GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Supporter
Doug, you're correct except it can never be assumed that the behavior between a superior and a subordinate was truly consensual. There is usually some degree of coercion involved. Trump's accusers are just that, accusers. There is nothing proven and, given the timing, there likely is nothing behind the accusations.

I'm not disagreeing that he's a poor choice for President. The "liar" label is better attached to Hillary than Trump. He's a windbag and shoot's off his mouth inappropriately but she calculatingly deceives in the worst possible way. Trump hasn't perjured himself, only Bill has that accolade. Hillary learned and only lied to Congress and the American people. When sworn in front of the FBI she got her story straight to avoid a perjury charge like Bill. Afterwards, however, she went back to her same lie to the American people and said the FBI said she told the truth (which Comey most certainly said she did not)!

Make no mistake, I'm not voting for either of these nitwits. But if you think the rest of the world isn't going to laugh at us if we elect Hillary you're wrong. They're going to laugh just as hard. I'm still trying to figure out how we got here...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Make no mistake, I'm not voting for either of these nitwits. But if you think the rest of the world isn't going to laugh at us if we elect Hillary you're wrong. They're going to laugh just as hard. I'm still trying to figure out how we got here...

BZZT. Fail. False. Wrongin'man wrong again.

European favorable perception of Darth Cheeto: 9%

Hillary: 59%.

BOOM.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

I really don't worry much about Trump starting a nuclear war...

It's too late to do much about it now, but hopefully enough people will realize that the only real issues with the race for the office of POTUS Should be centric around two things:
1) Supreme Court nominations - This alone has the ability to shape our world forever.
2) Financial prowess that can cut through the miles of crap and establish a trade policy which has the potential of restoring the USA as a manufacturing leader..

God help us...

He did! He (she?) sent Hillary Clinton to defeat Darth Cheeto, and make sure we avoid incredibly destructive trade wars and tariffs that hurt everyone except dying businesses, and force us to drop the stupid idea that a "manufacturing" job making socks for $10/hour is better than an IT job or health care job or other services job making $50/hour.

Supreme Court? Hillary will put people on the court who respect our right to privacy, a women's right to choose (old white men butt out!), expand our free speech rights, expand our freedom OF and FROM religion, expand our protections from the taking of property, and basically all of our individual liberties with no change to your right to own all the bang sticks you want.

Darth Cheeto apparently thinks political discussion and discourse is bad when it is critical of him, and wants to drastically restrict the 1st Amendment by increasing the ability of people to sue others who what amounts to journalism, and apparently thinks freedom of religion only extends to Christians.

Yep, it appears God did help us.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Amazing isn't it
There is a race in the USA
There are no women involved
And a black bloke is currently in the lead.

This is a car forum and nobody even mentioned it

Go LuLu! I like the guy, still.

And I think he is going to pull of a miracle comeback and win the WDC this year.

Steve

Supporter
Rod, if you choose a "fact checker" with a bias such as Politifact then you will get the answer you're looking for. It doesn't make it fact however.

PolitiFact Denies Its Own Left-Wing Bias | Daily Wire

Jeff, if you continue to refer to Trump as Darth Cheeto you only confirm that you lack all objectivity (which we all already know). I seriously doubt God sent Hillary Clinton. He may work in mysterious ways, but he wouldn't promote someone with so little integrity.

So about 9 years ago, my brother was in a restaurant in NYC talking with the owner before they open. HC comes in with her entourage treating some of them (secret service?) quite rudely. She's in the thick of the primary campaign and some guy with the campaign approaches my brother and the owner and asks "Would any of you like to meet the next President of the United States?" My brother replies "No, I've got more important things to do, like flossing my teeth." Then he walked out. The guy was speechless. He's a dentist so I can see where he's coming from....

Rod, if you choose a "fact checker" with a bias such as Politifact then you will get the answer you're looking for. It doesn't make it fact however.

PolitiFact Denies Its Own Left-Wing Bias | Daily Wire

Jeff, if you continue to refer to Trump as Darth Cheeto you only confirm that you lack all objectivity (which we all already know). I seriously doubt God sent Hillary Clinton. He may work in mysterious ways, but he wouldn't promote someone with so little integrity.

So about 9 years ago, my brother was in a restaurant in NYC talking with the owner before they open. HC comes in with her entourage treating some of them (secret service?) quite rudely. She's in the thick of the primary campaign and some guy with the campaign approaches my brother and the owner and asks "Would any of you like to meet the next President of the United States?" My brother replies "No, I've got more important things to do, like flossing my teeth." Then he walked out. The guy was speechless. He's a dentist so I can see where he's coming from....

The Daily Wire is run by the former editor of Breitbart News, Ben Shapiro. Come on. Puh-leeze. As I said in my first post, carry on with arguments.

Steve

Supporter
Exactly, biases on either side. If you recognize the biases you don't agree with (Daily Wire) you should recognize the biases you do agree with (Politifact).

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
We need a strong, sensible, modern Republican Party.

One of the problems with this batch of conservatives is an inability to split fact from opinion.

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE. Politifact is a "fact checking" organization. They check and see if a candidate's statements align with the facts. While there are is some subjectivity to it, it's mostly objective. Just because these days, Politifact finds that Republicans are telling more whoppers than Democrats doesn't mean they are biased (and that is apparently the basis fo rthe Breitbart 'criticism"). It may and likely just does mean they are right.

The Daily Wire saying "nuh-huh" without any facts to back up the claim of bias is NOT a legitimate criticism.

