GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Supporter
Jeff, never promised a first class ticket. It was just a ticket that's all. You change the rules so you don't have to show. But I get it, you're scared. Quite frankly you're not worth it to me to spend $1000 on. I will, however, spend $350 to deposit you in Murderapolis for a day. Might even buy a drone to watch the show...

You didn't learn your "style" from right wingers. It's just you, own it. But the consequence of your condescension and hostile approach is that you're points are lost on your audience. All they hear/see is the insults and all you do is piss people off. If that's your goal I guess that's fine, but it makes you ineffective and easily dismissed. Does that work for you in court? Maybe suppressing it all day causes you to use this as your "release". Similar to tourettes, where suppression leads to quite an explosion eventually.

Steve

Supporter
Oh, and life expectancy is down, diabetes and obesity is on the rise, etc etc. Your assumption that the world is "more dangerous" amongst older white American males is false. It does play to your assertion that all people not left-leaning must be racist misogynist pigs. Your whole last paragraph, in fact, is the most bigoted statement in this thread so far. So, congrats for that.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jeff - There's a lot more to the job of moderator than just hanging out here in the Paddock on your favorite threads.
When I can get off my cell phone and to a real computer, I'll send you a PM or you can PM me with your phone nbr and good time to call.
I'm on my cell until the weekend anyway.

Has the big increase in the murder rate corresponded to / had anything to do with the big influx of the so-called "refugees"???

A sudden spike in murders being caused/committed by native Brits seems really odd / highly unlikely / completely out of character to me.

Well Larry not sure how you would distinguish a "so called refugee" from a real one, or when this this "big increase" is supposed to have occurred. We also seem to be getting into politics. It is early days yet but the consensus of opinion seems to be no it is not down to "so called refugees".

Firstly I fell for the headlines as well, but it turns out that the London murder rate had been falling over the years, for February and March this year it was higher (when calculated as a percentage of population) than New York which still had more murders than London. This appears to have coincided with a particularly low murder rate for New York for those two months; London was lower than New York in January and London is reported as still being one of the safest cities in the world.

The murders appear to be mainly from knife crime and many seem to be saying this is a particular recent growing problem with London. It also seems to be teenage gangs that are responsible for a lot of this and it may be partly due to the government spending cuts for police funding leading to a reduction of Police pounding the beat acting as a visible deterrent. Time will tell no arrests for the 2 most recent teenage murders have been made yet.

So gangs, drugs, poverty leading to a lack of prospects, expectation, ambition, government austerity funding cuts, lack of Police on the beat, just a "snap shot in time" that does not give a true reflection, who knows.

Let’s hope everyone works together in trying to find the reasons and a solution, instead of just talking about it.

Last edited:
Not male

Not white

Not Christian

Not an “assault weapon”

Took place at a “Gun free zone” in a state that has some of the strictest gun control laws in the USA.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Are you talking about the "You Tube" shooter incident, Scott?

if so...right on all accounts!

Cheers!

Doug

JEFF

"handing the robber a $100 VCR" is far more courageous and smarter than starting a shootout in your own neighborhood"

YOUR WORDS AGAIN.. I NEVER SAID I WOULD GO AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD SHOOTING PEOPLE.

STAY SAFE..WATCH OUT FOR THE BAD GUYS.. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU GET ROBBED YOU CAN HAND OUT CANDY BARS TOO.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well Larry not sure how you would distinguish a "so called refugee" from a real one, or when this this "big increase" is supposed to have occurred...it turns out that the London death rate had been falling over the years, for February and March this year it was higher (when calculated as a percentage of population) than New York which still had more murders than London...

The murders appear to be mainly from knife crime and many seem to be saying this is a particular recent growing problem with London. It also seems to be teenage gangs that are responsible for a lot of this and it may be partly due to the government spending cuts for police funding leading to a reduction of Police pounding the beat acting as a visible deterrent. Time will tell no arrests for the 2 most recent teenage murders have been made yet...just a "snap shot in time" that does not give a true reflection, who knows.

"2 most recent" suggests there have been/were arrests in a few/some/many of the other murders...so, one would think police records would/should at the very least contain the names of the perps...which, in turn, should at least give a hint as to whether the perps are/were either native Brits or foreigners.

IOW, were their names, say, Abshir, Cabdulmajiid, and Nadifa...or Nick, Edward and William? But, regardless (and more directly), one would think Brit/European police records should indicate/reflect whether the perps were citizens or not, and if not, from whence they came given the perceived fact no one over there can go from country "A" to country "B" without a passport - or so we're led to believe on this side of the pond. (Yes, I know refugees aren't likely to have passports, but you undoubtedly understand/know what I was getting at regarding "records".)

