GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion would be to add significant amounts of fiber to your diet, cut down on carbs and try switching to decaf. Please consider yoga and avoid large crowds as well.

Just trying to be a friend...

Veek, thank you for your polite suggestions. I have all of them covered, and more (meditation and rigorous daily exercise too), except for the decaf. I enjoy a cup in the morning to wake up, but that's it for the day.

Ya know, it's all about the nuts and berries here in CA. :thumbsup:

How's the market today, boys? :shrug:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
You do realize that Dumbo tells more lies than any president in history and it's not even a close race

No, they don’t, Rod...and they never will. They have consumed too much Conservative Kool-Aid and they just don’t want to.

There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see. They only want to look at those presidential actions that fuel thier anger and justify their blindness.

When this whole issue arose with the election of B.O. I asked a Conservative long-term friend to try to say just ONE positive thing about B.O. He thought for about half a second and said “He is a good family man”.

Yes, he was blinded by hatred...and he could not even see it, much less admit it. He left a sketch book in my car by accident and I opened it so I could see what kind of art he was making. It was just full of angry diatribes about B.O....blamed B.O. for many issues that were the fault of Gee-Dub and expressed such anger that I feared if there were an assination attempt on B.O. he would have been involved...he even bought a high powered rifle, the kind used to hunt deer (he was not a hunter, had never been) and when I asked why his answer was “...reach out and touch someone”!

We’re all involved in this discussion because we are serious about the path our country is taking...whether we like it or don’t we have strong beliefs and express them emphatically.

In the end, I worried so much about being associated with this gentle soul who had been corrupted by Conservative hate that I ended the friendship. I was not willing to go to jail for his angry actions.

I would suggest that some of our contributors re-read their posts...there is SO much anger presented here on this computer screen, and for what. We all know that we won’t change the beliefs of others, nor will they change ours. I relish a good discussion and welcome others to join in...but when I read and re-read the same old list of complaints the same person/people have posted again and again for years, it seems to me that the only forum members who gain anything are those who get a good laugh at our members who are obviously “lost” in anger over past transgressions.

I’d rather get upset over current transgressions...harboring anger over the long term is not healthy.

Doug

Sadly, no cheers here.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Rod,

Did you just come to this site to bitch and complain? Have you ever posted anything helpful to someones build thread?

After you posted this question I wondered if he had, too...so I went to his forum profile and checked.

I was amazed at the number of posts Rod has posted in the technical forums. I wrote each technical thread to which Rod had posted on a separate line on a sheet of notebook paper...had to turn it over to get them all listed, there were so many that it almost filled the second page.

Try it yourself, but be ready to eat a bit of crow when you find out what I found out...Rod is a very active contributor in other areas than just the Paddock. IMHO he is a valuable contributor...unlike one of our members who I call “one sentence ****”. Write one inflamatory and insulting sentence and then disappear until he finds a need to strike again...sound like a troll?

I think so...that’s why he is on my “ignore” list.

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Try it yourself, but be ready to eat a bit of crow when you find out what I found out...Rod is a very active contributor in other areas than just the Paddock. IMHO he is a valuable contributor...unlike one of our members who I call “one sentence ****”. Write one inflamatory comment and then disappear...sound like a troll?

I think so...that’s why he is on my “ignore” list.

Cheers!

Doug

Really??? When exactly was Rod last contribution to something other than his "political outlook"? Certainly not in last year since the current president was in office.
Sounds like you've just launched an inflammatory post complaining about inflammatory posts.
Have you considering adding significant amounts of fiber to your diet, cut down on carbs and try switching to decaf. Please consider yoga and avoid large crowds as well. I was going to suggest a support animal but after this most recent tragedy, I'm reluctant to do so.

Student claims Spirit Airlines told her to flush her pet hamster so she could board - SFGate

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha

Just trying to be a friend...

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Really??? When exactly was Rod last contribution to something other than his "political outlook"? Certainly not in last year since the current president was in office.

Sure...I counted 32 in all, but have not checked to see how many were in the past year.

My 32 discoveries regarding his posts not in the paddock's Political thread occurred on the following titled threads:
California
Guns in America
Joe Arpaio
SPF2348
World Cup 2014
SPF GT40P2129
Failed! At the Bar
Alloy VS Iron Blocks
Discussion of 2003 CAV GT FS
Dan's SLC Build Thread
CAV GT40 For Sale
Dynaformance ECU Problems
GT40 Wanted
Any Thoughts on a 351 Engine?
A black SLC heading N on 280 Yesterday
GTD GT40 for Sale *SOLD*
Group Buy Subforum?
Current state of GT40 market
I'm Sorry
To FE or not to FE
Wanted: Used SPF GT40 MKII
Hi from CA
Registering in CA with OR Plates
Calif Registration SB100 Info
The most Beautiful Cobra you'll ever see
SPF continuation car?
[just a minute...gotta turn the page over, the front of the page is full]
Insuring a Replica build--USA
Greetings
SPF Rocker Panel Stripes
SPF V CAV
P2123 in the wet
Superformance 2174 for sale.
It's really not that hard to find out for yourself, Pat. Just go to Rod's forum profile and click on "statistics" and then on "all posts by RodKnock". I understand why you weren't interested in finding out for yourself though, it wouldn't fit your conservative philosophy.