Hillary's not perfect. However she is amongst the most truthful candidates in this election cycle. That's a fact.

Steve

Supporter
We need a strong, sensible, modern Republican Party.

One of the problems with this batch of conservatives is an inability to split fact from opinion.

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE. Politifact is a "fact checking" organization. They check and see if a candidate's statements align with the facts. While there are is some subjectivity to it, it's mostly objective. Just because these days, Politifact finds that Republicans are telling more whoppers than Democrats doesn't mean they are biased (and that is apparently the basis fo rthe Breitbart 'criticism"). It may and likely just does mean they are right.

The Daily Wire saying "nuh-huh" without any facts to back up the claim of bias is NOT a legitimate criticism.

Hillary's not perfect. However she is amongst the most truthful candidates in this election cycle. That's a fact.

Jeff, I agree. The Republican Party needs sensible leaders with good judgement. I would say that both John Kasich and Paul Ryan (whether you agree with them or not) represent that but many do not

Politifact was started by the Tampa Bay Times, a traditionally very liberal paper. They are not infallible and can exhibit bias. The study noting their bias came from George Mason University, not the Daily Wire. It was a sutdy, not an opinion. It was also reported in US News and World Report, not a conservative source like Daily Wire or Fox News: Study Finds Fact Checkers Biased Against Republicans | Thomas Jefferson Street | US News

One of the problems with this batch of democrats is an overwhelming sense of self-righteous superiority. Rather than a willingness to self-examine and consider other viewpoints, many are so certain they're the smartest person in the room that the views of others are irrelevant.

Hillary "is amongst the most truthful candidates in this election cycle. That's a fact." Wow, if you believe that you must live in quite an echo chamber. The only candidate that Hillary could potentially beat out (poetntially) is Trump. Sanders is a far more honest and honorable individual than HC ever was (and I vehemently disagree with everything he stands for) and so is Kasich.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I might well have been able to vote Republican if Kasich had been the party's choice. He seemed reasonable and competent and not as "rabid radical" as most of them.

Just curious…is the TEA Party now a bad memory? We don't seem to hear the term much any more, but the philosophy and attitude cannot have become defunct.

I agree with your opinion of Sanders…but as much as I have thought of myself as being "slightly left of centrist", he was too much for me. He really hit home with his campaign platform plank that would have guaranteed that he IRS would be dismantled…that organization is the scum of the earth if you ask me.

Cheers!

Doug

I see today she's in more pooh as some one has filed a law suit against her oh dear. looks like her campaign hasn't been all above board.

kaspa

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...neither candidate has been convicted of perjury.

O.J. Simpson wasn't convicted of murder either, was he...

Regardless, only one of the two candidates has been the focus of an FBI criminal investigation...and, given the trainload of evidence against that candidate, seasoned FBI investigators are furious about the fact Director Comey chose not to indict that candidate.

As has been mentioned numerous times, if any one of us had done one tenth of what a mound of evidence says that candidate did, we'd be in the Grey Bar Hilton right now. No 'ifs', 'buts', or 'maybes' about it. Just ask U.S. Navy sailor Kristian Saucier...among others.

O.J. Simpson wasn't convicted of murder either, was he...

Regardless, only one of the two candidates has been the focus of an FBI criminal investigation...and, given the trainload of evidence against that candidate, seasoned FBI investigators are furious about the fact Director Comey chose not to indict that candidate.

As has been mentioned numerous times, if any one of us had done one tenth of what a mound of evidence says that candidate did, we'd be in the Grey Bar Hilton right now. No 'ifs', 'buts', or 'maybes' about it. Just ask U.S. Navy sailor Kristian Saucier...among others.

But he was held liable for the deaths (wrongful death) in a civil trial, which lead him to try and recover his belongings (that were sold off to pay the civil judgement) a few years later and he was caught and convicted and put in jail where he currently resides to this day. Karma!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
But he was held liable for the deaths (wrongful death) in a civil trial, which lead him to try and recover his belongings (that were sold off to pay the civil judgement) a few years later and he was caught and convicted and put in jail where he currently resides to this day. Karma!

Yeeeeeup. And he deserves to serve every day of his sentence, too.

IMHO the original O.J. jury "deserves" to be rounded up, lined up against a brick wall and shot by firing squad just on general principles. A more completely c-l-u-e-l-e-s-s, agenda-driven group has never occupied a jury box. Ever.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Just facts.

Bill isn't running and neither candidate has been convicted of perjury. As for lying, from Politifact:

HRC - Lies 27%: Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact

DJT - Lies 71%: Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

I'm surprised Trump's is so low...other than that I'd say they are right on for HC.

I'm going to google the lawsuit...you know, anyone can file suit for any reason...prevailing in court, now that's another thing. Just watch the lawsuits from these ladies who say Trump assaulted them sexually...they'll multiply like flies as soon as the election is over!!!

Cheers!

Doug

yeah isnt it amazing how a pat on the bum can turn into a sexual assault as soon as you gain a high profile 20 years later, god knows i'd be doing life by now.

kaspa

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Most of the ladies report very different behavior than just a pat on the bum.

The Donald is SO absolutely egocentric that he can see neither that his behavior was assaultive nor that he is responsible for an assault...IMHO he sees these actions as entitlements because, after all, he IS The Donald...that makes it OK, just as he sees it as OK to have cheated all those Trump University students out of their money and their dreams. He would function with that same sense of omnipotence were he elected POTUS.

We, as a country, do not need a "runaway train" POTUS...you think BO was active with presidential orders? Watch out with The Donald!!!

Cheers?

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back