BTW; I referred to them as "so-called refugees" because it's a well known fact not all of them actually were/are true refugees. ISIS fighters were seeded amongst 'em.

Bottom line: it shouldn't be too difficult to determine whether the apprehended perps were native Brits or not. My question basically was/is; "Is there any linkage between the spike in murders and the spike in refugees?" Your reply suggests/indicates that, evidently, no one really knows...or 'will say, anyway.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jammer dude, only thing I own here is YOU...lol....and that last paragraph of mine? All true. Your response? This crazy new "intolerance of bigotry is bigotry" nonsense. Whew...the mind games you guys on the right play.

I did learn the right wing internet debate style -- libtard! commie! un-American! from right wingers on line, some here. Absolutely. That's where it came from. Funny how the right turns into a bunch o' whiny flakes when I pitch back what they dish out.

Life expectancy is up around the world. It's down amongst the poor in the US because our private health care system sucks for the poor and lower classes. But all in all things are better. All over the world. It's just that old white guys in the US refuse to believe it, because Faux News.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
JEFF

"handing the robber a $100 VCR" is far more courageous and smarter than starting a shootout in your own neighborhood"

YOUR WORDS AGAIN.. I NEVER SAID I WOULD GO AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD SHOOTING PEOPLE.

STAY SAFE..WATCH OUT FOR THE BAD GUYS.. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU GET ROBBED YOU CAN HAND OUT CANDY BARS TOO.

Yeah, you did. You said if you were threatened by a robber who wanted your VCR, you'd open fire. Put you, your wife and your neighbors in danger.

OPEN FIRE! JUDGE, JURY and EXECUTIONER! BOOM! BANG! IMMIGRANTS AND BLACK PEOPLE MUST DIE!

Show me where i said that...never said i would do that or put my wife in danger. Stop making stuff up, it makes you look bad (not that you need any help) another slow day at the office????

Ron Earp

Admin
Well Larry not sure how you would distinguish a "so called refugee" from a real one, or when this this "big increase" is supposed to have occurred.

I'm going to make a guess that you'd supposedly be able to tell a refugee by them being non-white and/or non-christian.

Steve

Supporter
Jammer dude, only thing I own here is YOU...lol....and that last paragraph of mine? All true. Your response? This crazy new "intolerance of bigotry is bigotry" nonsense. Whew...the mind games you guys on the right play.

I did learn the right wing internet debate style -- libtard! commie! un-American! from right wingers on line, some here. Absolutely. That's where it came from. Funny how the right turns into a bunch o' whiny flakes when I pitch back what they dish out.

Life expectancy is up around the world. It's down amongst the poor in the US because our private health care system sucks for the poor and lower classes. But all in all things are better. All over the world. It's just that old white guys in the US refuse to believe it, because Faux News.

Jeff, you are intolerant of racism and sexism etc. That's all fine, but you're also intolerant of any opinions different than yours, regardless of what they are. That is the very definition of bigotry.

Yes, the far right winger "libtard" "commie" descriptions are bigoted. So how is your supposed adopting those style points not bigoted?

BTW, no one is whining, other than the fact you contribute nothing to this site outside the paddock.

You know next to nothing about healthcare counselor. Life expectancy is down in the US two years in a row. Mostly due to the opioid epidemic and, to much less extent, obesity and diabetes. That's not "faux news". That's CDC.

I'm going to make a guess that you'd supposedly be able to tell a refugee by them being non-white and/or non-christian.

Thanks Ron looks like from the response it's not that, not sure it can be in a name either?, Some of my colleagues, friends and sister in law "foreigners" are named Elizabeth, Jimmy, Mary and some of my British work colleagues and friends are Iftikar, Imran and Kamran, to name but a few.

So when looking out for "so call refugees" / "foreigners" should I be looking at those named Elizabeth, Jimmy, and Mary as well as Abshir, Cabdulmajiid, and Nadifa...but not Nick, Edward and William.

Ron Earp

Admin
So when looking out for "so call refugees" / "foreigners" should I be looking at those named Elizabeth, Jimmy, and Mary as well as Abshir, Cabdulmajiid, and Nadifa...but not Nick, Edward and William.

That's sound logic. I suppose it's one of those "I know a foreigner when I see one" deals.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ron looks like from the response it's not that, not sure it can be in a name either?, Some of my colleagues, friends and sister in law "foreigners" are named Elizabeth, Jimmy, Mary and some of my British work colleagues and friends are Iftikar, Imran and Kamran, to name but a few.

That's sound logic. I suppose it's one of those "I know a foreigner when I see one" deals.

'Cute.

Both of you have an uncanny talent for totally ignoring any point being made that runs contrary to whatever narrative/argument/position you support.

G'night, y'all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F5XlIF9iXy4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You guys need a break, apply some Heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back