I did not at the time know I'd need to keep count of the dates the posts were made, but now that I've explained how to find out that information you can do it for yourself. Have at it.

I can assure you that not a single one of those thread titles I posted were in the Paddock's Politics Thread...but yes, there were many. We have a very active group on the political thread and there would be others with more posts in the Politics thread than Rod (myself, I would predict, included).

As for you medical advice, at almost 70 years of age my blood pressure when I donated blood on Tuesday was 110/70 (it's usually about 116/78, though), my weight is 149# and I am disease free (although not "disorder free"...my parents were terrible tobacco addicts and each smoked more than 2 packs a day, so as a child I had to smoke 4 packs a day whether I wanted to or not, so I do have asthma, but it is quite easily controlled). At one time I was 194# and in order to keep my liver from eating itself up with scar tissue (fatty liver disease, which can progress to cirrhosis..no I don't consume alcohol), I went to a nutritionist and it only took one session to get my diet right. By the time I lost down to 170# my liver enzyme numbers were in the normal range, and not just barely, but smack-dab in the middle of the normal range.

Thanks for your concern and suggestions...but I think I'm doing pretty well for a man of my age.

Back to Rod...he's been very active on the Politics thread, and thank goodness for that because there aren't many middle-of-the road (or even left-leaning) members on this forum...the vast majority are died-in-the-wool conservatives. Any political discussion deserves a discussion on both sides of the issue...his contributions are certainly well appreciated (although he does use some derogatory terms to refer to our POTUS...but some of them are quite literally deserved, IMHO).

Cheers, Pat....hope you change your opinion of Rod....he's the loyal opposition to the current (inept, I might add) political leadership...Trump, who seems to really relish it when the stock market goes up, just orchestrated the second largest decline in the stock market in history. Read all about it...it's all over the news today, then please come back and tell us why you like him so much. It's a mystery to me!!!!

To quote Al..."Let's all bitch about Trump". I, for one, think Rod has Trump pegged correctly...he's a fool and is not good for our country. IMHO, of course, and YOMV, as the opinions of conservatives usually do.

Thanks goodness we have the right to disagree! Let's hope Trump can't deprive us of that right...I'm sure he'd like to.

Doug

Pat

Supporter
Sure...I counted 32 in all, but have not checked to see how many were in the past year.

Doug

Really?? Your obvious condescension aside, I simply clicked on Rod's name for more postings. Look for yourself:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2583925

It's the basis for my comment.

Your assumptions about me, and my beliefs are interesting and candidly misguided. Typecasting with labels is a fundamental form of stereotyping and some say an entry point to bias and bigotry. You are certainly welcome to go back and read my posts and revise your opinion... or not.
You also may find it interesting to examine the differences between libertarian and conservative viewpoints. The political spectrum is not binary, nor is my view of the world.
Nonethless, today I'm glad ISIS is being defeated, the economy is growing, unemployment is down and Mr. Obama assertion that the departure of manufacturing jobs was the "new normal" is apparently false. Mr. Trump won the election for the simple reason is that he was less loathsome than the person he was running against.
The book on her campaign "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign" by Allen and Parnes is an interesting and a study in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I also suspect her post election screeds do not serve Mrs. Clinton's legacy well.

Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign - Kindle edition by Jonathan Allen, Amie Parnes. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I'm also gratified you are in good health. Anger kills relationships, arguments and people. It's also a very poor influencing strategy. The profane insults, (wherever directed), often seen in the Paddock are simply tiresome and boring. It's repellent to others and I suspect the impact it's had on my personal forum participation is reflective in others whose names you don't see here any more.

All that said, my profound objection is to anger, bullying and meanness that's reflected is many of the comments of those on the left. Rod's schadenfreude over the market is obviously silly as a brief look at today's S&P would indicate. But it's mean spirited and not how an interest based site will flourish.
I'm glad your defending him though. Like all of us, I think he needs friends.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Really?? Your obvious condescension aside, I simply clicked on Rod's name for more postings. Look for yourself:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2583925

Thanks, Pat! I'd never tried it that way, but I clicked on your link above and got this response from the forum:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I tried clicking on my name and got this:

View Public Profile
Send a private message to YerDugliness
Find More Posts by YerDugliness
Add YerDugliness to Your Contacts

I'm guessing you clicked on the "Find More Posts by [forum name]" option when you were looking for Rod's history.

