between Alonso and Massa or Massa and Schumi or Massa and Raikkonen.”

Montezemolo also denied claims his team would poach Red Bull’s star chief technical officer Adrian Newey: “I can say that he is very good at his job but we also managed to win eight constructors’ titles in the last 13 championships without him: I have huge faith in our own engineers.”

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You know, next to all these jackasses, the cars look positively stunning. What I really think they need to do is bring back Flavio Briatore, and then we'd have the complete set....

Back