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Okay guys.. Enough talking about each other and more about the political aspect of this thread please...
—-
I will say that I was encouraged to read about and hear some of Rand Paul’s filibustering and calling out the rampant government spending. Not sure it did much good,but was still good to hear..

((Deleted by Randy)) From my perspective, it seems as if others here don't want to hear a dissenting opinion.

Randy, I agree, Rand Paul was right, but I'm not sure he should have shut the government down again. The Tea Party and other Republicans whined and moaned about deficits and here they are creating more and even bigger ones.

Dumbo said he would hire the best people, but Rob Porter is just the latest in a string of losers that Dumbo has hired in his first year. Two convicted felons (Flynn and Papadopolous), a wife abuser, lawyers who don't know the law, a Secretary of Education who doesn't know anything about education, a Housing Secretary who knows nothing about housing, etc. Best people? All losers.

The stock market is now volatile and going through a market correction. Why? Because F'ing Moron and the rest of the Republicans gave a tax cut to the rich and corporations at a time when the economy was working fine and continuing to improve. Now, investors are worried about interest rates rising AT A FASTER PACE than anticipated and inflation. Just taking the Dow 30, down about 12% from last week. Nasdaq down about 11%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Flynn and Papadoulis were already felons when Trump hired them?

What happened to background checks and vetting?

How did they slip through?

Oh, yeah...I forgot...Trump doesn’t care what laws he has to break to get what he wants...he doesn’t have to follow ANY rules. After all, when pressed on the issues of hos legal transgressions by the press, his reply was quite simple...”Hey, I’m the President, right?”

Reminds me of Nixon’s comment...”If the President does it, it’s not illegal!”

They should be held to the same standards as all citizens.

Doug

Last edited:
What happened to background checks and vetting?

How did they slip through?

Doug

Because they don't care (Trump is a sexual harasser), they're too stupid and/or too lazy to do a background check on a two-time wife abuser or a lawyer who doesn't know the law, on and on. He's obviously not hiring the best

Trump Fed nominee could face trouble - Feb. 8, 2018

Poor Vetting Sinks Trump’s Nominees for Federal Judge - The New York Times

3 Trump Judicial Nominees Withdraw, Raising Some Questions About Vetting : NPR

Here's a dingbat that was nominated for Council on Environmental Quality:
White House withdraws controversial nominee to head Council on Environmental Quality - The Washington Post

Seriously, where do these people come from? Does Dumbo have a list of morons and kooks that he uses for all the government jobs that need filling?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
In a word...probably :eek:

He certainly does not want to be transparent...walks past reporters who are asking legitimate questions and pretends he doesn’t even hear them, does not want to divulge his financial dealings (why would he want to do that, he knows he’s not going to pass scrutiny), places family in important positions depite a legal prohibition on nepotism...I could go on and on, but why...he thinks because he’s President he can do anything he wants (and does).

He SHOULD be impeached if he does anything illegal...and he does, and can’t stop.

Doug

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
At $135 billion a year for illegal immigration, $20 billion afor a wall sounds like a no-brainer. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...average-8075-each-25000-in-ny/article/2635757

Sure, Al, I suppose the overall cost of illegal immigration could run that high.

So...the idea is to stem the tide of illegals in some manner. I just think that it would be less expensive than building a will if we increased our border control officers...and that would provide more jobs, and longer lasting jobs, than building a wall.

I see it as win-win. Despite how many times Trump says the Mexican government will pay for the wall, I can't imagine many of us believe that.

Now, if he could force Mexico to pay for constructing the wall, that would be an accomplishment for which I would congratulate him...but I think that the wall will soon be as full of holes as a wheel of Swiss cheese, so even if we do get a wall we'll still need border control agents.

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mexico paying for the wall....
Now I have my serious doubts that anyone believed that Mexico would write a check for it.
But just suppose -
Putting tariffs on goods being shipped into the US from Mexico could very well be used as payment...
Could this be what Candidate / President Trump meant?

Now I have my serious doubts that anyone believed that Mexico would write a check for it.
But just suppose -
Putting tariffs on goods being shipped into the US from Mexico could very well be used as payment...

If it is, how about Trump writes the $20B check and he gets reimbursed?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
But just suppose -

In actuality, Randy, at first that is what I thought he meant...but he’s so evasive about answering questions that who knows?

If truth be told, I think he’s just dreaming and is clueless about how to finance it...although I REALLY like Dave’s suggestion that Trump pay for the wall out of his own pocket and then be the one who gets the reimbursement payments from Mexico.

Adding tarrifs to pay for the wall will just increase the cost and the American public will end up paying for the wall that way.

I try every time I need something to buy a product made or grown in America...Al W. Is right...BUY AMERICAN!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’m the same way Doug... I go well out of my way and even ask store-keepers for domestic products. I will happily pay more for those products as well...
The Tariffs on products made in Mexico would indeed be a burden on Americans until such point in time that American companies gear up and start making those products here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back